Ruud Van Nistelrooij

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Since joining Hamburger SV, he's scored 2 goals (2 games, but really only one since the first appearance vs. Cologne was for a minute before full time).

If RVN keeps this up, he will probably make the national team in time for the world cup. I figure that with 16 games left, RVN only needs about 8 more goals to prove he's match fit for the WC. RVN and the Hunter are the only two real CFs on the team, while the other forwards are very gifted wingers (Babel, Elia, Robben). Kuyt is a second striker, but not really a CF. RVP could do CF, but I don't think he'll be match fit in time for the WC.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Should United have bought him back? They could still do with an actual striker.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
yes, definitely. While they can't play him in a CL match, they can at least rest Berbatov while playing RVN on the weekend. It makes sense to me, but then the issue is does MU want to spend money on a short term project.

They do have Michael Owen, who has displayed less bite since the Wolfsburg match. But I think there's more potential for Owen to perform on MU than he's been given credit for, as his form has improved.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Owens always been a good striker, just needs a run of games and his fitnees back up to get him back on his game.