My lifelong quest to learn to draw a bit like Ayami Kojima comes a step closer...

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
vampyyyra2.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
It's a good drawing, but the style doesn't suggest Ayami Kojima to me. I'd say try to go more delicate/intricate with the details. I imagine you've probably already tried this, but often the best way to learn how to emulate a particular artist's style is to first try to reproduce some of their works to try to get a feel for how they might do things, both composition and technique-wise.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I forgot who Ayami Kojima was for a second, but then I looked it up and the memories came flooding back to me very pleasantly. I'm with you; I'd draw like her too if I could. She really has the most graceful, detailed, feminine-looking style. I bet M's suggestion would help. I like your drawing, by the way.

(I really wish I could draw like Yoshitaka Amano more than anything.)

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Awww, I suck.

Anyways! My other recent work:

TheDemonLOW.jpg

BoogeymanLow.jpg

Halloween.jpg

NEW-HIRE-DAY-scan-SMALL.jpg

Eradicator.gif

HangingaroundLow.jpg

Power-Armor-Orthographic2.jpg

Power-Armor-Orthographic2.jpg

Simons2.jpg

MortalisEstLow.jpg

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Your work is tremendous:buttrock:

Wow!

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
You have your own style, and a good one, you don't need "Ayami Kojima" in your repertoire.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Seeing examples of your other work, I would have to agree with alphagamer, why even bother trying to emulate Kojima? The illustrations done in your own style are superior to the first image in my opinion as well.

holyver

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Seeing examples of your other work, I would have to agree with alphagamer, why even bother trying to emulate Kojima? The illustrations done in your own style are superior to the first image in my opinion as well.

same here

I especially like the facial expression of the guy wearing the tie

nice

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Looks great! That demon needs a cock, it will be so much more with a cock and is not 'cause I love the cock or anything like that, but it will make the drawing so much more imposing and meaningful. The stand alone was meant to have a cock between those legs.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I still am going to do a drawing that is awesomely gothic and Kojima-esque, but for now, all's I have are mobile phone pics of my two latest pages (which are not Kojima-like at all, obviously):

PawnsP5.jpg

MorticianMobile.jpg

None of you can stop me!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
looks very intricate and detailed. I like it. Glad you haven't spent all your time away on booze and women, wasting the rest.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
very nice work, very impressive all around

p.s. you should draw one of tookie getting fried, lolz

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Thats some amazing drawing skills you got there, i'd love to be able to draw but stickmen are the limit of my ability :(

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Awesome work, I really like your style. I especially like the first drawing in post #5, amazing detail.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
This one creeps me the fuck out, and at the same time, I wish I could create something that awesome.

It ain't even done, that's the migraine-inducing bitch of it. Ugh, I cringe at the thought of going over it in a well-lit room with a magnifying glass and a really sharp black prismacolor. Then I need to pick out the highlights with white paint. The one with the famine grim reaper carrying the latin-motto'd banner has the level of polish this one is going to have when done. But this one has 10X the little details, the glass vats are stressing me now, haha.

But, when finally, finally done it's going to be worth it.

aria

Former Moderator
It ain't even done, that's the migraine-inducing bitch of it. Ugh, I cringe at the thought of going over it in a well-lit room with a magnifying glass and a really sharp black prismacolor. Then I need to pick out the highlights with white paint. The one with the famine grim reaper carrying the latin-motto'd banner has the level of polish this one is going to have when done. But this one has 10X the little details, the glass vats are stressing me now, haha.

But, when finally, finally done it's going to be worth it.

very nice work, but...

We know you're not actually neobuyer.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
why has Bobak! changed his name to TRIEU.?

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
I only perpetrate thread scams which are subtly awesome and laced with offesive absurdity.

It takes work you know.