World Cup 2010 ZAF

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
That dude that missed RSA's second real chance (off the post) is gonna have to move into witness protection. Lol. Good game. I'm pumped for ROK v. Greece tomorrow!

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
South Africa - Mexico 1:1

Nice match, Tshabalala's goal was absolutely amazing!

Mexico still was the better team IMO but the RSA guys are very powerful and highly motivated.

Next match on schedule is Uruguay - France.

Your predictions, gentlemen?

I say 1:2 (not that I'd want the French to win).

I think Uruguay may surprise us,at least I hope so.
Fuck the French:buttrock:

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Henry's the only Barca member I won't be cheering for...Go Uruguay!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I think Uruguay may surprise us,at least I hope so.
Fuck the French:buttrock:

Normally I'm not a France hater but they weaseled their way into WC vs. Ireland, that was totally undeserved.

So yeah, I'll definitely root for Uruguay.

jsiucho

Sakura's Bank Manager
15 Year Member
I just place a $60 bet on Uruguay. Already made some $105 betting on a draw on Mexico and S Africa.

JS

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Uruguay - France 0:0

Gah, what a boring match. France played sloppy and uninspired as usual, Uruguay can (and should) do better. On the upside, if France keep on playing like that, they won't survive the first round. :smirk:

Tomorrow's matches:

South Korea - Greece

Argentina - Nigeria

England - USA

Almost a full footie day, excellent! :D

EDIT:

Let me add that I don't have a problem with France per se, I just don't like Les Bleus. Excellent single players but low team playing skills.

Last edited:

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Attention, the Mexican fanboy has arrived!!!!!

hahahaha nawww, im unbiased

overall, the tie isn't really all that bad

Even tho South Africa on paper is inferior footballskill wise to Mexico, playing the opening game, against the host country, with the entire stadium and country against you, the nerves, the pressure, etc, is nothing to dismiss. A victory would have been so much better but the tie still gives Mexico a lot of hope. If they defeat France in the next game, which is very, very possible, they pretty much just need to seal a tie against uruguay and they move on.

Mexico historically always increases their playing skill when they play against better teams.

France vs uruguay was a big disappointment

here are my predictions for tomorrow's games:

England will win
Argentina will win
Don't really care at all about the Greece game bwahaha

Actually, the U.S., is my second team pick after Mexico, I hope they do well, I really do, but even tho I think it's very possible for them to beat England, I see England taking it. The U.S. should win the following games and move on tho.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Last world cup, France drew nil all against Swiss and both advanced.

Uruguay is the second best team in the group behind France.

Mexico completely lost their energy on the 70th minute.

Uruguay is onthe same zone as ZAF, so they are prepared for this brisk weather coming in. It won't affect them negatively as it might other countries.

A real benefit for ZAF and Mexico is that France and Uruguay suffered a lot of cards against each other.

Attention, the Mexican fanboy has arrived!!!!!

hahahaha nawww, im unbiased

overall, the tie isn't really all that bad

Even tho South Africa on paper is inferior footballskill wise to Mexico, playing the opening game, against the host country, with the entire stadium and country against you, the nerves, the pressure, etc, is nothing to dismiss. A victory would have been so much better but the tie still gives Mexico a lot of hope. If they defeat France in the next game, which is very, very possible, they pretty much just need to seal a tie against uruguay and they move on.

Mexico historically always increases their playing skill when they play against better teams.

France vs uruguay was a big disappointment

here are my predictions for tomorrow's games:

England will win
Argentina will win
Don't really care at all about the Greece game bwahaha

Actually, the U.S., is my second team pick after Mexico, I hope they do well, I really do, but even tho I think it's very possible for them to beat England, I see England taking it. The U.S. should win the following games and move on tho.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Last world cup, France drew nil all against Swiss and both advanced.

Uruguay is the second best team in the group behind France.

Mexico completely lost their energy on the 70th minute.

Uruguay is onthe same zone as ZAF, so they are prepared for this brisk weather coming in. It won't affect them negatively as it might other countries.

A real benefit for ZAF and Mexico is that France and Uruguay suffered a lot of cards against each other.
Actually, IMO I think Mexico has greater chances of beating France than they do Uruguay. Especially, since Mexico - Uruguay will be the last game and both teams will risk everything to move on.

Of course these are all predictions and opinions and in the world of football, nothing is certain.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Actually, IMO I think Mexico has greater chances of beating France than they do Uruguay. Especially, since Mexico - Uruguay will be the last game and both teams will risk everything to move on.

Of course these are all predictions and opinions and in the world of football, nothing is certain.

True words. But Perez looked like a deer in the headlights every time ZAF came at him. The rest of the defense seemed solid until everyone was winded, and I believe that was from the change in climate and pressure.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
fuck me the France game was boring, im just glad i had a few cans of larger and a curry to keep me happy.

im gutted, ive got to strip my kitchen out today ready for it to be plastered, which means ill miss most of today's games.:crying:

ill still be watching England vs USA though.:buttrock:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Sorry USA
Backing the Brits

Argentina will most likely run over Nigeria

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm torn in case of England - USA. England is my fave team after Germany and The Netherlands, I have a soft spot for those tragic heroes... ;)

Then again, the US boys have a certain style that makes their game interesting to watch, USA matches are never boring IMO.

Ah well, good luck guys, you'll need it.

Okay, here are my predictions:

South Korea - Greece

The Greek team is motivated but their performance in the qualifiying round wasn't all that hot (for ex. the 0:2 loss against Paraguay) so SK will give them a hard time. Greece has a good chance to win this one if they are on their toes so I say

1:2

Argentina - Nigeria

Argentina will win this one. However, never underestimate the agility and power of the Nigerian players...

3:1

England - USA

Team England seems to be under pressure from the media at home, this is what brought them into trouble more than once in the past. Really Looking forward to that match.

2:1

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
First half of South Korea - Greece is over.

The Koreans dominate the match so far, mostly due to a lack of agility on part of the Greeks and a downright stupid mistake that led to the 1:0. They woke up during the last ten mins which pointed out one of the exploitable flaws of the South Koreans, their defense with some gaping holes. Greece could do more if they switch to second gear and increase the pressure.

EDIT:

13 mins into second half - this isn't a match, it's a burial for Greece. I can't believe what I'm seeing, they play as if they had lead on their legs.

The early goal ruined it for Greece, now the Koreans are on a roll.

EDIT #2:

It's over, Greece lost 2:0. They seemed totally out of balance and depressed, too bad.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Greece played like shit. I'm really shocked at how abyssmal they were.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Watching Argentina - Nigeria atm (1:0, first half), good match so far. Argentina does not play as dominant as I predicted but I guess this will change in the second half.

Heinze's goal was awesome.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i missed the goal , i thought nigeria's keeper made a couple of decent saves though.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
i missed the goal , i thought nigeria's keeper made a couple of decent saves though.

Yeah, the whole Nigerian team are really on their toes, they play very well so far. I sort underestimated them, they're definitely better than I thought.

The thing is, Argentina does not play 100% yet, they have way more up their sleeves.

Robert

20 Year Member
France-Uruguay:

I was dissapointed by the result. France had to score at the end of the game, they had several opportunities they missed. I'm quite worried for my team on this world Cup.

The boys know how to play but it seems they forget everything in front of the goal.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Argentina beat Nigeria 1:0.

Man, Messi had no less than FIVE crystal-clear chances and missed them all, could have ended 4:0 or 5:0 as well.

Props to Nigeria, some of their quick attacks gave Argentina a hard time.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Goal for England by Gerrard (4', 1:0)!

Will be a tough nut to crack for the US.