Bad Dudes music

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I plan on getting this finished tonight. However, I was wondering if anybody knows how to rip specific sound bites out of MAME or something. Specifically, I'm looking for the "GOT IT" and "I'M BAD" clips that I'd want to incorporate into this. If somebody can help I'd greatly appreciate that.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I plan on getting this finished tonight. However, I was wondering if anybody knows how to rip specific sound bites out of MAME or something. Specifically, I'm looking for the "GOT IT" and "I'M BAD" clips that I'd want to incorporate into this. If somebody can help I'd greatly appreciate that.

look for foxM1, it's a program that let's you play music and sfx from mame romsets. It will also let you export in .wav format. I'm certain that Bad Dudes would be supported.

I keep putting it off, but I planned on remastering the Blazing Star OST because the quality of the original Scitron soundtrack is awful. Using a direct rip from the game sounds way better.

P.S. - Awesome work so far!!!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Thanks, I'll try that and see what my dumbass is capable of doing.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Fuck yes, thanks ki!! This program was ridiculously easy to use and gave me EXACTLY what I needed!!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Thanks. God I want to play this game so bad right now.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
I'm not a musical guy, but it sounds kind of light for lack of a better word. Still awesome though.
Great work as always.

Last edited:

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
Every time I hear this, I want to run ten miles to play the nearest Bad Dudes cab. Seriously though, your work is quite impressive.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
awesome. ever try Holy Order from Guilty Gear?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I jam along to Guilty Gear tracks all the time (Blue Water, Blue Sky from GGX is my favorite), but covering them seems kind of redundant as the originals pack a mean punch themselves. I like taking old 8bit/16bit tracks and trying to breathe new life into them.

Thanks for the kind words, though.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
That game kicks ass. One of the best uses of the NES sound chip for music I have seen. Very underrated game, I don't care if people think it sucks or not.

The best part is at the end of every stage when the guy says I'M BAD!!!11111111111 at 50 quadrillion decibals, in pure 1980s 8-bit voice synthesis fashion.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I thought the original arcade game voice sounded like "Ah bei" instead.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
You gotta love the NES. It tried...it tried.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
That was bad dude!!

By far my favorite video game song ever.

2 things I did in homage to this game when I was a kid. 1cc the NES game. and spray paint BAD DUDES on a wall about 9 feet tall.