World Cup 2010 ZAF

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Oh, france and uruguay definitely have better individualities, Forlan and Suarez are incredible forwards. Ribery is a great player. etc. Way better individualities than Mexico for sure but as you say its all about a well rounded team. Mexico MUST play as a team or they will not win against these teams. And top it off that they go against the host during the first world cup game. I believe the host has never failed to advance from the group stage. But I still have hopes Mexico will pull through, they've had tougher groups in the past and they still moved on.

And yea bottom line is vela and dos santos have failed in transcending but chicharito seems to have more potential than these 2 did. If Ferguson went after him personally I'm sure he must have seen something in the boy.

And for the record I don't see Spain winning the world cup. They're definitely the favorites but you know bullshit of some sort always happens. Not trying to hate but I don't see them winning the cup. Let's look at the confederations cup, my gut feeling tells me they will choke again.

You can't really predict anything until the world cup starts. Teams will lose players due to injuries, coach preferences, etc so we can't really make any real predictions just yet.

Rumor had it that Valencia was after Chicharito first. Then Manchester came in snagged him. Valencia knew that Villa would have to be sold. Manchester gets the person Valencia sought to replace Villa with on the cheap. Macheda has already shown to be incredibly talented for what Chicharito is being brought in for (4th striker on list... Not a great life).

I don't think Manchester pursued Chicharito for anything more than future resale. Near future at that. Of course Villa has already rebuked Manchester completely, so I guess they can enjoy fucking up Chicharito's career now by not playing him, or loaning him out in the Coca Cola league where he'd get beat up.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am rethinking the outcomes, after realizing that Brazil will likely qualify before they even see Portugal, at which point they're going to sit their starters. So the only way Côte moves forward is if they win the first match against Portugal...

France, Uruguay - Sticking with my original prediction. Uruguay is not going to let Mexico waltz past them in game three.

Argentina, Nigeria - Greece might move forward, hell, Argentina might not even make it out. They're a high risk high reward team. Maradona is a twat.

England, USA - not interested in this group. Upset is unlikely.

Germany, Serbia - Not sure. Could be Ghana. They do have the easier schedule.

Netherlands, Cameroon - Eto'o running wild.

Italy, Slovakia - already called this. Slovakia is going to show up.

Portugal, Brazil - Portugal is blessed by seeing Brazil last. Not sure how it will turn out though, since Brazil never pulls punches. Not even against the worst futsal team in the world.

Spain, Chile - Spain is obviously going to qualify before they see Chile. And they're going to rest all the starters against Chile.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am going to say that with Maradona's XI selection, Argentina will not make it out of the group stage. He needs to get sacked immediately before he does any more damage to Argentina football.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I am going to say that with Maradona's XI selection, Argentina will not make it out of the group stage. He needs to get sacked immediately before he does any more damage to Argentina football.

Pablo Aimar and Saviola would rock in there! :vik:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Pablo Aimar and Saviola would rock in there! :vik:

Cambiasso and Zanetti belong on that team, and you know I hate Inter. But Zanetti and Cambiasso are actually the best midfielders that can play on that team, and Zanetti single handedly shut Messi down in the CL semifinal. It's ridiculous to leave them out. He wants to put in Gago who hasn't done shit, plays like shit for Madrid, but he's one of his boys. Fucking insanity.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Cambiasso and Zanetti belong on that team, and you know I hate Inter. But Zanetti and Cambiasso are actually the best midfielders that can play on that team, and Zanetti single handedly shut Messi down in the CL semifinal. It's ridiculous to leave them out. He wants to put in Gago who hasn't done shit, plays like shit for Madrid, but he's one of his boys. Fucking insanity.

Gago's not in there....

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think Paraguay is being underestimated by a long shot in this thread. Denmark might not be playing at their top now but they do tend to pull rabbit out of the hat. (Mexico '86). Honduras has being constructing a real nice well rounded team and I think I will see more than what's expected of them.

