Winnie The Pooh shan't be getting my honey

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
CAVE NEEDLE

Subterranean, bipedal, wasp-like enemies that can be found in Sega's 1988 Altered Beast [original Japanese title: Jyuuouki (Beast King's Chronicle)] arcade video game (it was also ported to many popular home systems soon afterwards, including the Genesis, Famicom, Master System, PC Engine, and several computer formats--more recently, it has also appeared as a selection on various Sega compilation discs and as a virtual download).

These arthropods can only be encountered in the third level, The Cavern of Souls. Cave Needles sprint through the rocky tunnels of said locale in large numbers, impaling unfortunate trespassers on their poison stingers. Their vestigial wings are too small to allow flight. A single punch or kick, regardless of how powered-up the player currently is, will destroy these chitinous critters, or, if you've collected enough orbs to morph into the Bear form, you can petrify them with an exhalation of your breath (after which you can opt to leave them as-is, frozen in stone forever, or shatter the insect statue to pieces).

Materials:
Newsprint, Kleenex, white glue, hot glue, wire twist ties, transparent plastic from a toy package, gloss nail polish, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
[NOTE: Due to the articulation, these values will vary depending on how the joints are positioned;
the numbers given assume a neutral standing pose.]
4.5 cm/1.8 in. x 6.0 cm/2.4 in. (widest point x highest point)

Articulation:
Twenty-three points: Antennae (4); mandibles (2); neck(2); wings (2); forelimbs (4); torso (2); stinger; hips (2); knees (2); and ankles (2).

Time:
Ten days; January 15-25, 2010--with no work performed on the 23rd.

AB_cn.jpg

More info at my web page for this figure:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/cave_needle.html

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
CAVE NEEDLE

Subterranean, bipedal, wasp-like enemies that can be found in Sega's 1988 Altered Beast [original Japanese title: Jyuuouki (Beast King's Chronicle)] arcade video game (it was also ported to many popular home systems soon afterwards, including the Genesis, Famicom, Master System, PC Engine, and several computer formats--more recently, it has also appeared as a selection on various Sega compilation discs and as a virtual download).

These arthropods can only be encountered in the third level, The Cavern of Souls. Cave Needles sprint through the rocky tunnels of said locale in large numbers, impaling unfortunate trespassers on their poison stingers. Their vestigial wings are too small to allow flight. A single punch or kick, regardless of how powered-up the player currently is, will destroy these chitinous critters, or, if you've collected enough orbs to morph into the Bear form, you can petrify them with an exhalation of your breath (after which you can opt to leave them as-is, frozen in stone forever, or shatter the insect statue to pieces).

Materials:
Newsprint, Kleenex, white glue, hot glue, wire twist ties, transparent plastic from a toy package, gloss nail polish, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
[NOTE: Due to the articulation, these values will vary depending on how the joints are positioned;
4.5 cm/1.8 in. x 6.0 cm/2.4 in. (widest point x highest point)

Articulation:
Twenty-three points: Antennae (4); mandibles (2); neck(2); wings (2); forelimbs (4); torso (2); stinger; hips (2); knees (2); and ankles (2).

Time:
Ten days; January 15-25, 2010--with no work performed on the 23rd.

AB_cn.jpg

More info at my web page for this figure:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/cave_needle.html

The picture with the stuffed bear has me in stitches right now. I'm having a hard time typing this because I'm crying from laughing so hard.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
did you do this? I really like your work. You should totally compile your creations in a book.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Another amazing piece M:buttrock:

@M

20 Year Member
Mercenary X99: Glad you liked my idea with the stuffed bear, as soon as I thought of it, I just had to do it.

Wasabi: Yeah, it's my work (if somebody else made something that I'm posting, I always state it right at the beginning of the thread, like with those Genjuro and Sieger customized figures). The only things I didn't make were the stuffed bear and (obviously) the PS2 Sega Genesis Collection game. The human dude is my Rick Taylor (from the Splatterhouse diorama/playset I did about this time last year), without his hockey mask. I included him in that shot to give a rough idea of the creature's scale with a human.

As far as compiling my artwork into a book, seeing as how 99% of the stuff I make depicts copyrighted characters, that'd probably be a legal quagmire. Just for fun (i.e., a nonprofit venture) would probably be okay, but I don't think it'd be a good idea to publish one for profit unless it contained only original pieces. I'd say my web site more-or-less serves the same purpose as a book would, other than you need internet access to see it.

SynbiosFan: Thanks!

