AES Eightman US sticker: homebrew?

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
I've seen this "Eightman" AES game cart, US version.

8man.jpg

The owner claims it is original, but I've never seen a sticker like that.

Is this sticker a homebrew one?

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
That certainly isn't the same as this pictures hosted on this site. Does he have the manual, box, etc for it? If not than it could be a conversion or boot.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Yes, the rest of the elements (insert and manual) seem the same than the pictures from this site for the US version of Eightman.

The only difference is the sticker.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Maybe one of the vets here knows a little more about this "variation". Based on what I've seen I would just stay away from it. A sticker that is not original means he could have opened it up and tampered with the boards. When you are dealing with AES carts I say you shouldn't buy it if you think there is a possibility it has been tampered with.

Like I said though, wait to see what a vet says. Maybe there's something I don't know about this cart.

it´s a cut of the original sticker, just the spine game logo, ruined.

the seller is trying to scam you, look at the angle of the shot, the camera´s poor black variation hides all details from the cart.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That certainly isn't the same as this pictures hosted on this site. Does he have the manual, box, etc for it? If not than it could be a conversion or boot.

But then you have to ask yourself, who would do a conversion or boot of Eightman? :spock:

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Thanks for the info.

I guess it's only the original sticker was ruined, and the owner simply changed it by a homebrew one.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I'm sure the cart is fine, however why would you even consider buying something thats in such shit condition ??

The point of buying AES stuff is to own nice looking things.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
No, no, I've never intended to buy this; but I was curious about the sticker, as the owner claimed it was a new and original item.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Fake label or not, someone wanted it bad enough to shell out 130 euros for it on ebay. Probably the same person who paid 105 euros for mutation nation from the same seller.

Last edited:

fmdof

Morden's Lackey
I've seen this "Eightman" AES game cart, US version.

8man.jpg

The owner claims it is original, but I've never seen a sticker like that.

Is this sticker a homebrew one?

well, according to the price guide, Eightman is dog-tag only for english versions. And looking at the other pictures on the auction, this isn't a dog tag version. looks more like a euro with the black border. Which shouldn't exist, according to the price guide. then again, I'm not a neo expert my any means.

fmdof

Morden's Lackey
like i said. I'm not an expert. Just used to seein the tag on the manual as well as the spine of the insert. still doesn't explain the label on the cart though.