Those carts that just dont want to play...

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I read something about this before, maybe someone can expand on it.

I have like 2 games that dont like playing when first put in the neo cart system. You get the whole funky colors, letters, etc. Then, if you push them in all the way, or wiggle them a bit, they play.

Most of the other carts, just play when you stick them in. Could this be a cart defect, or the system itself?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Yup . . . eraser . . . contacts . . . clean . . . mmmmmmmmmmmmm, eraser . . .
smile.gif

Dark Fact

n00b
I always wondered about those exact cart symptoms. I have a few that do that, but
will any old pencil eraser really do the job to clean em up? Or do you need some special type of eraser or cleaner for the job? I'm just wondering what kind of eraser we're talking about here. Using a regular pencil eraser doesn't strike me as being quite right...:/

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
just a plain old Number 2 pencil with the red erasor works fine. As long as your contacts are just dirty, it works great. Many cleaners will do more harm than good. Best just to steer clear of em imo.
-nick_th_fury

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Eraser!?!?!
good god man.
get a Q-tip and some water. try to not use any solvents because they contain abrasives. Unless you have something caked on there, be as gentle as you can.

Gunbu

using water is as bad as blowing into the cart!! Use 50% isopropyl alcohol, or get contact cleaner for games. Dampen the q-tip with it and go to town. It works great on any cart.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Yes, dont use water. & dont blow in it. Thats two of the worst things you can do for contacts.
-nick_th_fury