Thread: MSX US AES on ebay. Is it a boot ?

MSX US AES on ebay. Is it a boot ?

I have been asking the seller to open the cart to verify the boards but have yet receive any response. Would any one here has experience with Slug X or have a legit copy can advise me if this one is legit or a boot ?

here is the URL http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Slug-X...EAAOSwBnVW962X

Thanks guys

Yamazaki's Pupil

Quote Originally Posted by nhanphanhippo View Post
    I have been asking the seller to open the cart to verify the boards but have yet receive any response. Would any one here has experience with Slug X or have a legit copy can advise me if this one is legit or a boot ?

here is the URL http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Slug-X...EAAOSwBnVW962X

Thanks guys
    Well, he says he bought it on here five years ago. If I was you I'd ask for his username on here then look at his feedback. If he bought it on here he should either have received or left some feedback. If not it throws up a few questions.

Of course, this doesn't prove that it's genuine, but proof that he has actually owned a genuine one at some point in the past is at least an indicator.

P.s. this is the kind of cart we should be seeing for sale on these forums with the above discourse taking place openly, not on shitty ebay, but the shit show will continue to ruin that.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenk View Post
    Well, he says he bought it on here five years ago. If I was you I'd ask for his username on here then look at his feedback. If he bought it on here he should either have received or left some feedback. If not it throws up a few questions.
    Excellent point. I will do so. Thanks again for the response.

UPDATE:

Got a reply from him. No boards pics but he said his username here is "darkest deeds", which I couldn't find.
    Last edited by nhanphanhippo; 03-27-2016 at 02:57 PM. Reason: added the seller NG username

You do realise
    I have NO IDEA
    who... The FOOK U R.

The sad thing is that whether he opens the cart, provides you all the links etc it won't stop everyone else bidding anyway and the game going for a crazy price

The seller lives in the same county as me (not to far away either) - I'm not after this game don't worry

No promises but I might be able to go and check the game (the best I can) with my loupe for you.

This obviously depends on the seller and his availability before the end of the auction.
    Last edited by K1ngArth3r; 03-28-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngArth3r View Post
    The sad thing is that whether he opens the cart, provides you all the links etc it won't stop everyone else bidding anyway and the game going for a crazy price

The seller lives in the same county has me (not to far away either) - I'm not after this game don't worry

No promises but I might be able to go and check the game (the best I can) with my loupe for you.

This obviously depends on the seller and his availability before the end of the auction.

It's very generous of you to offer such help. would it take more than 20 mins to get from your place to his ? I will contact him to see if he's available for such in person visit.

Thanks again

You do realise
    I have NO IDEA
    who... The FOOK U R.

Would it take more than 20 mins to get from your place to his?
    Should be about a 20-30 min drive depending on traffic, let me know.

Yamazaki's Pupil

That is a really decent thing to do.

If I was you though - I would ask OP how much he intends to go to to get this game in the auction, in private. If he thinks he's going to get it for 600 and won't go any higher then don't waste your time.

Sorry OP - nothing personal, just common sense for K1ngArth3r's time.

JammaNationX

Looks legit, PROG board is grey meaning it's the original AES PCB.

Just Short...
    As always... :-(
    Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

There is a daarkestdeeds here. Or there was.

The seller said he's very busy for such visit so would pass on it. I will try to get it from some one in the forum or maybe the Neostore down the road. Thanks so much for your help K1ngArth3r. It's greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenk View Post
    That is a really decent thing to do.

If I was you though - I would ask OP how much he intends to go to to get this game in the auction, in private. If he thinks he's going to get it for 600 and won't go any higher then don't waste your time.

Sorry OP - nothing personal, just common sense for K1ngArth3r's time.
    Thanks for such suggestion. I will provide my max price point in future posts to avoid wasting unnecessary time.

Yamazaki's Pupil

Thanks for such suggestion. I will provide my max price point in future posts to avoid wasting unnecessary time.
    I'm not saying publicly post up your ebay bid amounts, I was more saying give someone who's going to do you a favour enough information to decide whether they're wasting their time or not. Not that I suspected you were wasting his time either - it was a general suggestion rather than specific to you.

Good luck getting hold of the game.

Rugal's Thug

I'm very curious what this will end at. I'm guessing somewhere between 3000-5000 but very curious where it will end up

Yamazaki's Pupil

Quote Originally Posted by Cg591 View Post
    I'm very curious what this will end at. I'm guessing somewhere between 3000-5000 but very curious where it will end up
    Wouldn't surprise me, which makes it all the more dubious that he can't be bothered to allow someone ten minutes of his time to view it in advance.

Rugal's Thug

Looks like the listing ended early.
    Maybe someone offered him something he couldn't refuse?

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Maybe he opened the cartridge.

SS5: the japanese sticker does not fit to the us insert, compare with this http://www.neostore.com/Samurai-Shod...AES-p/1052.htm
    MD3: obviously the cover is custom made and the game was only released in japan, not declared as a conversion
    BaM: no aes release, not declared as a conversion - http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...no-AES-release

Thread Information