SSVS - boards and questions

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
OK, so I am probably going to sell this soon.

I noticed today that the "blood" looks white or something. I really hope my version is not censored. I have noticed that there are fatalities and people getting chopped in half, so maybe i'm just seeing the wrong stuff with the wrong players.

Can someone tell me if it's even possible to have a NON-boot, censored SSVS MVS cart??

Anyways, here are the boards.

Board 1:
ssvs1.jpg

And Board 2:
ssvs2.jpg

SSS

neo retired
the mvs version was never "fixed" AFAIK, like some of the homecarts were. What are you running it in? It's probably your bios, if you are using unibios, set it in arcade, USA. Then load up the soft dip and ensure vioence is on level 3.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yup, white blood usually indicates a US setting in the bios.

SSS

neo retired
Yup, white blood usually indicates a US setting in the bios.

I have a stock US six slot, and a european 4 slot. both with original bios. SSVS works percetly fine in both. I think it has more to do with some people setting it to home mode. Even then, I think the newer unibios have an enable blood code in the cheat menu.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
ok thanks.

So it's a bios thing.
I have universe bios 2.3

Not sure how to set the dips.. but it's white blood no matter what region I use. I opened up the in-game menu though and selected "Enable Red Blood" and it worked so I guess that's good.

The buyer just wanted to make sure the game isn't a censored version and I was under the impression that there were no MVS censored carts.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Oh yeah...

what about the boards? They look pretty legit to me.

Thx for all your help.

SSS

neo retired
Oh yeah...

what about the boards? They look pretty legit to me.

Thx for all your help.

boards look legit. To access the dips, hold BCD while powering up, or after resetting the board. This will bring you to the hardware test menu. Scroll down to set the soft dips, hit A. select ssvs and you should see numerous options for gameplay. set violence to level 3. press C to back out to main menu, scoll down to exit and hit a. board will then reset.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
That's all well and good, but I only play in home mode now that I have a Unibios. Use the cheats or change your region. Don't change to MVS. You'll lose your home pause and options. I only switch to MVS mode to credit-feed a game that has no unlimited credits cheat. I played an MVS with an original bios for long enough, and I never want to see arcade mode again.

SSS

neo retired
That's all well and good, but I only play in home mode now that I have a Unibios. Use the cheats or change your region. Don't change to MVS. You'll lose your home pause and options. I only switch to MVS mode to credit-feed a game that has no unlimited credits cheat. I played an MVS with an original bios for long enough, and I never want to see arcade mode again.

you can pause easily enough in MVS simply by pulling up the cheat menu. all the options are in the soft dip anyway. the only reason for home mode is if a game has a practice mode.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Nope. Not good enough. I like AES. It's the way the games were meant to be played at home.