Official A/V Thread

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Ignoring the deadbeat NGF cumslut seems like a good idea. :keke:

Anyway, this thing is called Dual DTJ 301.01

jGaJFYH.jpg

Paid 130€ for it and I'm pretty statisfied. Comes with alot of usual stuff like anti-skating, pitch control, adapter puck for singles, USB cable etc. The chassis is plastic of course, the table is metal.
I replaced the stock AT3600L pick up unit (needle...whatever you want to call it) with an Ortofon OM 10 MM one because most of the reviews said the stock one was crap.
I didn't replace the headshell so it looks a bit weird. Sounds alright to me.
7zCLSA9.jpg

Using it with a set of Creative Gigaworks T20 speakers. Good enough for me since I'm everything but audiophile and can't tell you how high the oxygen concentration in the speakers are or whatever.
Not sure if I'm going to buy another, better one at some point. For 130€ its a decent unit IMO.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Ignoring the deadbeat NGF cumslut seems like a good idea. :keke:

Anyway, this thing is called Dual DTJ 301.01

jGaJFYH.jpg

Paid 130€ for it and I'm pretty statisfied. Comes with alot of usual stuff like anti-skating, pitch control, adapter puck for singles, USB cable etc. The chassis is plastic of course, the table is metal.
I replaced the stock AT3600L pick up unit (needle...whatever you want to call it) with an Ortofon OM 10 MM one because most of the reviews said the stock one was crap.
I didn't replace the headshell so it looks a bit weird. Sounds alright to me.
7zCLSA9.jpg

Using it with a set of Creative Gigaworks T20 speakers. Good enough for me since I'm everything but audiophile and can't tell you how high the oxygen concentration in the speakers are or whatever.
Not sure if I'm going to buy another, better one at some point. For 130€ its a decent unit IMO.

Looks good to me! You did the right thing changing out the cartridge, the cheaper tables always come with a shit one.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Btw: Of course I adjusted the arm weight - cartridge record contact correctly so no one here has to freak out about that ;)

I need to check my Chemical Brothers - Further LP with this cart again, just to see if I can hear any sort of improvement.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Nice! This one looks a lot like the Technics SL1200 :buttrock:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Retro / Vintage / Awesome!

Anyone into vintage A/V stuff??? There has been a slight resurgence in audio cassettes and VHS; two things that I didn't see making any sort of comeback. I recently watched the documentary Rewind This. It was well done and is worth a watch. Also, I watched a short documentary on audio cassettes, and how people are getting back into them. Both of these documentaries made me want to revisit tape.:scratch: However, I no longer have a VHS player. But....I did setup my Laserdisc player.:buttrock:

Vintage audio is awesome! Below are some pics of one of my vintage, and rare, McIntosh amps. Those blue meters are hypnotic.

DSC023061.JPG
DSC023001.JPG

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I'm definately still into cassettes. What really helped was that I had a tape deck in my last car. When I got my current car, it only had a CD player. So I had to go out and buy a tape deck. It worked great but just a couple days ago I started having trouble with the left channel on both decks. I haven't gotten to look into it yet.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yup, still making mixtapes! My Yukon has both a tape deck and cd player in it, but I've only been listening to tapes lately.

Master Tasuke

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of J
JohnsVGSetup-12-27-111.jpg

HDMANALOGVGEXAMPLE-8-25-12.jpg

Johnssystem7-2-14_zps5ee15caa.jpg

MACGYVERSYSTEM8-23-128.jpg

JOHNSSYSTEM-RATSNEST-1-8-112.jpg

JOHNSSYSTEM-RATSNEST-1-8-113.jpg

CLD-3030JOHN10-10-131_zps9c77c694.jpg

MacGsystem-1-21-121.jpg

(( NOT PICTURED; PS3 and SEGA DREAMCAST have been added since ))

MyVGConsolecollection-7-27-11.jpg

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
You love your vintage audio, don't you?

Master Tasuke

you might be pleasantly surprised in just how good any Audio or A/V source you can imagine -including VGs of any era-
can actually sound when being fed through high quality vintage component Hi-Fi. it is a revelation, trust me on that...

Last edited:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
You love your vintage audio, don't you?

Don't tell me the Yodd hates vintage!:eek: You can't tell me the pics of my vintage McIntosh a few posts above don't do it for ya.:drool_2:

It's all good bro.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
MT, do you have a reel to reel deck? DAC, or DAT? I recon some Cambridge Sound Works Model 11 or Ensemble speakers would look real swell in that line up.

Master Tasuke

dem fuckhuge speakers

- that cast an equally fuckhuge soundstage that no compact/mini speaker system seems remotely capable of matching, just saying...

(( SANSUI SP-2000 1969/197? ))

* maximum input at 70 watts
* freq. response as 35-20000hz, crossover at 1500, 5000 and 10000 hz
* 12" woofer, 6.5" and 4.5" midrange, two 2" horn tweeters, one 1.375" super horn tweeter
* box dimensions 25.75" tall, 14.25" wide and 12" deep, weight 45.2 lbs.
* 4-way, 6-speaker Bass Reflex enclosure

SP-20005-31-149_zpsf8ab67e6.jpg

SP-20005-31-1414_zpsc80b24a9.jpg

SP-20005-31-1410_zps8b547741.jpg

SP-20005-31-144_zpsb72f0d6e.jpg

SP-20006-1-143_zps7dc13bf4.jpg

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Don't tell me the Yodd hates vintage!:eek: You can't tell me the pics of my vintage McIntosh a few posts above don't do it for ya.:drool_2:

It's all good bro.

All things McIntosh makes me irrationally obsessed with em....to the point where 6 grand on a fucking turntable or a god damn cd player almost makes perfect sense.

Almost.

PS: those amps as sweet. Even pictures of those blue meters kinda soothes my soul.

Last edited:

miisalo

Astra Superstar
After reading article about good experiences using tube insulation as bass trap I made test traps using cardboard tubes, ekovilla insulation panels and plastic bags.

15132372326_0c3395cf04_z.jpg

I installed them in the corners, above heimholtz resonators and behind the whitescreen and they actually seem to work. I haven't yet made measurement but my ears can confirm that I got rid of quite bad room mode resonance in certain spots so I have high hopes that I need less room correction using my amp for the listening spot too.

I might try to make two small ones for the back and use fabric over them to make them look nice.

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Just installing my new amplifier, I upgraded my A/V amp from aventage rx-a3010 to a3040. This gives me 4K, better subwoofer equ and Dolby ATMOS. I probably going to install 2 to 4 tannoy dc6i for ceiling speakers depending how good offer I get for speakers used in a trade show demo.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Still running my pro-ject carbon/rotel amp/ large advent setup. love love love it!

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
My Jolida Amp has taken a shit on the left speaker output again.

This will be my third time sending it back. The second time I requested a replacement but they said they couldn't do that as the 1501RC had been replaced by the 1501BRC. I even talked to the president of the company who assured they would fix it and there would be no need for a replacement even though it was under warranty at the time.

Quite frankly the unit is a lemon. Even if I get it fixed again it's still a lemon and selling it on would be shitty. This time I'm pushing for a full replacement. Period.

Three strikes and you're out.

Sucks most of all because when it's working it's a fantastic unit.

I don't currently have the $$$$ to replace it with another brand either.

miisalo

Astra Superstar