World Cup 2010 ZAF

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Forlan was the best player of the competition

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1272865/index.html#forlan+scoops+golden+ball+prize

I agree...

polvo-Paul-Holanda.jpg

polvo-Espanha.jpg

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The match wasn't exactly good but very dramatic.

Typical world cup final I'd say.

And yes, the ref made a couple of mistakes, they were quite stupid but not match-winning.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It's been said that the next world cup will use cammeras to make a sound decision as far as the ref and line men are concerned. This could alter the pace of teh game so I'm not sure how that's gonna work but I hope is for the better.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Besides the fact that Spain was the better team,congrats Spain,they should hang the ref.
He was overreacting and some cards should have gone to the other side also.
Not that the outcome would have been different.They were really bad,indeed yesterdays match was much more interesting

No. The ref should have red carded out a few Dutch players in the first half. He was actually giving the Dutch huge breaks because he didn't want to see them go apeshit a man down early.

But what happened was the Spanish played possession football, and when a team does that well, the opponent is going to foul. Netherlands ended up fouling like mad. Van Bommel should have been given his walking papers for getting in the refs face after his yellow card. He is not the captain of the Oranje. He has no place in the ref's ear. De Jong clearly deserved a red card for his reckless, late, and sloppy cleating in the chest of Xabi Alonso. But the guy to get carded off was Heitinga, who was solid.

I didn't expect Webb to make the game good. His early cardings on both sides slowed down the tempo of the game and created an atmosphere of fear on the pitch. Not fear of the opposition either.

Howard Webb was a mistake.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
No. The ref should have red carded out a few Dutch players in the first half. He was actually giving the Dutch huge breaks because he didn't want to see them go apeshit a man down early.

But what happened was the Spanish played possession football, and when a team does that well, the opponent is going to foul. Netherlands ended up fouling like mad. Van Bommel should have been given his walking papers for getting in the refs face after his yellow card. He is not the captain of the Oranje. He has no place in the ref's ear. De Jong clearly deserved a red card for his reckless, late, and sloppy cleating in the chest of Xabi Alonso. But the guy to get carded off was Heitinga, who was solid.

I didn't expect Webb to make the game good. His early cardings on both sides slowed down the tempo of the game and created an atmosphere of fear on the pitch. Not fear of the opposition either.

Howard Webb was a mistake.

You are absoluteley right I saw some re-runs and some things that I thought deserved a card,didn't.
But yeah van Bommel got lucky.
I am ashamed about the dirty play of the Dutch last night.Even though the ref was a mistake,Spain would've won this one anyway.At least I had fun watching and reading in this topic made me a bit more knowledgeable on football.
Too bad it's over allready.

Last edited:

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I haven't seen so many fouls in a while... those dutch players sure played rough. Bordering street fighting sometimes. Fortunately, spain won. And I'm still drunk since yesterday

BTW, casillas is awesome kissing her gf live. Her face is priceless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvsAUWM1qiA

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Dirty play? That was good old fighting football.

If our team would have been a little less girlish and more Dutch, the semi final could have ended differently.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wish I was back in Spain.

I would have gotten 10 hot women pregnant last night.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The more I think about this, the more that I see this as a huge loss for Holland. This was their shot. I don't see them being this good in 2012 or 2014. From here on out, it looks like Germany are going to dominate. They have a young squad of disciplined and talented players. And Germany's striker can actually score goals. Holland's goals all came from a midfielder and a winger. I can't remember RVP or the Hunter getting jack shit.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Best team won, period.

I said since the beginning that Spain had the best team overall.
They simply don't have any weak points.

It's a given that Aragones left Raul out of the team back in 2008.
Since he's gone, Spain only knows the taste of victory.

Congrats Neighbors!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I see normal service has resumed in the footie room now the world cups over lol.
If you come up with some interesting threads about football I might just bite, but the usual european circuits interest me very little.

I would love to see a Copa Liberatdores de America thread, hell even a Copa America thread, or even the history of different world cups, best players and so on, but you're not gonna capture much interest talking about british leagues and so on from me.

Probably one of the reasons I don't watch much football these days is Mexican football is boring, and that's basically most of the programming around here, I should get the GOL channel and get some of the South American circuits which is what I actually do enjoy more than anything, but that's just a personal thing.

On another note, new tricks and footage of really good plays would be great, hell anyone that likes football can enjoy a decent play no matter what team or where from.

Just my two cents.