TEKKEN 6 ~~~~~

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
so how the hell is the netcode on T6 these days?

the patch do any good?

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
so how the hell is the netcode on T6 these days?

the patch do any good?
That patch is a 15mb piece of heaven.

let's put it this way. I thought KOF XII was the shit. Both games had shitty online though. SNKP released a 700 mb patch that didn't do shit. Namco released a 15mb patch that let me play my friends in France with minimal lag. KOF XII is dead to me.

The farthest I've played someone with no lag was my friend in New Brunswick, Canada and I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. That's a Helluva long way to play a graphic intensive game and have no lag whatsoever.

From time to time I play my brother who lives in northern Japan. When we play there is like about half a second of input lag. That ain't bad considering the distance we live away from each other..

Silky Johnson

Zero's Tailor
That patch is a 15mb piece of heaven.

let's put it this way. I thought KOF XII was the shit. Both games had shitty online though. SNKP released a 700 mb patch that didn't do shit. Namco released a 15mb patch that let me play my friends in France with minimal lag. KOF XII is dead to me.

The farthest I've played someone with no lag was my friend in New Brunswick, Canada and I live on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. That's a Helluva long way to play a graphic intensive game and have no lag whatsoever.

From time to time I play my brother who lives in northern Japan. When we play there is like about half a second of input lag. That ain't bad considering the distance we live away from each other..

I just ordered today Tekken 6 from the UK. Soon you shall fear Bosco no Witch.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I just ordered today Tekken 6 from the UK. Soon you shall fear Bosco no Witch.

I hate that damn character but that just makes me fight her harder. You'll see soon why people fear Feng Wei.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Do most of you play this on PS3? I have it on 360 but I just got a copy of Silent Hill Shattered Memories for Christmas and I'm thinking about returning it for T6 on PS3.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I play on both systems. It's just I keep my 360 in the living room for my mom to play. I can't say what the majority of players play on though but I'd just guess the PS3 cuz it's free and Tekken has traditionally been a Playstation game.

BTW whats your PSN name? Mine is in the sig

Silky Johnson

Zero's Tailor
I play on both systems. It's just I keep my 360 in the living room for my mom to play. I can't say what the majority of players play on though but I'd just guess the PS3 cuz it's free and Tekken has traditionally been a Playstation game.

BTW whats your PSN name? Mine is in the sig

I'm going to add you now btw. When my T6 arrives you better be damn ready! :mad:

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I just want you to know that you are going to hate playing me in Tekken.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
cool, if the lag has been patched pretty well, i'll give it a try

i'll pick this up for THAT TRIPLE

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I just want you to know that you are going to hate playing me in Tekken.

I expect I will get my ass handed to me a number of times before I get back into the feel of the game as well, but that never makes me hate playing someone. Its an opportunity to learn new matchups. Who you playing these days Spin? You said you mained Chr/Eddie or Feng Wei before I could swear.

Update, postal service is slow as shit this time of year so my new laser still isn't in. Maybe tomorrow.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I mained Feng Wei. I've never been a Eddy/Christie player. They annoy the shit outta me actually. I think people associate me with those 2 because I do capoeira. Who do you use?

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Truth. This is the reason I'm not even going to bother picking up the game.

If you ever picked up Tekken you'd be a nasty motherfucker because of the way your mind works. I know this.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I mained Feng Wei. I've never been a Eddy/Christie player. They annoy the shit outta me actually. I think people associate me with those 2 because I do capoeira. Who do you use?

I am one of those who never really chose a "main". In 6 I have found Bruce and Bryan easiest to adapt to since all I had to do was learn new juggles while the fundamentals stayed the same, but I play a large portion of the roster depending on my mood. I am not good with many of them with all of the changes, but I still like to do a little character select screen roullette to change the pace a little. If you are on a practiced main I probably won't flip flop all over the place too much, but if you want to try some new people out I would enjoy doing the same.

My core group that saw at least 80% of my play time included Bryan, Bruce, Wang, Paul, Nina, King, Armor King, Devil Jin, Heihachi and Law in the previous games. I really want to put some time into Leo and Miguel, but I barely skimmed the surface before my system broke.

Since the patch has it become possible to throw counter? Lag was way too terrible for that when I last played.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
that's my only problem right now since tekken 6 came out, I only know how to play 1 character. In previous Tekkens except for DR and 5(I kinda got outta tekken during that time) I used to play a range of characters. Since they changed a lot in 6 I dropped ALL OF THEM and decided to main Feng however my secondary character is Baek but don't get it twisted, I suck with him so bad it's not even funny.

So if we do play I'd like to screw around with some new blood cuz playing Feng all day and all night does get old especially against people who are a bit rusty cuz he can be a handful especially on a wall stage.

You're gonna see the worst Baek and Dragunov in the history of Tekken.

