Customized Sieger & Genjuro action figures

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
They look good. Would have liked to see Seiger's upper body more exaggerated and his head smaller.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I think the Genjuro figure is pretty cool, but as BIG BEAR already said, Sieger's body should be more exaggerated.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think Sieger's head just doesn't fit. I also don't think the figure basemodels are attractive for what you re trying to do. Those points of detail in the torso are ugly. I know you didn't put them there, but just saying, not attractive.

Genjuro, his hairline is off. Scar should be wider I think. The torso point of detail messes with your ability to accurate put in his white undergarment. The chest is also a bit small on him. I blame the tools, not the artist.

You should apply at Kaiyodo. I think they have the best sculptors.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I think Sieger's head just doesn't fit. I also don't think the figure basemodels are attractive for what you re trying to do. Those points of detail in the torso are ugly. I know you didn't put them there, but just saying, not attractive.

Genjuro, his hairline is off. Scar should be wider I think. The torso point of detail messes with your ability to accurate put in his white undergarment. The chest is also a bit small on him. I blame the tools, not the artist.

You should apply at Kaiyodo. I think they have the best sculptors.

Who are you talking to?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Certainly, I can see where you're coming from in your critiques--the thing to bear in mind is that the majority of people who customize toys do little, if any, new sculpting, and thus, they have to "make-do" with whatever parts they can cannibalize from existing figures in order to create new ones. While that's obviously limiting, it's always interesting to see how they're able to interpret things, and what parts they use to do it. I agree that there are some proportional and aesthetic issues, but I think the artist did a good job on these two, all things considered, and it's gratifying just to see SNK characters--particularly less-known/popular ones like Sieger--getting attention from the toy customizing community.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Certainly, I can see where you're coming from in your critiques--the thing to bear in mind is that the majority of people who customize toys do little, if any, new sculpting, and thus, they have to "make-do" with whatever parts they can cannibalize from existing figures in order to create new ones. While that's obviously limiting, it's always interesting to see how they're able to interpret things, and what parts they use to do it. I agree that there are some proportional and aesthetic issues, but I think the artist did a good job on these two, all things considered, and it's gratifying just to see SNK characters--particularly less-known/popular ones like Sieger--getting attention from the toy customizing community.

I agree. Sculpting your own parts is not easy, and I have tried. It takes a lot of time to get things right, as fixing a detail in one spot often causes problems in another.

Traditionally, custom superhero action figures were so viable because the superheroes all wore similar outfits. Skintight, with a variance of 3 legs , torsos, and arms. But with video game characters which were designed without toys in mind, frankensteining parts is not so simple, and I have to pay respect to the fact that the artist had an eye to spot pieces that would work. Notably in the use of magneto's cape to make Genjuro's pants. That was clever.