PSN, SFIV, play me right now

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm bored. Just woke up, wanna do some SFIV matches. Expect dictator, rog and ryu. I use blanka also, but expect these three. Hit me up.

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
lol, thanks for the ass whoppin'

man i need practice. well to be fair i haven't played SFIV a whole lot.

out of 12 matches, i won 0 :tickled:

it felt good whenever i did win a single round though.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
hey dude good games. You understand the concept, just need to nail out some more structure with a single character. I'd use ken's kara throw (fwd+MK,WK,WP all together) and be more threatening with ranges. Actually, his jRH is probably the best standard jRH in the entire game. That shit is a really good air to air also. Against someone like balrog, realize his turn punch can go through projectiles from certain spots, and he can headbutt through every projectile in the game, including ryu's ultra, as long as hes distanced right. Just learn to keep good spacing, so even if you are throwing projectiles, you lessen the risk from distancing, whether it be a prelim jump or a reactive headbutt or such.

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
thats cool man thanks for the tips. as you could probably tell i had no idea how to work with honda or vega, but i probably did best with ryu or ken. you're a beast with balrog. i'm not entirely familiar with the subtleties of the game but i'll have to pick up and practice some more because i really dont know the move sets very well.

all in all, lots of fun and i look forward to more battles :D

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Rog is really tough if you use shoto's. At good levels rog has a harder time due to the fact he cannot do certain ex's, because he can be thrown right of them midframe, and worse off, if its ryu, he can just do cMK, dpFP, confirm super or EX focus cancel dash ultra. Very dangerous match though because rog's poking game is ridiculously good against shoto's. This helps due to ranges, but if the player is good enough, its easily a bad match for rog, because he has to many problems getting in on a truly competent ryu. Even with turn punches.

Grandmaster

Kula's Candy
yea i learned a lot just from playing with you and watching. you get going with those pokes and then it's just one thing after another. if i wasnt on the ass end of the beating, i might have enjoyed watching it more :lolz:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Now if LWK can get a 360 I can get in on this fun

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Don't wanna pay monthly live fee's. Then I'd have to also rebuy games and re earn shit, and I just don't have the heart to do all that nonsense again. Haha, knowing how I have a addiction to completion, it'd only make life suck more to have to repeat those damn SFIV hard trials again.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You couldn't just unlock characters and play on live? I know if I ever got a ps3 I'd just do that and use it only to play online. I've heard so many people bitch about the ps3 online that I'd never bother with it, though :(

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
i fare ok against ryu, but rog and dictator give my lackluster gouken major problems

i would predict this would end with me visiting a rape crisis center :crying:

and yes, psn sucks shit, and seems to be getting progressively worse

it's really bad for both sf4 and mw2

if they start charging for this shit i'll probly be done with it

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
good ass games mang, i was swearin away at my excecution but mad fun all the same.

didn't have the keyboard plugged in so couldn't say gg's fast enough. funny enough right when u left i was typing up a last one ggs message :)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
good stuff dude, solid execution. I like how we had some cross adaption there, really sick man. I loved at one point from certain ranges you decided never to projectile my rog.

I hear ya on getting annoyed, my strong needs to be replaced. I'm using a stock hori ps2 stick converted, with all stock parts. Prolly time to sanwa that bastard up. :buttrock:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
oh shit, yeah man get them sanwas immediately :)

unfortunately i cant blame buttons for todays misses lol TEKKEN 6 is to blame! fucking distracting game :)

rocking a hrap3 with sanwa buttons... my only complaint is i do ex's sometimes when going for dp's as my other fingers lightly touch the other buttons in a way that would never have activated the stocks or some haps. u can almost blow on a sanwa to activate it

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
oh shit, yeah man get them sanwas immediately :)

unfortunately i cant blame buttons for todays misses lol TEKKEN 6 is to blame! fucking distracting game :)

rocking a hrap3 with sanwa buttons... my only complaint is i do ex's sometimes when going for dp's as my other fingers lightly touch the other buttons in a way that would never have activated the stocks or some haps. u can almost blow on a sanwa to activate it

I hear ya, sucked that I ended a round by burning a entire super meter with blanka, when I did ultra and my strong didn't register. Haha. I played some tekken 6 with my friend steve, but I'm gonna put more time into IV. I wanna completely master my reaction and footsies if its possible, so when SUPER comes, it'll be easier to blend it. I sort of recently picked IV back up.

My friend caleb went to that vegas event and he says that the new one feels more like alpha 2 in a way
and imo that gdlk news, because A2 is one of my favorite fighting games ever.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Feels more like Alpha 2? In what ways has SFIV changed to make it feel like Alpha 2?

Kristoff

Another Striker
I've been playing a lot more lately too. I recently moved to Austin and have been getting my ass kicked at the local Arcade UFO, so I've been trimming my tactics down and trying to hone myself into a more solid player.

Anyway, I main Abel, but play some Rog and Rufus too. Definitely hit me up!

PSN: ReverendCaliber