About the patch, yeah it's possible to do throw escapes and everything else you'd do in a face to face match. Even in matches with a lil lag I've escaped throws.

p.s. last week I played this guy who could use a large portion of the cast but I totally destroyed each and every one of his characters and he sends me a message saying "pick somebody else you fuckin bum".

Last edited:

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
If you haven't already check out some of the videos of Aris playing Dragunov. He is impressive. Made me think about adding him to my roster, but someone has to come off for that to happen. Its a bit bloated and I don't have the time to devote to mastering characters I once had.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I've never seen Aris play Dragunov but I have met an indestructable Dragunov online by the name of V1CK V3G4 (Vick Vega). This dude pretty much raped me then wiped it off on my face. After Vick beat my ass I just sat in my chair and stared at the screen for a good minute or two because I had to soak in what just happened.

To make him even scarier Vick's only customization is a skull face and Military hat. So when you see this motherfucker you'll know he means business. I have yet to find someone who's beaten him.

I'll go check out Aris. I have nothing but respect for Dragunov players because he's the kind of character that takes a long time to learn to play properly. He's like a Virtua Fighter Character trapped in Tekken IMHO.

Last edited:

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Well, Aris won the T6 release tourney in Cali that Markman hosted and I think he came in top 8 at the recent socal/norcal event. I caught both those on Ufrag live. Really made me want to learn the character seeing him played like that. I never knew anyone that could use him since he was sort of gimped in DR, but he has legit power in 6.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I had heard about him before I had just never watched his videos until you mentioned it. I wasn't super duper impressed with what I saw especially after getting raped and hearing other's testaments of getting raped by vick vega, but he's damn good though. Probably wasn't as impressed because all the videos i saw of him were against guys using Bryan Fury and other combo heavy characters.

That's awesome that he won the release party tournament. I'm sure that tourney was full of Lili and Alisa players waiting to scrub the hell out of everyone. I guarantee there were more than enough Law players too which is something to brag about because I'd think Law would be a nightmare for dragunov.

I was more impressed by the fact it looked like his mother was Chang Koehan and his father was Zangief.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Just played genjiglove on the xbox and for some reason there was some serious lag when I hosted it. When he hosted it the lag was better but there was a slight delay and I couldn't hit my good combos for shit and genji's Bryan was punchin my head off LOL.

it's so weird because Genji only lives in Indiana and there was some input lag on the Xbox. on PSN I play my friend in New Brunswick Canada and I can hit all of my combos with no problem. Also when I play my brother in Japan I have about the same amount of input lag as when I hosted the game. That is so weird.

When I played Genji in HD Remix I remember getting jabbed out of my throws with T.Hawk so there has to be something wrong with my connection to him.

Even though this is my first day of playing Tekken 6 online with the Xbox I'd say PSN has this one. My ranked matches i played before playing genji were ok but I still say PSN's is better.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Yeah, I think if we were playing offline matches without the lag I would have been lucky to scrape out a single victory. Your Feng had me seeing stars. What was up with the BAM and KRAK comic book effects when Feng hit me, is that something you can buy for him? It looks pretty cool, I like how customizable the characters are in T6. Makes it more interesting than seeing the same guy over and over again. I love my Zombie Bryan.

I didn't realize until after we got done playing but my girlfriends laptop was on while we were playing. It was shut and I'm guessing in standby mode but maybe that was slowing us down. Next time I'll shut it off before we start playing.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
@Opethian, yes I play on PSN quite a bit actually. My name's in my sig. By the way where in Alabama do you live? Back in the day Mobile had a couple of badass Tekken players. My friends used to play a lot of DR with them.

What was up with the BAM and KRAK comic book effects when Feng hit me, is that something you can buy for him? It looks pretty cool, I like how customizable the characters are in T6. Makes it more interesting than seeing the same guy over and over again. I love my Zombie Bryan.

I didn't realize until after we got done playing but my girlfriends laptop was on while we were playing. It was shut and I'm guessing in standby mode but maybe that was slowing us down. Next time I'll shut it off before we start playing.

Those comic book hit effects are something you get by playing through Scenario Campaign mode. Once you beat a certain part then I think everyone can have it and not just the character that you used to unlock it.

Yeah customizations do add a lot more variety to characters. Unfortunately TekKen 6 doesn't have as many as Tekken DR did but there'll be DLC in the future.

I like that Zombie Bryan you have too, He looks intimidating as fuck. Have you see that Bryan stuff that lets him look like some kind of crazy ass military robot? Some dude had that shit on and he beat my fuckin ass.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I haven't seen that Bryan stuff yet, but I am working on making Law look like Kenshiro. Blue sleeveless leather jacket, red muscle shirt, leather pants, white bandages on arms, brown used boots.