Questions about the Hyper Neo Geo 64?

EvilSpants

n00b
Just a few questions that I have, as I am new to the whole arcade owning aspect. I have had this strange fascination with the Hyper Neo for quite some time, mostly based around my time playing the port of Fatal Fury Wild Ambition on PS1.

I basically want to own the hardware so that I can play the fighters on the system. I am aware there are two hardware revisions. It seems that revision 2 is the version to get.

My question is, since I move around a lot, should I build a Super Gun, or consolize the system. Any ideas?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Consolizing a Hyper 64 is retarded. The fighting mobo only has 4 games to choose from, driving only 2 games and shooting only 1 game.

If the Hyper had 20 games then I would have consolized one for myself but with only 4 titles it's best to build a supergun.

SSS

neo retired
Just a few questions that I have, as I am new to the whole arcade owning aspect. I have had this strange fascination with the Hyper Neo for quite some time, mostly based around my time playing the port of Fatal Fury Wild Ambition on PS1.

I basically want to own the hardware so that I can play the fighters on the system. I am aware there are two hardware revisions. It seems that revision 2 is the version to get.

My question is, since I move around a lot, should I build a Super Gun, or consolize the system. Any ideas?

You're rob's friend, right? I found the remains of my first supergun build. It was designed for neo geo old style sticks and used a MAS encoder with svideo and audio hookups on board. All it needs is a PSU (I think I have one somewhere I can sell you for cheap) You can have it for free it you want it. It's pretty crude in design, but it was functional and I used it with my hyper.

EvilSpants

n00b
Consolizing a Hyper 64 is retarded. The fighting mobo only has 4 games to choose from, driving only 2 games and shooting only 1 game.

If the Hyper had 20 games then I would have consolized one for myself but with only 4 titles it's best to build a supergun.

Gotcha man, I hear. Just gonna Super Gun it.

I would put it on wheels before I'd consolize it. Add a handle and drag it around like a wagon.

EvilSpants

n00b
I would put it on wheels before I'd consolize it. Add a handle and drag it around like a wagon.

Yeah...the hardware just seems to be not quite popular, but I have like I have mentioned I am sorta intrigued by it.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
It would be cool to collect from a hardware perspective, but that actual games are garbage imo. You can get a mobo with all the games pretty cheap these days.

I think it's cool hardware for sure. I had fun with a few of the games but haven't broken it out in a while.

It's built like a tank.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Instead of consolizing it you can always just enclose it and have the jamma edge exposed or relocated to use with your supergun.

EvilSpants

n00b
Yeah, those are all great suggestions. I am going to probably scoop up the motherboard soon, along with the games.