World Cup 2010 ZAF

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Goal for USA by Dempsey (40', 1:1)!

Wow... great stuff, now the speed and aggressivity will increase!

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i can't believe that just happened , before that fuck up there wasn't much threat from the US. :crying:

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Well, about the right result to be fair, England looked abit better, but not by much.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It's over, England - USA 1:1.

Respectable display by the US lads there, even tough the goal wasn't really deserved.

The match reminded me of the Euro Cup match Austria - Germany, Austria also played with a 4-4-3/4-4-2-1 setup and like England, our team had great difficulties with breaking through the wall of defense. In this light, the plan of the US team worked quite well.

England clearly was the better team, they're too nervous, though, they missed a couple of great chances that way.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i agree we looked a bit nervous but i think we deserved the win the USA were camped in they're own half for alot of the game with not to much going forward.

oh well at least the first game is out the way now.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
That was very intelligently played by the U.S. like it or not.

Everyone knows England is the best team out of that group. So the U.S. didn't risk anything. Their strategy was to defend and maintain extreme discipline in the defense and try to counterattack or try shots from mid distance. The early goal took em offguard but the goalkeepers fuck up evened everything again.

I'm sure the U.S. will play aggressively now in the following two games and easily classify to the next round. England will move on as well.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Building a wall isn't that clever in and of itself but as you say takes discipline and this is where the US team did a good job, no doubt about that.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Building a wall isn't that clever in and of itself but as you say takes discipline and this is where the US team did a good job, no doubt about that.
Cmon man, I'm sure coach Bradley is extremely happy he managed to weasel a point out of England. They were not going to risk attacking and perhaps losing when they could just play it safe against the big guy and then take out the weaker teams.

That's how you play the group stage.

The U.S. has advanced extremely quick as with they do in any competition they take part of. I'm sure the U.S. will be feared in the not so distant future.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The U.S. has advanced extremely quick as with they do in any competition they take part of. I'm sure the U.S. will be feared in the not so distant future.

Maybe, who knows.

There are some good people in the team, like goalie Howard, he's really dependable.

There still is lotsa work to do, though, attack and midfiled are quite weak and unorganized.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Maybe, who knows.

There are some good people in the team, like goalie Howard, he's really dependable.

There still is lotsa work to do, though, attack and midfiled are quite weak and unorganized.
Of course, if anything I give the U.S. a chance to maybe reach the quarter finals again. But that's as far as they're getting if they even get there. It'll take years, but the U.S. has a very serious project and they've done some great advances.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Korea look decent and could possibly get to the QF stage IF they defend. Argentina could be scary IF they start putting away their chances.

France are piss poor, as are Greece.

Tonights game was always going to be a draw. I still don't understand how these players play week in week out in the EPL but when they play for England, they're just shit. No cohesion and the amount of negative backwards passing is appalling. A decent result though, as it wasn't too long ago the USA beat Spain and pushed Brasil in the Confederations Cup.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
There simply is too much public and media pressure on the English team, this was and will be a problem. What's more, they were too confident after the successful playoffs/qualifying and thought the US would be a routine job but playing against a determined team with 8 defensive positions is never easy. They should have seen it coming.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
The World Cup 2010 is here :glee:

Gabriel%20Heinze.jpg
Clint%20Dempsey.jpg

subscheering.jpg

Happy Birthday Diego Milito

Last edited:

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i think the US still have a long way to go before they can really challenge for anything , without Donovan they don't seem to have anything going forward or much creativity in the team.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Le menu de futbol aujourd'hui:

Algeria - Slovenia

Serbia - Ghana

Germany - Australia

Looking forward to the Germany match of course.

My tips? Well, as you've seen I'm not a pro-tipper but will try it anyway: 1:2, 1:0, 2:1. :)

My newly-bought Boogie Blast Vuvuzela, beer and food are ready, there will be a small footie party at our house tonight, hope our neighbours don't mind, and if they do, well... :D

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
i think the US still have a long way to go before they can really challenge for anything , without Donovan they don't seem to have anything going forward or much creativity in the team.

I kinda agree, but theres alot of potential for the states to improve :mr_t:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'll root for Ghana in the match because I want an African team to win but my tip is against them because I'm being realistic here. Serbia has good players.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Halftime Algeria - Slovenia (0:0).

Not a truly bad match but also not too interesting so far.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Red card for Ghezzal (Algeria, 73'). He already got a yellow card only 30 seconds after entering the match... ...uhm... congrats?

Still 0:0, 16 minutes to go.