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
As far as compiling my artwork into a book, seeing as how 99% of the stuff I make depicts copyrighted characters, that'd probably be a legal quagmire. Just for fun (i.e., a nonprofit venture) would probably be okay, but I don't think it'd be a good idea to publish one for profit unless it contained only original pieces. I'd say my web site more-or-less serves the same purpose as a book would, other than you need internet access to see it.

Now that the I Pad is here, who needs a silly old book!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
600px-Double_tigger.jpg
If anyone gets that, I'm going to be equal parts scared, and impressed.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
M's the best... I don't even know how he does this stuff... He shows us how he does this stuff half the time, and I don't know how he does this stuff.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Amazing work as usual M. I'm always in awe of your work. The amount of detail you're able to create on such a small figure always amazes me.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Upper right pic

"Is that a stinger sticking out in front of your ab or are you just happy to see me?"

@M

20 Year Member
Yes, that stinger is decidely phallic. :P

Chloe: Aviator For Hire

"In her world, Chloe’s not desperate, just tasked.
If you can ‘acquire’ it, she can probably fly it."

- Shiflett Brothers' character description.

This figure was created as an entry for a challenge at Brandon and Jarrod Shiflett's online sculpting forum. The object of said contest was to sculpt/model an interpretation of their original character, Chloe: Aviator For Hire. As can be expected, I went the mini action figure route with my contribution to the event. The figure is not painted (other than a light grey base coat) because that's what the rules called for in terms of presentation for judging.

SHB_chloe.jpg

Materials:
Newsprint, Kleenex, white glue, hot glue, crazy glue, wire twist ties, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
3.3 cm/1.3 in. x 7.0 cm/2.8 in. (widest point x highest point)

Articulation:
Eighteen points: Neck (2); wings (2); shoulders (2); elbows (2); wrists (2); pistol holster; teddy bear (the previous two exist to facilitate greater range of movement in the legs, which they would obstruct if they were immobile); hips (2); knees (2); and ankles (2).

Time:
Two weeks: February 1-3, 5, 7, 10, 14, 17, 19-21, 23-25 (2010).

Lots more photos:

http://angelfire.com/ult/ace/chloe.html

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
^really nice.

You ever worked with green stuff etc...?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Amazing, I look forward to seeing the completed piece.

@M

20 Year Member
Thanks for the comments!

Late: What's 'green stuff'? A type of clay/modeling compound? I'm not familiar with it.

Synbiosfan: The Chloe figure is finished in its current state. The rules for the contest it was for stipulated that the entries couldn't be painted (other than a single color priming/base coat). While I am free to paint it once the contest concludes, I've decided to leave it as-is.

Speaking of which, you can see the other contest entries here if you're interested (please be advised that there is some nudity if you're at work or whatever):

http://www.shiflettbrothers.com/forum/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=3503

Twigtall

Slender attack droids that can be randomly encountered in Sega's 1989/1990 Phantasy Star II Sega Genesis video game [original Japanese title: Fantashi Suta Tsu Kaerazaru Toki no Owari ni (Phantasy Star II: The End of the Lost Age)]. Said title has also been ported to multiple consoles since then, including the Saturn, Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, Playstation 2, and Playstation Portable, usually as a selection on a compilation title. Phantasy Star II was also completely revamped for the Playstation 2 "Sega Ages 2500" budget line of games in 2005, where it was the seventeenth release and bears the modified name Phantasy Star Generation 2. This new version of the game can also be found on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

After Rolf and his companions, at great personal cost, put a stop to the out-of-control biomonster production and weather aberrations resulting from the malfunction of Planet Motavia's Bio-Systems Laboratory and Climatrol Tower facilities, the supposedly benevolent Mother Brain (the supreme artificial intelligence that oversees the entire Algo Solar System) immediately brands them all as criminals and sends out legions of her mechanical soldiers to exterminate the heroes. The "Twig" Series of robots makes up a substantial part of the forces deployed to Motavia on this search-and-destroy mission. As they are not terribly damage resistant, due to their spindly construction and light armor, Twig droids specialize in attacking from a distance, rather than closing directly with their opponents. Housed in the cranial cavity is a plasma cannon that can be directed at a single target with devastating effect--the recoil from this weapon is so strong that the robot must first brace itself with all five of its limbs before a shot can safely be fired. A Twig unit can also briefly accelerate its internal power drive, resulting in a spectacular electrical discharge that will severely injure all non-mechanical entities within a 7 meter (23 feet) radius. There are three known models in the Twig Series (in order, from least dangerous to most lethal): Metalman, Twig Man, and Twigtall (renamed Buddy, Budd Twig, and Budd Tail in Phantasy Star Generation 2).

