TEKKEN 6 ~~~~~

Reality Check

World Hero
I got to get back to playing this online. Lately I only been playing with my Tekken circle. Opethian, PSN tag on my sig.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Good stuff, I need more experience against Leo players since I've only played 2 of them.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I got this for PS3 now, PSN id is napharris. I'm thinking about making a different account though, I don't like that name. Is it possible to change your account id?

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
It's not possible to change your PSN ID so if you wanna change it I suggest you do it now before you get too many friends on your friend's list.

I seriously wanna change mine because I don't like using "SMX-001" because people don't recognize it. I use "SPINMASTER X" for EVERYTHING except for capoeira related stuff. stupid ass PSN doesn't allow you to use a name too close to the email address you proved and my email address is "spinmaster_x". It pisses me off so much.

I really don't feel like losing everything just to make a new name.

Last edited:

Silky Johnson

Zero's Tailor
It's not possible to change your PSN ID so if you wanna change it I suggest you do it now before you get too many friends on your friend's list.

I seriously wanna change mine because I don't like using "SMX-001" because people don't recognize it. I use "SPINMASTER X" for EVERYTHING except for capoeira related stuff. stupid ass PSN doesn't allow you to use a name too close to the email address you proved and my email address is "spinmaster_x". It pisses me off so much.

I really don't feel like losing everything just to make a new name.

I have added you. Just waiting for your confirmation, my friend. :)

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
ok cool TokyoSama. Feng Wei awaits you hehehehehehe

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Should finally get my new laser installed tonight or tomorrow and be playing almost all day tomorrow.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
Is this game considered balanced for tournament play? With 40+ characters sometimes balance is lost. I'm especially looking at Baek. As others have mentioned, he's a really easy character to win with. I'm casual about fighting games online, and even I can beat people that otherwise would beat me if I was using anyone else. Anyone heard anything about the balance?

Otherwise GREAT game as far as I can tell! Well worth the $30 I paid for it and I wouldn't even feel too bad if I paid full price. Glad they fixed the online, and since I got it after the patch I never even experienced bad lag. Gotta give Namco credit for making a game with 40+ characters. It feels almost complete. I wish Capcom would do that with SF4 instead of making people buy multiple versions of the game.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Is this game considered balanced for tournament play? With 40+ characters sometimes balance is lost. I'm especially looking at Baek. As others have mentioned, he's a really easy character to win with. I'm casual about fighting games online, and even I can beat people that otherwise would beat me if I was using anyone else. Anyone heard anything about the balance?

Otherwise GREAT game as far as I can tell! Well worth the $30 I paid for it and I wouldn't even feel too bad if I paid full price. Glad they fixed the online, and since I got it after the patch I never even experienced bad lag. Gotta give Namco credit for making a game with 40+ characters. It feels almost complete. I wish Capcom would do that with SF4 instead of making people buy multiple versions of the game.

It's surprisingly pretty damn balanced. The only 2 characters who you almost never see in tournament play are Zafina and Yoshimitsu. When you watch high level tournament videos you will see a range of characters being used. Baek can be a bastard in the hands of a newb and even worse in the hands of an expert. He still isn't ranked as high as Steve or Law though.

The balance actually stems from the fact that even the somewhat "weaker" characters have massive damage potential especially on stages with walls. I use a mid tier character and I've consistently destroyed characters ranked higher than mine and I've also been destroyed by characters ranked lower than my character.

There does exist a problem that we are arguing about on Tekken Zaibatsu right now. The damage potential of everyone is a problem. Ever since Tekken 5 came out it's like all you need is 2 juggles or so to win a battle. so basically if you make 2 mistakes you will lose given your opponent knows how to capitalize on it. This was not a problem before in previous installments of Tekken.

It's still a damn good game and I commend namco but Tekken 6 is teetering on the edge of pissing off a large portion of it's fanbase. This is a very tight and refined game but if Namco makes these juggles just 1 hit longer, half of the fanbase is gonna quit.

I took this from TekkenZaibatsu:
As of October 06, 2009:

A+ = Steve, Law, Bob
AAA = Bryan, Paul, Julia, Lars, Lili
AA = Bruce, Baek, King (says NIN), Jack, Eddy, Feng, Nina
A- = Roger, A.King, Heihachi, Kaz, D.Jin, Christie, Anna, Miguel, Leo, Lee, Alisa
B+ = Lei, Dragunov, Marduk, Jin, Asuka, Ganryu,
B = Hwo, Ling, Wang
B- = Yoshimitsu. Raven, Bears
C+ = Mokujin. Zafina

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Well, the bound system needs tweeking imo. Its great that they lowered the damage on the traditional combos, but when you put the bound in play and make the damage potential go up overall its a moot point. Honestly, they need to trash the rage damage, lessen potential wall damage (especially multi wall splats) and get rid of the floor breaks. This isn't DoA and it doesn't have to have stages that mimick it to stay alive. Overall though I love T6 and if anyone got it for $30 I say they got a great deal.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
yup, they copied the bounce idea from Virtua Fighter but added some Tekken Spice to it and what you get is extra extra damage. Bounce and Rage are highly controversial topics over at TZ.com right. Half want them gone the other half want them to stay. If it was up to me, rage would be totally gone and the bounce could stay ONLY if it was exactly like the VF bounce. I'm such a VF nut.

There are a couple of long ass threads over there about the tiers, what you hate, and improvements and man they are getting UGLY hahaha. It's like a 3 way battle of scrubs vs veterans vs new school top players.

Me being from the oldschool I want it to go back to the Tekken Tag days when the gravity was stronger and the juggles were harder. The juggles in this game are like 50/50 some are ungodly hard and some are too easy and unfortunately some of the ones that are too easy are damaging as fuck. My character struggles to get good damage despite his moves all being powerhouse moves, I guess it's all there for looks but some motherfuckers like Bryan Fury, omg, this guy pisses out damage like it's nothing

Look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-oBnpVxgHQ
This bastard's weakest combo on that video was 65 damage! Most of those combos on there did more than 70 damage! They aren't too terribly hard to do at all and he didn't even need a wall!!! A lot of us oldschool veterans aren't too happy with how tekken has turned out since tekken 4. In tekken 4 the damage was super duper low but it was buggy as hell, then 5 and DR come out and it's tight and refined but the damage is off the charts and it follows on to 6 and BR

This installment of Tekken is damn good to me, but they are really walkin on thin ice. The next installment of Tekken needs to have Tekken Tag level juggles. If they go any further, I'm leaving and so is the rest of the Tekken fanbase that made this game what it is.

Last edited:

Reality Check

World Hero
I think the bounce system is just fine. I can't use it to it's potential yet but I love the combo possibilities of it. My only gripe with it is that some people I play online seem to fish for it.

I'm indifferent about rage. It hasn't made a big difference in any match I played.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
PS3 seems to be up and running. Will add some of you folks to my friend requests. Still copying over my old saves and what not right now. God, can't copy SF4 shit. Have to unlock everyone all over again... sigh.

When it comes to overly damaging combos I think they need to tone it down so no single juggle drops more than 40% off a life bar. I have seen Bryan and Paul do a wall splat from a pop up that started from the middle of a stage and get a 50% juggle out of it which can then set Bryan up for the knee taunt wake up game. Its getting silly, but arguably the finishers for combos in Tekken 3 were almost as brutal. I played Paul back then and I recall taking almost 50 off a bar with the right pop up that lead to a Death Fist.

I am also wondering if tournament players who are cornered aren't using throws that swap position when countered to put their opponent in a 50-50 situation. Take the throw damage and possibly get cornered or reverse the throw and surely end up there? I saw that new Knee vid on Youtube and at one point he did that to the other guy. I just don't know if it was a strategic move or he just went for a grab that got reversed and as a perk it got Knee out of a jam and put the other guy with his back to the wall.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Asmoday I agree with basically everything you just wrote. The damage needs to go down. The killer is they took the damage down in BR but i guess it was just the damage from standing moves/combos and not juggles.

Tekken 3 did have some busted ass shit in it. The japanese versions were the most busted. Jin had that glitch that would let him just keep going with his juggles. Our version didn't have that glitch but the damage still wasn't nice either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6H1AU49TDo OMG!

I think the bounce system is just fine. I can't use it to it's potential yet but I love the combo possibilities of it. My only gripe with it is that some people I play online seem to fish for it.

I'm indifferent about rage. It hasn't made a big difference in any match I played.
It seems great until someone juggles you to a wall and uses the bounce next to it and takes a huge chunk off of your life bar. I'm all for fancy juggles but there has to be a point where it ends and Tekekn 6 is at that point.

I've actually lost and come back from a bunch of matches using rage. Some guy at Tekken Zaibatsu came up with the idea that rage should be changed to something just like your supercharge where everything is counter hit and lasts for the same time as a supercharge and I thought that that was a neat idea.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Hey Spin, you have any Tekken 2 videos? Matches or good combo videos.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Well, they did tone down the damage from combos (by adjusting the % removed per extra hit if I recall) from DR to BR so the same combos do less now, but they added bound which put it right back where they started once a player learns the better bound follow ups. I wondered back before the game even came out in the arcade how that would balance out. The result, everyone does the same damage they did in DR, but it takes a couple more button presses to do it thus more chance for the player to fuck it up. At high level play that doesn't happen a ton so you still see 65-70 damage combos that looked guaranteed without a wall in the mix.

I am on right now messing with training mode to relearn stuff I haven't tried in a month.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Hey Spin, you have any Tekken 2 videos? Matches or good combo videos.
I've honestly never seen Tekken 2 match video because that game is almost unplayable with 2 people for a couple of reaasons. The Techroll is slower than a snail and you can't even escape throws in that game! But God do I love this game. The music is just so awesome.

Combos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNKTujPFYWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edpQZdPDQpY

Matches(actually a playthrough with Heihachi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTJt55hlgq4

Bonus Tekken 1 instant death combos!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fq6wOVnniA

Well, they did tone down the damage from combos (by adjusting the % removed per extra hit if I recall) from DR to BR
I think you mixed some stuff up. DR improved the bullshit from 5, I'm not sure if they readjusted the damage, moreso the tiers and glitches. Then Tekken 6 came out and it had super high fuckin damage plus the new bounce feature and many characters had near full life combos then they released Tekken 6 BR(same as the console 6) and that took the damage percentage down.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Yeah, Tekken 2 was the first one I really got into, I never really had any competition but I could actually play single player non stop back in the day. And I agree about the music, I think its probably the best in the entire series.

I love that Tekken 1 combo vid too. I never knew that game had such nasty shit in it. Always liked the baseball stadium background too.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
yeah man It's like Tekken will never have a soundtrack that will outdo the Tekken 2 soundtrack. All of the soundtracks combined after tekken 2 still come 2nd to Tekken 2's

btw i'm online now having a match of epic proportions with a King/Armor King player. This is some good shit. I wish we had more slots open in this room so you guys could come in.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Good games to Asmoday and Reality Check. I didn't know Neo-Geo.com had some Tekken players! Asmoday I swear your Bryan is gonna be sick in a couple of weeks, not a month. Reality Check, we'll definitely continue the Feng vs Alisa epic battles!

p.s. I hate Alisa

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Yeah, I just need to spend some time working on a few fundamentals that I have neglected for a long time and get used to the new engine. After that I think I will be solid. I sincerely want to get to a point where I can challenge your Feng as quickly as I can. I also want to develope that Bruce a tad more, but he doesn't have as many tricks at his disposal. I may put him down and take a harder look at King as my secondary character.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Are you guys playing this PSN or XBL? I wanna grow with you guys, I think my Lili and King can bring some serious comp to the table.