P Diddy to buy Crystal Palace?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
http://goal.com/en-gb/news/2559/rum...mogul-diddy-interested-in-crystal-palace-deal

American entrepreneur Sean Combs, aka Diddy, a mainstay of hip-hop since the early '90s, is alleged to be pondering the merits of entering football club ownership as he is particularly taken with Crystal Palace's name, a source at The Sun claimed today.

Known for throwing the most lavish parties whether he is on board a multi-million pound yacht or hosting a Hollywood birthday bash, Diddy would bring an unprecedented wave of publicity to the financially-troubled Eagles should he complete his speculated purchase of the south London outfit.

The Sun alleges that Diddy's UK spokesman has confirmed the rap mogul's interest in Palace. It quoted an 'inside source' as saying: "Diddy was in London meeting football fixers a couple of weeks ago.

"The finance is in place, he's just deciding who he thinks he'll make a bid for.

"Portsmouth were mentioned but he thought Palace were a better idea.

"He could cover their debt and bankroll a return to the Premier League. He liked the name as well."

Diddy is no stranger to English football. Prior to England's foray in the 2006 World Cup, then-captain David Beckham hosted a charity auction that the multi-Grammy award winning artist attended. Tireless England forward Wayne Rooney and then-partner - now wife - Colleen McLoughlin won a weekend with Diddy.

The excitable rapper was reportedly thrilled with the end result and said that Rooney was interested in sampling a famous £1,000 burger.

"I’ll close down Macy’s and Barney’s so his lovely lady can go shopping and Wayne can help me pick some girls for some of the videos I’m working on.

"Wayne and I will have a blast and it’ll be a non-stop party with lots of sexy looking ladies around. It’s okay to look! But he’s more excited about trying the £1,000 burger at Glitterati."

I know goal.com isn't the best spot for news, but they don't do bullshit articles just to get a rise out of people.

I think this is a great things for Palace fans, if it happens.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
hehehe that would be cool, can you imagine him coming to the home games all blinged up with his 50 bouncers :loco:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
hehehe that would be cool, can you imagine him coming to the home games all blinged up with his 50 bouncers :loco:

Knowing fans, 50 body guards may not be enough. Think of the Glazers or the group that owns Liverpool now. It's not pretty when a yank buys into a club.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
I dont know i think the palace fans might be abit more responsive to him, hes got da street cred and aint some mega rich family. If he puts his cash in i'm sure that fans would be won over..... till the bad times :rolleyes:

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i dont think id be to keen,alot of people like to buy clubs as a fasion accesory or to play fantasy football and i think he could be one of them.

i could be wrong though.