Vector repro artwork

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
So I figure it's time I give back a little to the community. I've done a couple vector reproductions of arcade artwork my cabs have been missing so I figured I'd share them here.

Here's the first of them: the stock Game Instruction panel from a Super Neo 29 Type I candy (2 3/8" x 16 1/8"). I had to base this on a couple relatively poor photos. If you have a real one please compare for color match on the background, as I used a sample of the cp background color from a better photo.

super_neo_29_game_instruction.png

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Here's one I did of the QSound logo:

qsound_sm.png

And here's one of the QSound Virtual Audio logo:

qsound.png

If anyone needs these in a particular size I can export them however you need.

Last edited:

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Here's one I did of the Capcom logo:

capcom.png

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This is fantastic, I'm about to add a Qsound amp to my capcom cps1 cab and this is exactly what I was looking for. I was searching on the net for some pics and I was about to do it myself but now I don't have to 'cause of your efforts. I will take some measurements and let you know.

Thanks so much.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Thanks! I haven't done any neo artwork yet save for the super neo 29 stock instructions. I just learned how to do vector art over the last year for work, so I've only had the spare time to work on a few of these for cab art I was missing (and a few for my wife's business). I did an old school Dungeons & Dragons logo for my 4 player CPS-2 cab, but it's not quite finished yet. I'd really like to do some neo artwork, especially some shock inserts, but I'm using Inkscape so it's expecting svgs. I can't use the psd insert templates and importing pdfs don't work well at all.

Last edited:

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Brilliant Vector Art! If you did the standard Neo-Geo, SNK, and MVS logos in Vector you would be my personal hero!

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I did an old school Dungeons & Dragons logo for my 4 player CPS-2 cab, but it's not quite finished yet.

Interested in this guy for sure when you finish.

Nice work.

You can convert PSD with imagemagick (using convert).

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
One down...

neo-geo.png

Edit: I should just make a vector art page on my site and link the source for these. I work on these as svgs but I'm assuming they're probably most useful to people as pdfs. I'll work on that tomorrow.

Last edited:

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Edit: I should just make a vector art page on my site and link the source for these. I work on these as svgs but I'm assuming they're probably most useful to people as pdfs. I'll work on that tomorrow.

SVGs would be cool too though.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
can someone make the 20th anniversary neogeo logo with the shading on its edge like the museum website

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
now make a bigred in the same style at the website. heheheh

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
When you get the side art done and posted, I'll be more than happy to make a contribution to your "beer" fund for making these public. Great job for you, great resource for us in the community!

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I gotta finish up another vector for James tomorrow, then I'm on it. I'll put up a page for these on my domain sometime this weekend.

TheGreenMachine

Geese's Thug
Damn, these are great!

Wish I had something like this for the Sega Astro City stock instruction card insert.

- TGM