Nonetheless I'm real excited for this cup. Germany vs Argentina (Mexico '86) all over again! Another France vs Brazil would be phenomenal and Italy vs Spain is going to be amazing! I don't see England getting much done in this cup but you never know.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think Paraguay is being underestimated by a long shot in this thread. Denmark might not be playing at their top now but they do tend to pull rabbit out of the hat. (Mexico '86). Honduras has being constructing a real nice well rounded team and I think I will see more than what's expected of them.

Nonetheless I'm real excited for this cup. Germany vs Argentina (Mexico '86) all over again! Another France vs Brazil would be phenomenal and Italy vs Spain is going to be amazing! I don't see England getting much done in this cup but you never know.

I actually think this will be one of the worst world cups ever, and it hasn't begun yet. Too many managers letting their ego take over. The cup isn't about the players - it's about Maradona, Domenech, Dunga - and they don't have their heads on straight.

Paraguay I don't really care about, but I did put them as a potential progression in place of Slovakia, however, Slovakia is a better team. Anything can happen at the world cup though. Italy could easily get knocked out of the group stage if Lippi tries to field Camoranesi, Gattuso, and Pirlo at the same time (team old farts).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Unfortunately you are right, this is going to be an ego trip of epic proportions, however is nice to have them old fatrs together for a reunion once more. Maybe this very negative thing might turn into something rather special, I mean who knows, you always wondered what would Maradona run things like or any of the previously mentioned managers. I hate the drama behind all of this but here's to hoping we get something hard to forget.

I for one haven't felt that great about the last 2 or 3 cups. There's just not much to remember and there's always been some sort of ego trip going on. As much as I love Klinsmann that was all the rage the last cup or the one before (it's sad when the cups start belnding in). I could tell you right now the best games out of Spain '82, Mexico '86 (My favorite cup) Italy '90 (Should be my favorite but it's full of turmoil and tears for me) USA 94 was rather uneventful and France '98 was pretty good but the final was just so elusive. Japan/Korea '02 and after are just meh, but I'm glad Cafu got to lift the Golden cup for Brazil.

Anyone get the feeling that the Inter players are going to rock this world cup. Come on England (i can be happy now before the inevitable penalty shootout loss and follow up witch hunt)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Anyone get the feeling that the Inter players are going to rock this world cup. Come on England (i can be happy now before the inevitable penalty shootout loss and follow up witch hunt)

Which Inter players? Seems like only Samuel, Maicon, and Eto'o are going. Rest were either not called up or injured.

Which Inter players? Seems like only Samuel, Maicon, and Eto'o are going. Rest were either not called up or injured.

Well i have been working on uni work so maybee out of the loop but surely Sneijder (hope i have spelt this right) is playing and what about milito, did he not make it?. I thought Sneijder was one of the-if not the- best midfielders this year. Also Cesar had a good season and regulary gets good press feedback on these shores, but i read he was doubtfull.

noCLip

Camel Slug
go France, im going to wear my Zizou jersey every day. I wish Fabreagas didnt fuck up his leg, i dont like spain that much but im an Aresnal fan, so that blows. im sure he will play some tho. Too bad Drogba broke his arm, interesting how that will play out for Ivory Coast with Portugal and Brazil in their group

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well i have been working on uni work so maybee out of the loop but surely Sneijder (hope i have spelt this right) is playing and what about milito, did he not make it?. I thought Sneijder was one of the-if not the- best midfielders this year. Also Cesar had a good season and regulary gets good press feedback on these shores, but i read he was doubtfull.

I completely forgot about Sneijder. Damn.

Sneijder was definitely one of the bestin Serie A, but not the best. This season in the Serie A it was Pizarro from Chile, at least by most accounts. I seriously didn't see it much. But if it makes you like him more, he used to be on Inter.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Deutschland und Frankreich über alles.

I completely forgot about Sneijder. Damn.

Sneijder was definitely one of the bestin Serie A, but not the best. This season in the Serie A it was Pizarro from Chile, at least by most accounts. I seriously didn't see it much. But if it makes you like him more, he used to be on Inter.

Oh don't get me wrong i'm not an Inter fan, i just have a feeling what with the success they have had this season, there are lots of players going into the tournament on a high. One day left now ;)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
ROK may shock the World this year. The drubbing they gave Japan a couple new weeks ago was shocking.