Modifying a Beast Busters: Second Nightmare cabinet

fingle85

n00b
Hi guys,
I work for a TV show. We recently bought a Beast Busters: Second Nightmare cabinet if full working condition. I have a couple questions.

1. Does the manual posted above apply to Beast Busters: Second Nightmare? Is it Revision 1 or Revision 2?

2. In terms of modifying the video input/output. Is it possible to change the monitor to output at 24 FPS? Is it possible to record the game directly from the board itself? Is it possible to play this recording through the monitor on the cabinet?

I'll explain. We want to show the final boss fight over and over so we can film it. I'm wondering if we recorded that sequence in the game, could we then play that recording back through the monitor? Or would we have to replace the monitor entirely?

I hope that wasn't too confusing.

3. Does anyone have any images or links to a tutorial on tinkering with this particular cabinet? I've found that its pretty rare, but maybe you guys can help.

Thanks so much!

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
You may want to post this in tech. You can use various adaptors to convert the video both ways. Others have much better knowledge of this than I.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Your best bet would be to alter the frame rate to 24p in post. The amount of time to get native 24p output from an arcade board would be HUGE considering the short amount of time to take the native footage, drop it in FCP (or Premier) and convert it to the proper framerate. One is a hardware solution, the other software (post)

As for recording the output, I'd use a supergun or other similar device to feed the signal into a digi cam or deck, bypassing the entire arcade board itself. You MAY run into some sync issues, as both the Neo-Geo AES and CD systems WILL NOT sync to any of my recording equipment (I am a filmmaker, and none of my Panasonic equipment can handle the video output) but I have no info on the sync rate of a Hyper setup. But considering arcade boards vary wildly in their video output signals, I am guessing its not locked in @ a constand 60hz

As for playing through the monitor on the cab, its all about what inputs the monitor supports, and whether it will support the video signal you are sending it

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
My #1 concern about showing the footage through the arcade monitor would be getting bad scrolling on the screen when its shot by a 2nd camera. Since arcade monitors differ from standard tv's / monitors I don't know what sync rate on camera would give you a crystal clear image of the video itself

best of luck to you though. I do love Beast Busters!