Which Vertical SHMUP PCB should I buy?

360heelflip

Kula's Candy
I'm finally getting a Cab again today (Atomiswave SD) and want to eventually get several Vertical SHMUP PCBs, but don't know which one I should start the collection with...

With the two cabs I had prior, I never got the chance to purchase any, so any info and help would be great :D Other than Egay, where should I look for these sort of PCBs?:scratch: I find Coin-op Express a bit over-priced at times... :hammer:

Cheers!

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Fujita's nice but shipping can be a pain. http://www.fujitacommunications.com/

As for what PCB to get first, it probably depends on your wallet. For Cave games, in my opinion, ESPGaluda is the best bang for your buck. As far as cheaper games, Psikyo makes 'em a little less expensive, with Strikers III (99) and Gunbird 2 as great games for about 100-150 bucks.

360heelflip

Kula's Candy
Armed Police Batrider

Brilliant game for sure! I might actually wait to buy any SHMUP PCBs until I can get another cab just for SHMUPS. I don't know If I want to rotate the monitor in my Atomiswave SD everytime I want to play one....

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Ookitarepanda had it right - ESPGaluda is THE perfect first vert shmup board (if you're getting into Cave stuff.) It's the best bang for your buck out there, and still one of the best shooters ever made.

Dragon Blaze is a killer game for the money if you like Psikyo.
DonPachi is pretty hot right now - it may be more expensive than it was a year ago. Great game, though, and a good intro board.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Why would you bump a 2 year old irrelevant thread?

Ookitarepanda had it right - ESPGaluda is THE perfect first vert shmup board (if you're getting into Cave stuff.) It's the best bang for your buck out there, and still one of the best shooters ever made.

Dragon Blaze is a killer game for the money if you like Psikyo.
DonPachi is pretty hot right now - it may be more expensive than it was a year ago. Great game, though, and a good intro board.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
spambot bumped it first... then the spam post got deleted. heh