hanzotb2.jpg

ukyo5xfixgp7.png

jubeitest2.png

hanzo-ss1white.jpg

mai3.jpg

Last edited:

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Those are awesome, keep it up! I especially like the Jubei and Mai ones.

SSS

neo retired
cool, I'd really love to see you trace each frame in a stance animation while the characters standing idle. and make an hd gif out of it.

poot

n00b
thanks. glad you guys like them!

cool, I'd really love to see you trace each frame in a stance animation while the characters standing idle. and make an hd gif out of it.

i've done that before but not with an snk sprite yet. i was in the middle of one with a samsho2 galford sprite during his idle animation so i might go back and finish that one. here's one that i've done a while ago. it's adon from sf alpha series.

EDIT: uploaded it to imageshack because it doesn't over compress stuff
adon.gif

Last edited:

ilazul

Enemy Chaser
goddamn.

Please tell me you plan on doing a chun one.

You're better than udon already :tickled:

SSS

neo retired
that's awesome. i'd love to see one for the hanzo and jubei as well. ss3 had the best color palette and most frames of animation for the characters.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Excellent!

I, too, like the Jubei one. . . not that he's a favorite character of mine. I just like your take.

Lots of fun stuff all around! Thanks :)

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
That Adon animation is really cool. I'd love to see more of those and maybe of some character winposes? Do you take any requests?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
thanks. glad you guys like them!

i've done that before but not with an snk sprite yet. i was in the middle of one with a samsho2 galford sprite during his idle animation so i might go back and finish that one. here's one that i've done a while ago. it's adon from sf alpha series.

EDIT: uploaded it to imageshack because it doesn't over compress stuff
adon.gif

How is it possible for some amateur to create a better looking HD version of an old sprite than Udon/Backbone???

This is pretty good!

I like it.

And it further exposes the fact that Capcom hired the wrong people to remake SF2.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Holy shit, that really does look better than HDR.

Good work poot!

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Looks very nice. The only criticism I'd offer up is that you shouldn't restrict yourself solely to the original's color palette. Doubling it wouldn't be a bad idea, if just to keep that classic feel, while allowing you to make the color gradations more natural-looking. What looks fine in low-res can look downright jarring in HD. :) Excellent work, though.

poot

n00b
thanks again for the compliments everybody. i don't take requests at the moment but i might make an animated HD sprite for a samsho character soon. if you'd like to see other characters, both snk and capcom related, you can go to http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=142641

Looks very nice. The only criticism I'd offer up is that you shouldn't restrict yourself solely to the original's color palette. Doubling it wouldn't be a bad idea, if just to keep that classic feel, while allowing you to make the color gradations more natural-looking. What looks fine in low-res can look downright jarring in HD. :) Excellent work, though.

the reason i used the original color palette is because my monitor sucks and original stuff i draw and color looks totally different on other peoples monitors.

i wish i could double the amount of colors used but it would take much longer, especially if i wanted to animate it. who knows though. if i find a better work flow that could save me some time i'd love to add more detail.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Those are pretty damn good, if not a little cartoony looking, but thats mostly a product your use of heavy outlines and solid shading / limited pallette.

That updated Adon really does point out the animation flaws in the original though. Look at his shorts, hair and arm bands. The movements make no sense.

poot

n00b
i'm not the only one who contributed on that link. i put their names first and then list their edits.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
This looks amazing. Way better than anything seen on HD Remix. Gongrats on your work!really,really good.
The Adon animation made me want to connect an arcade stick to my laptop. I want to play that!

poot

n00b
This looks amazing. Way better than anything seen on HD Remix. Gongrats on your work!really,really good.
The Adon animation made me want to connect an arcade stick to my laptop. I want to play that!

lol, same here. i'm currently working on a nakoruru animated sprite using vectors. i might raster it later to see what it looks like pixelated. i'll upload some of my progress soon.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Excellent looking work! The animated Adon is the most impressive, but I like the Samurai Spirits stuff too.

You should send some samples to Capcom and SNK--ya never know what could happen . . .

poot

n00b
why is it that almost everytime i post i get a message telling me that a mod has to check my post first and will post it for me later?