Emulation status

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
WTF! I was just congratulating the guy on his progress, goddamn! And for future refrence, I don't give a shit about my rank. I really don't give an effing shit. What I do give a shit about is playing hyper 64 games! Jesus Christ! Sorry, but honestly, WTF!

Congratulating a guy who is posting information from another guy (the one actually doing the work) on a forum that the original guy probably doesn't even no exists.

Real classy, rommie. How bout you go and buy the actual hardware if you want to play the games?

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
MAME 0.137 fixes the "barcode glitch" which previously made some 2D layers super stretched, resembling a barcode.
This fixes the following SSAZ issues:
-After 1st stage of single player mode is cleared, Yuga's face now shows properly.
-Backgrounds on 3rd (portal) and 4th (fire) arenas are now displayed correctly (so now you can see the portal, city, etc)
-Mist on 9th (gandara plant) arena and moving clouds on 10th (yuga's) arena are now displayed correctly
http://spirits.kaillera.ru/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10812&p=15006#p15006

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
MAME 0.137u1 is out. You can download GUI version at http://www.mameui.info/
List of changes:
hng64 : Lighting calculations are now more accurate. [Andrew Gardner]

Previous versions of MAME added 3D lighting but too bright, so this one changes level of lighting and character models look not so bleached/white right now (if anything, they look closer to what they were before lighting was implemented).

EDIT: Comparison

Upper picture - MAME 0.136u3 revision, no lighting was implemented yet.
Lower picture - MAME 0.137u1 with lighting in current state after lighting brightness fix

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Impressive progress. Soon I assume I'll be able to make an informed decision as to whether or not buying a Hyper is worth the cash.