mvs 150 in 1 cart ????

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
I've been using an AES console with the Super Converter II and real MVS carts for ages, no problem whatsoever. This is my first Multicart though and it just doesn't appear to work on the Super Converter II, yet others are saying it does. Is there anything that could be making the graphics not display properly?

Did you get a replacement 150 - 1 ? It could be your particular cart has an issue.

memories

n00b
When I put the cartridge in, the menu loads up fine and I'm able to start any game. The problem is, when the games actually start up, the graphics are very glitchy and blocky to the extent that you can't even tell what's happening on the screen. The sounds play fine, but all graphics are just large blocky messes that render all the games unplayable.

But you're saying you bought the same 150-in-1 Multicart and are using it on an AES console with the Super Converter II and it's working for you? Very odd. I've never had trouble with any other MVS carts on this converter.

Any ideas what could be causing this graphical problem with this multicart?

Yeah, the 150-in-1 in an AES with the SCII.

I have only spent about 30 minutes with mine and tried about 6-7 games and they all worked fine as far as i could tell.

Tried Metal Slug, Pulstar, Last Hope, Viewpoint and a couple of others, no problems with any of them

memories

n00b
Neopickle, have you tried all of the game on the cart or just a couple?

I spent a bit of time last night going through quite a few of the games and I think I now know what you may be meaning when you said "garbled"

There were certainly a few titles that when I fired them up the graphics were all over the place and blocky etc.

This is a know issue though isnt it? I was certainly aware that it was possible that a few of the titles might not run 100%.

It certainly didn'y happen to every game i trired though, i reckon i tried about 20 games last night and only perhaps 3 were messed up.

Give your cart another go and check some more games, you were maybe just unlucky with the ones that you tried.

NeoPickle

n00b
Neopickle, have you tried all of the game on the cart or just a couple?

...i reckon i tried about 20 games last night and only perhaps 3 were messed up.
I went through even more of them last night and almost all of the games were messed up. Breakers was one of the only ones that seemed to work with no problems at all. Off the top of my head, some of the games that were completely visually garbled were Andro Dunos, Metal Slug, Viewpoint, Pulstar, Soccer Brawl, and Blazing Star.

So do you guys really think it's a bad multicart since I haven't had problems with any other MVS carts on my Super Converter II, or could it be something else causing the issue?

Avenger

n00b
I have a general question about these multi-game cartridges. Having one of these seems similiar to me as running MAME (or a dedicated Neo Geo emulator) with a ton of ROMS on a PC. If I get one of these cartrdiges plus a dedicated MVS system modified to connect to my HDTV (via S-video I guess) how much better are the quality of the games both graphics wise and gameplay wise? Thanks...

memories

n00b
I went through even more of them last night and almost all of the games were messed up. Breakers was one of the only ones that seemed to work with no problems at all. Off the top of my head, some of the games that were completely visually garbled were Andro Dunos, Metal Slug, Viewpoint, Pulstar, Soccer Brawl, and Blazing Star.

So do you guys really think it's a bad multicart since I haven't had problems with any other MVS carts on my Super Converter II, or could it be something else causing the issue?

Out of your list I have tries Metal Slug, Viewpoint & Pulstar and I didn't see any issues with them.

Could well have been a dodgy cart.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Regarding the garbled graphics, perhaps the SCII needs the PSU that was needed when using it with some AES versions.

Checking the multi-cart and the SCII in another AES might help.

Nuclear Neo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
My 150 in 1 was having a spit lately... would run a game for like 5 minutes and then keep re booting, took all the games out and just left the 150 in 1, it works/loads faster and hasnt had a problem whatsoever! Its great :D

About this burning your motherboard business.... if your only playing the 150 in 1 for less then half an hour in any instance... will it still overtime screw up one of the slots? - It sometimes smells a bit like plastic when i turn it on and have it in there for a while but it hasnt done anything as of yet

My 150 in 1 was having a spit lately... would run a game for like 5 minutes and then keep re booting, took all the games out and just left the 150 in 1, it works/loads faster and hasnt had a problem whatsoever! Its great :D

About this burning your motherboard business.... if your only playing the 150 in 1 for less then half an hour in any instance... will it still overtime screw up one of the slots? - It sometimes smells a bit like plastic when i turn it on and have it in there for a while but it hasnt done anything as of yet

I'm curious to know if there's been any verifiable damage caused by a multi game cart on any of the boards. Beefy just got a 111 game for his 2 slot and that gets played for a few hours at times. I'd like to warn him if the possible damage has merit.

g2raxl

n00b

mine was doing that. it seemed like a certain cart was making it happen. in my case it was Double Dragon so i took it out. I now have a 4 slot mvs running a 150 in 1 and Fatal Fury Special. Both run perfect.

Got another 150 in 1 in another machine 1 slot with no probs at all as well.

It my just have a conflict with certain 4 or 6 slots.

I would defo recommend these though.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
If you have the SCII + 150-in-1 cart inserted and boot in console mode, do they games default to arcade mode or do they actually run in console mode + selected region? (ex. select jap + console at bios, games run as: arcade? arcade+jap? console? console+jap?)

Last edited:

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Emm yeah :conf:, lol
They should run in the consoles bios setting, jap for jap machines etc. unless you have a uni bios then it should run in whatever bios you have selected, i think :)

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
How about a 150-1 cart with 150 different and genuine neo geo games on it!?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The mode the the game boots depends on the BIOS, the converter has nothing to do with it. If you want arcade mode on the home system, you're going to need a UNIBIOS installed.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
The mode the the game boots depends on the BIOS, the converter has nothing to do with it. If you want arcade mode on the home system, you're going to need a UNIBIOS installed.

Well i have unibios but i was just making sure that each game could be selected in whatever mode.

Avenger

n00b
The only drawback for unibios is that I've seen in the requirements on some sale sites for the 150 in 1 cartridge is to have the original bios installed. When I sent a question in about it, the store stated that some people complained in the past that using unibios with a multicart resulted in some games not working. They didn't have specific examples with the newer 150 in 1 cartridge though.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
hmmm...now that i think of it, i had read that on some site offering the 111-in-1 too.

can anyone elaborate this further?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Some titles, like CTHD or Jockey Grandprix, require the backup RAM in the mvs motherboard and won't work with any converter on the home system, no matter which BIOS you've installed.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
So for the most part, titles play properly based on the unibios settings?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
As a bonus, titles that are normally locked out from home use (such as SVC) with legit mvs carts are actually playable in the home system with the multicart/converter setup.

Though whether people encounter problems with the converter seem to depend on the model of their AES.

Last edited: