Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
As far as the online goes, it does lag on occasions (I've yet to have a match that doesn't have severe frame slowdown) BUT.. it isn't enough to damper the gameplay. Someone did throw a tantrum with me saying my Jun/Batsu combo was cheap :oh_no:

edit: also, fuck zero's infinite corner juggle.

How'd they complain? Did you have an after match talk on another forum? The thing I love with this is there's no voice chat whatsoever so you can do whatever you want and not feel bad afterwards. Been playing against a ton of Zeros, Batsu's, Blades and Ryu's. I've been trying to learn Hurricane Pollimar and I have Ryu in as my secondary because I instantly know to do and he's easy to combo off of. I want to try to learn Frank but I keep screwing up the zombie attack and get the one that comes up behind you, and that screws me up.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I don't know how cheap he is. But it doesn't seem like it should be too bad. I mean, SNK had some really cheap bosses.

No, having to go cheap YOURSELF to FIGHT the boss with a grappler, because you lose all the moves that you can do against everyone else for grabbing.

The boss isn't that cheap at all, in fact, it's one of the easier bosses around, IMO. All you have to do is get past the 1st segment without him zapping all your bars & refilling his and your good.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
All right. I know I said the MadCatz arcade stick for this is pretty good but there is one thing that pisses me right the fuck off. The cord for it. Yeah, the cord is barely over 3ft. I'm sorry, but if I'm going to spend upwards of $50 for a controller it better come with a long enough cable to fucking use it properly!

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
All right. I know I said the MadCatz arcade stick for this is pretty good but there is one thing that pisses me right the fuck off. The cord for it. Yeah, the cord is barely over 3ft. I'm sorry, but if I'm going to spend upwards of $50 for a controller it better come with a long enough cable to fucking use it properly!

...it's...wireless...

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
...it's...wireless...

Yes and no. You have to plug it in to a Wiimote. I know, I'm bitching about something most people wouldn't. Why can't they either make it completely wireless or give it a longer cable. It's like they couldn't decide what they wanted it to be.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Yes and no. You have to plug it in to a Wiimote. I know, I'm bitching about something most people wouldn't. Why can't they either make it completely wireless or give it a longer cable. It's like they couldn't decide what they wanted it to be.

I know how it is, I had mine before the game launched. It plugs into the Wiimote because the Wiimote uses blutooth. Instead of having to include blutooth they just have it wired to a Classic controller PCB. That's like complaining the classic controller isn't completly wireless, the cost would be higher if they did. If the gauge of classic controller/wiimote means anything it'd be a 100 dollar stick probably rather than 80.

It's 3 feet, that's plenty of space for you to plug the wiimote in and set it down near by.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Picked this up the day it came out. I too am having loads of fun!!

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Played this game with a friend. Its fun as hell, and its not broken like Marvel 2. The blow off action is a killer thing to give this game longevity. We'll see how it stacks up long term though.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Yeah, after a couple hours of play, I've decided the main boss is spamtastic. His first form likes to spam that unblockable attack on me.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I brought this two days ago and having a blast. This game is definitely miles above MvC2. I got comfortable enough with a Gamecube controller to play effectively but it's still a pain. Sadly, online tends to be hit or miss. The best online matches I had have been against other locals. Any further you will suffer from input lag from hell. Online players favor Karas, Tekkaman Blade, Zero and Saki. I'll my friend code once I remember to write it down.

You should use the Classic Controller. It's the shiznit.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Yeah, after a couple hours of play, I've decided the main boss is spamtastic. His first form likes to spam that unblockable attack on me.

Best thing to do is throw a distance/projectile super ASAP, he is cheap but first form has relatively no life. If you can get two of them quickly, you're all good.

Totally agree. For my hands, it's the second best controller I've ever used (Dreamcast wins that battle)

Reality Check

World Hero

I brought a Classic controller today. The game plays so much better with it. The small size of the controller is a perfect fit for my hands.

I'm going to get a wireless router within the week so I can play online in my own home.

oni2382

New Challenger
I played against a Tekkaman Blade for the first time and MY GOD is he a spam friendly character......I still favor this over MvC2, fits my playing style a lot better, and the Baroque technique can be deadly...

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
How'd they complain? Did you have an after match talk on another forum? The thing I love with this is there's no voice chat whatsoever so you can do whatever you want and not feel bad afterwards.

Sadly doesn't work when you have your opponent in an AIM window talking afterwards :lolz: I need to play some actual rank battles to get some BP. What I don't understand is the people that do bitch about Batsu, he's got power behind him but fuck if he's not one of the slower characters.

Also, Tekkaman Blade isn't really that bad, someone like Jun or Yetterman #1 can outreach him if he tries to spam.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Sadly doesn't work when you have your opponent in an AIM window talking afterwards :lolz: I need to play some actual rank battles to get some BP. What I don't understand is the people that do bitch about Batsu, he's got power behind him but fuck if he's not one of the slower characters.

Also, Tekkaman Blade isn't really that bad, someone like Jun or Yetterman #1 can outreach him if he tries to spam.

Not to mention Batsu's reach isn't anything to brag about.

I've been liking Polimar and Karas quite a bit lately. This is a bit different for me because I usually choose characters for their speed and attack. It took some getting used to, especially with Polimer.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
the quality of this title as caught me by surprise. Its the first time i´m sold to the VS series. TvsC its an amazing game, played it all today and in the end of the last session, i was thinking that maybe this is so good as SF4 or even better. Maybe i´m just surprised by TvsC, only time will tell, but what a great game. An inspired Capcom is still something to behold. Just wished that SNKP could surprise me in the same way.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Denim, I'm still playing online from time to time. My number is earlier in the thread if you want to add me for some games sometime.

I've been playing Saki / Jun The Swan.

Kert

Mr. Big's Thug
20 Year Member
The game is fun.

I'm still debating on whether to buy the U.S. version for online play and extra characters since I already have the Japanese version.

Anyone wants to help a fellow Capcom fan and buy this game for me?

Just kidding.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
If I can find a Wii to buy, I'll be playing this soon.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
i´ll be adding Alec tonight. Add me any of you who wants to play online. i´m pretty average on the VS series tough...
But boy i´m loving this game! the Wii classic controller never had so much use. and it handles pretty well also! TvsC must be one of the best looking game on the Wii, this game is gorgeous!and so fast and fluid! Does anyone know whats the original arcade display? HD?SD?it does look great on my LCD!
also find funny how well some of the Capcom characters fit on the Tatsunoko world, Like Viewtifull Joe, Zero, Mega Man, the Lost Planet robot, Roll or Saki.

here´s my Wii number: 0010 9073 8504 8656

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
ooopss posted the wrong code...here is TvsC code:4383-3649-7000

added Reality Check.

for those with xbox Live, we could do a party to communicate while playing TvsC. I´ve done that when i played Mario Kart online with some friends.

Last edited: