Uncharted 2 is patched yet again

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/title_update_106_and_multiplayer_updates/

* Adjusted hitbox attributes so that players will take less damage to the character’s legs
* Decreased kill radius of grenades by 1 meter
* Decreased accuracy of Down the Irons by 15%
* Reduced rate of fire of the FAL by 10%
* Reduced rate of fire for the Dragon Sniper by 10%
* Collision and geometry changes to “The Fort” to prevent intentional glitching by players

gonna test this out and see if its win.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
hmm, nevermind, this shits actually worse

I shot a guy who rolled at me at range with a shotgun and he didn't die, then I did. Also, various stupid happenings that make no sense. I like the repair of the other stuff, but why make grenades so weak? I mean, if anything this encourages camping even more, since you can roll out now and be safe, then return right to the sniper rifle. Grenades are now to weak to be useful, so that strategy is gone.

Yeah, no brains in this, its strictly just quick kill everywhere.

GarrMan posted March 5, 2010 12:44 pm

I agree with you for the most part. You probably make the most sense than any other person leaving a comment. ND tried revamping the whole entire health system to please a small number of people complaining about how they couldn’t kill anyone cause they probably had lousy aim but by doing that they made a whole lot of people angry (myself included). Every team deathmatch I played in, I was always looking to get as many kills as i could get without dying. I would kill one guy and as I would get shot in the back I would roll away to safety and regenerate.Now, If someone just looks at me and fires a few bullets, I die. ND is rewarding the weak players by reducing health and by adding the “unlucky” medal. Why in the heck should people get rewarded for dying? These tweaks that ND is releasing is like putting a band-aid on a surgical wound. IT’S NOT GONNA WORK!! Naugty dog, please listen. I have a list of things for you guys to change that will make everyone happy.

dazmeister1 posted March 4, 2010 2:07 pm

Abso-*-lutely. “Nerfed the grenades."WTF? The grenades are crap now, you cant kill people unless it lands right under their ballsack. You got more chance of a nuke falling on your house than you have of ever getting a sexy triple kill with a grenade. They are supposed to be more powerful because you only have 2 to 3. Update 1.05 was fine.

The overall feel I got was that this update is just 1.05 with pointless changes and some good fixes that were already fine in 1.04..... Seems the whole site is bombarded with the same complaining and bitching as the previous update.

The best way I could ever sum it up is that they've turned this game into a testing zone, so you can't get attached to any classic element of the gameplay, because in any given update it can go away, this makes for not adapting strategy, but more so just getting frustrated with a destruction of attachments that you know make logical sense in the games pace.

Its to bad they won't playlist this game, because I'd play it on 1.04 only for probably a good chunk of the rest 2010 in my leisure time.

EDIT:

Reply from the a dev:

arne posted March 3, 2010 6:31 pm

Focusing on the poll results isn’t really the way to go. We were already considering making some type of gameplay change prior to Experimental Weekend and the poll. The poll helped us get a general sentiment of things and help us decide what paths were worthwhile.

I’ve said more times than I can count that we did seriously consider a separate playlist, but ultimately that was not workable for us due to a variety of factors.

(And, while we didn’t take the poll results as an absolute vote, if you wanted to do so, only 1 response had the highest number of responses in the poll.)

We’re not a community-designed game, but we take account the feedback and opinions of our players. We have to work between the specific intent and vision of our game developer and the DNA of our game, and what feels satisfying to the players at large. That is where we’ve ended up right now.

Haha, and there you have it. ''what feels satisfying to the players at large"

Meaning, the depth is intentionally vacuumed out for the masses.

Oddly I noticed also when I got online I heard mic's blaring and the players were nothing but kid sounding voices.

I figured it out though. These changes hit when the DLC did, and they dumbed the game down to attract the people who couldnt hang long enough to get decent kills through practice. So now that it is easier to get kills, people will have a renewed sense of confidence, and it will move more DLC. The entire changes have nothing to do with the fan base, they are just meant to get the idiots in the mix who incrementally never adapted to a perfect multi experience, the game was good because it had a legitimate learning curve, and by removing the learning curve, they basically made the game easy enough to attract anyone, thus a bigger audience over the prime skill audience who made this game of the year.

Which means they screwed the people who bought this game through hear say of other good players. These types are usually predictable depth driven pothead gamers who excel at this shit with practice. They basically rode the players backs who made this game hot fire for $$$. Its a total lack of respect and amazingly disgusting business ethic.

Seriously though, I'm not really angry anymore. Just informal, and unless they playlist this game, I'll prolly never buy a game from this company. I just can't stand being teased as a gamer like this, especially with something I normally don't like but loved. I was actually showing signs of getting better as a player right when the first rotten update appeared.
haha oh well tho, back into retirement till 1.07

See ya next week =p

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
skypower1 posted March 7, 2010 11:10 am

We the fans did not purchase UC2 just a few months ago for all of these random and unnecessary changes. Give us back what we originally paid for, MP version 1.04. Why do you guys keep screwing those that supported you when the your game first came out...voted for you for GOTY and other awards? If this continues, please return all awards back becuause this game and you guys do not deserve those awards. I am starting to regret the money I spend on this game and the DLCs. The only ones liking the latest versions are noobs and people that were not there to support you guys earlier on like most of us did. If you guys really did “listen” to your fan base as you “claim”, then NOW IS THE TIME TO PROVE IT AND GIVE THE MAJORITY OF THE FANS WHAT THEY WANT AND RETURN THE GAME TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS, THE ONE THAT MOST OF US PAID FOR, THE ONE THAT WON YOU ALL OF THOSE AWARDS, THE ONE THAT WAS “BEFORE” YOU GUYS F**KED UP WITH THE TWO RECENT UPDATES!

You guys have been in the game developing business long enough to know that in order to continue to be successful you have to have a large fanbase. Well you guys have just shot yourselves in the foot with these lame updates as of recent. KEEP THIS UP AND YOU CAN BET UC3 WILL BE A EPIC FAILURE!

Learn from other sucessful franchises such as COD and Halo, they DO NOT CHANGE THE CORE GAMEPLAY SUDDENLY AND ABANDON THOSE THAT SUPPORTED THEM EARLY ON...that is why these two franchises are so successful. They establish their core game early on...and kept that same formula and thus keep on builting their fanbase. They do not go and “totally change” the core gameplay all of a sudden like what you guys did with UC2.

So if you guys want to continue being successful in this business, listen to the ones that are paying for your salaries and buying your products.

Learn from others and change UC2 back to the way it was, back to what the majority of us paid for and back to it’s award winning state.

I want to be able to brag and showoff this game to all of my xbox friends again like before.

DOS_DukeNukem posted March 7, 2010 4:02 pm

IMPORTANT!!!! PLEASE READ NAUGHTY DOG!!

NAUGHTY DOG, YOU HAVE NOW LOST ME. TOMRW I WILL TRADE IN THIS GAME BECAUSE NOW YOU HAVE RUINED A PERFECT GAME. BEFORE YOU DECIDED TO CHANGE THINGS, I WAS A ONLINE MONSTER. I HAVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME SINCE THE FIRST BETA. MY K/D JUST KEPT RISING. ME AND MY TEAM WERE UNSTOPPABLE. BUT NOW, WITH YOUR EFFED UP RESPAWNS AND YOU LAME GLITCHES ON ALMOST EVERY LEVEL AND THE CHANGE OF THE HEALTH SYSTEM AND GUN DAMAGE AND BOOSTERS THE GAME JUST ISN’T FUN ANY LONGER. A LOT OF MY FRIENDS HAVE STOPPED PLAYING THIS GAME DUE TO ALL OF THIS AND NOW IM LEAVING TOO. YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER CHANGED A THING ND. YOU HAD A PERFECT GAME BEFORE ALL OF THIS. YOU HAD A DIFFERENT GAME BEFORE ALL OF THIS AND NOW ITS JUST BS. ALL THE CAMPERS AND GLITCHERS CAN HAVE THIS BROKEN GAME.

Ron_Thunder posted March 7, 2010 5:23 pm

The spawning on this game is absolute shit! I would ask you to work on it but with the updates you guys are crapping out you would probably make it worse.

BrutalMutilation posted March 7, 2010 5:41 pm

Go back to 1.04 settings.
Add a Crushing Deathmatch playlist.
Done.
CASE CLOSED.