Materials:
Newsprint, Kleenex, white glue, hot glue, crazy glue, wire twist ties, a piece of a paperclip, gloss nail polish, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
4.3 cm/1.7 in. x 8.7 cm/3.4 in. (widest point x highest point)

Articulation:
Forty-two points: Antennae (2); jaw; neck (2); shoulder hydraulic assembly (12); biceps (2); elbows (2); wrists (2); mid-torso; hips (3); hocks (6); fetlocks (6); and ankles (3).

Time:
Seven days: February 5, 6, 9, 12, 15, 28, and March 1 (2010).

PS2_twigtall.jpg

PS_groupshot030210.jpg

More information/images:
http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/twigtall.html

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
M, you make great stuff. I just looked at your website.

@M

20 Year Member
Zariche

A nightmarish fusion of skeletal spider and double-headed brute that can be found in Sega's 1992 Arabian-themed Defenders of Oasis Game Gear video game (original Japanese title: Shadam Crusader: Harukanaru Oukoku). Zariche is the first of six Wizard Kings you'll have to face in the game's final dungeon--this unnatural fortress can only be reached by flying from the top of the Tower of Jiklart on the mythical Roc's back.

While all three of the hideous amalgam's heads have nasty dispositions, the left humanoid is particularly high-strung. For reasons that not even the dread Ahriman can fathom, Zariche cannot, nay, WILL NOT, tolerate anyone touching its left shoulder. Should an individual be foolhardy enough to insult Zariche by breaking this strange taboo, the fiend will fly into a berserk rage, attacking until the offender is reduced to little more than a greasy red smear. Ahriman, taking full advantage of his minion's eccentricity, has peppered the narrow, maze-like corridors of an entire wing of his Underworld lair with statues of Zariche, and, as you can probably guess, the tempermental monstrosity will still take offense if you happen to bump the wrong shoulder of an inanimate stone likeness. Apparently, Zariche has some kind of magical sixth-sense attuning it to the replicas, as it can, and will, instantly possess and awaken any profaned monument and use it to attack the defiler--"killing" the statue will not vanquish Zariche itself, as the temporarily beaten creature will simply withdraw to whatever plane of existance it normally inhabits, from whence it can return again, completely restored, to control one of the other sculptures. Needless to say, few would-be trespassers survive long enough to cross Ahriman's gallery of Zariches.

The edges of the massive battle axe Zariche wields are coated with potent venom (doubtlessly milked from some unholy orifice on its twisted body); any successful strike with the weapon, in addition to causing substantial injury, will poison the unfortunate victim (with the exception of the Genie, who, being magical in nature, enjoys immunity from all material toxins). If the venom isn't neutralized, either with the Genie's "Haoma" spell or the "Snake Act" item, the afflicted will succumb to the poison in a short amount of time. Additionally, the bony arachnid that serves as Zariche's lower body can exhale plumes of 1093o C/2000o F flame, charbroiling its foes.

Materials:
Newsprint, Kleenex, white glue, hot glue, crazy glue, wire twist ties, sand, nail polish, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
the numbers given assume a neutral standing pose without the weapon accessory attached.]
7.2 cm/2.8 in. x 7.4 cm/2.9 in. (widest point x highest point)

Articulation:
Thirty-four points: Necks (2); shoulders (2); elbows (2); wrists (2); waist; skull mandible; and spider legs (3 each, 24 total).

Time:
Two weeks; March 5-7, 9-11, 13-15, 17-19, 23-24 (2010).

DoO_zariche.jpg

DoO_zariche_legmolding.jpg

groupshot_032510.jpg

More photos/information:
http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/zariche.html

Additionally, if you'd like to see all of the creatures found in Defenders of Oasis, visit my monster sprite archive for the game:
http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/DoO_bestiary.html

My Mother asked me to make a new snout for this broken elephant figurine. She wanted the trunk upraised, as she claims its good luck, but other than that, I was left to my own devices regarding the size/length/etc. The first three photos show it in the original state, the rest all depict my repair job. The new snout is made out of a mixture of Kleenex and white glue, painted with acrylic paint, and attached to the figurine with crazy glue. Unfortunately, I did a terrible job of matching my paintwork to the resin color of the original, so the new snout is a lot darker than it should be (I used a white base coat with a light gray wash). I probably should have used something other than acrylic, or repainted the entire thing so everything would match.

elephantrepair.jpg