One of the Best FPS's - Perfect Dark (XBLA) Remake is coming in march.

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
I see there is no official thread for this particular title...

to all younger gamers who have no idea what Perfect Dark is...

if you're a gamer and like shooters there is absolute no reason not to get this.
that's a nice surprise, this game defined FPS's in 2000,
very few games are as magical as Rareware stuff is, very distinguishable style and incredibly fun.
and it looks fabulous, 60 frames per second, running in 1080p with redone textures, why march is so far away?
hehe.
this game is an absolute gem.

if you have doubts, as a side note - this is one of the highest ranked games of all time, averaging at 97/100!

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/n64/perfectdark?q=perfect dark

Game is being treated with significant overhaul:
Graphics, Sound, Controls, Online, etc... everything for $10 !!!

I'm obviously super excited for this title and so should you,

are you?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I am very excited for this. I remember PD came out around the summer after my junior year, I bought it with the money from my first job. Played that game constantly that summer. I'll be downloading this one day one. The thing that kept me from replaying it was having to do so on the N64 controller, its just unplayable to me now. So having it redone for the 360 controller and running 60 frames per second will be great.

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
totally!

it's hard to believe they only charge $10, but because of that I can see it become the best selling xbla arcade title out there.

little technical information - game characters on N64 were made out of approximately 300 polygons, PD XBLA characters are 3,500 polygons, that's a major visual uplift.

weapons, locations are redone with higher resolution, that includes new textures.

I was waiting for this title since they announced it for "winter", back at the E3 09, but I'm glad we finally have a ballpark date.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
i think replaying this game, in any form, will utterly tarnish the invincible sheen it has in the annals of nostalgia.

not sure this will get my $10.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Hmm, I'm pretty excited, maybe Goldeneye will be next.

Here's hoping.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
i personally prefer this game over Goldeneye. also the multiplayer of Perfect Dark comes with Goldeneye´s maps.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Perfect Dark has a better multiplayer than Goldeneye for sure but I liked the single player in Goldeneye better than in Perfect Dark. There is nothing really interesting, notable, or inspiring about the perfect dark IP. Its claim to fame is the multiplayer.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Perfect Dark has a better multiplayer than Goldeneye for sure but I liked the single player in Goldeneye better than in Perfect Dark. There is nothing really interesting, notable, or inspiring about the perfect dark IP. Its claim to fame is the multiplayer.
That's your opinion, I thought the single player was great as well.

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
I've had a lot of fun with single player, some of the levels were better than others.
it was a lengthy adventure on secret agent difficulty, it will be probably quite challenging as far as entire arsenal of achievement goes(beat every level on secret agent under certain time, etc...).

only 6 days to go!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
That's your opinion, I thought the single player was great as well.

You think the Perfect Dark IP is interesting...?

It's claim to fame is the multiplayer - not the merits of its single player campaign.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
bomp

I grabbed the full version of this today and hopped onto LIVE...it's pretty much exactly as you remember it minus the 64's stuttering framerate and a new coat of graphical paint.

I was afraid that the addition of the right aiming stick would change the feel too much but it only speeds up the action slightly. You'll still mostly rely on the line of sight autoaim on a level crosshair to get the frags.

One disappointing thing is that everyone gets kicked if the host connection is lost...my game was cut short since the little fucker decided to quit. :angry:

Also, Buro is an idiot douche.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This is great, I'm glad they didn't wait to release this for summer of arcade.