bryankeith posted March 7, 2010 6:26 pm

i just want to comment on a few things about UC2, all the updates except 1.4 are not good. 1.4 was the best update. everybody has happy and satisfied. 1.5 and 1.6 are bad. i know 1.6 is just a test but its worthless just change everything back to 1.4 thats when Uc2 was great. i feel lke now UC2 is trying to be like a 3rd person COD and its not UC2 was unique and a super great game; game of the year which i totally agreed with but now with updates 1.5 and 1.6, UC2 is ruined and i want the original UC2 back not some imatation of COD. so ND if you want all your hardcore fans back, change it back to 1.4. that was the best. all the thing that would need to be worked on is the spawing cuz that is so horrible. also the glithes, almost every map has a glitch and i know yal cant do everything at once but to me it would be easier for everybody including players and ND workers and only thing that would need to be worked on is spawing and glitches. yal could also do weapon add ons, even taunts would be great and even new playlist like a free for all match, 5 teams of 2 or matches that are like 3vs3 or 2vs2 whcih i have been in 3vs3 which is nice and different. but other than that yal should bring back 1.4 that was the update that most people were happy with including me. but i love how yal are doing dlc every month or 2 especially with the new dlc in april. new maps, new co op and new characters are always great but weapons and taunts and new playlists would be even greater. but good job ND keep up the good work! STRIKE TO BRING BACK 1.4, 1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,1.4,BRING BACK 1.4!!!!!!!!!!!!

elsencillo posted March 7, 2010 8:20 pm

Seriously I really Regret voting for “Give it it’s own Playlist” on that poll. I think I was being too generous because I really hated the experimental weekend(& I bet a lot of people hated it too but voted for give it’s own playlist so other people that liked it could play that).. I should of just voted for I didn’t like it… They screw up the game so much that I really feel like trading it in.. But I still have faith in ND to bring back the 1.04 settings back…

Also I remember before these two updates, the blogs were so peaceful. Barely anyone commented on them because everyone was too busy having fun with UC2.. but after these two updates, there has been nothing but negative comments towards the updates.. Obviously a lot of people don;t like it and want 1.04, But ND is incapable of seeing that for some reason which makes me scratch my head ..

Nit2Winit4ever posted March 7, 2010 9:25 pm

Naughty Dog, seriously, this is BS. You keep addressing the wrong issues. First, change the health back to what is it was for 1.04. Then, address the REAL ISSUES:
1)Spawning points;
There are too many times where I am shot in the back or immediately transported in the middle of a gunfight due to bad spawning.
2)Melee lag or lag in general;
Gravitating torwards a guy 7-10 feet away and being pulled down, stealth killed or punched.
Those are the original problems, now you guys need to fix the problems that YOU MADE WITH THESE UPDATES!
Bring the weapon damage back to 1.04.
Bring the FAL back.
Bring the Sniper back (as in back to two body shots, one headshot, and the fire rate). Greanades, bring the radius back.
Basically, the only things you SHOULD KEEP ARE THE MEDALS AND DOWN THE IRONS @ -15%, THAT IS ALL!
Just be consistent with the grenades, maybe have an opition or a booster that gives them timers.

Johnnyboy551 posted March 8, 2010 12:03 am

NAUGHTY DOG WTF!!!!!!!!! FIX THIS AWFUL GAME YOU GUYS TWEAKED AND RUINED. THIS USE TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER NOW THIS IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP EVER!!!. I FEEL LIKE SNAPPING MY DISC IN HALF. I HAVENT BEEN PLAYING UC2 BECUASE OF THE UPDATE. EVERYONE I KNOW DAT PLAYS THIS GAME HAS TURNED TO MW2 AND BAD COMPANY 2. I WILL NOT BE GETTING UC3 CUZ NAUGHTY DOG SHOULDNT BE A GAME DEVELOPER THEY SUCK AND RUIN GAMES. IF U WANT TO SAVE UC2 U NEED TO FIX THE FAL. THE GERNADES. THE SPAWNING. EVRYTHING NEEDS TO GO BACK TO 1.04 I HATE U FOR MAKING ME WASTE MY MONEY U RETARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I hear the online is more popular now than it ever was.

Whatever, if you want something more hardcore go play Killzone 2 online or something. I for one never had any expectations that the U2 competitive would cater to that audience.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I hear the online is more popular now than it ever was.

Whatever, if you want something more hardcore go play Killzone 2 online or something. I for one never had any expectations that the U2 competitive would cater to that audience.

Its more popular? I dunno, where did you hear this? If any popularity has been boosted its strictly because it caters to ease. I do feel its driven for the sale of DLC though, because these changes came like 5 months into release almost out of the blue, which by then a player base was established and everyone worked hard to climb a ladder that no longer has steps now.

Also, I'm not a big FPS guy, so I'll get Killzone 2 in a few months most likely, there was like one FPS series I put real time into. I recently got a PS3 controller, so I don't have to ps2 convert anymore. Its not a issue of 'hardcore' gamers either, the game just isn't fun like it was.

Also all, I'm not like spinning over this release, if anything i'm not surprised. My friend adapted to 1.05 and stayed on, and when he see's how useless grenades and the fal are, hes gonna go nuts, haha.

Last edited: