TEKKEN 6 ~~~~~

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I tried to make this thread the other day while I was in Baltimore, but for some reason it wouldn't fucking work. Anyways, this game is the fucking shit! The graphics are amazing (I turned off the motion blur btw which apparently bumps the resolution to 720p).

Online is sweet, I really haven't experienced too much lag, and even when I did, it really didn't bother me that much. Of course, I'm playing with my hrap 2SA so shit is silky smooth. I don't understand why more people aren't talking about this. I mean, of course this is neo-geo.com so maybe 3d isn't everybody's thing, but we talk about everything else. I'm gonna be playing this later or else Uncharted 2, message me if you wanna get your ass kicked.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I will give online with you a try if you are around later on. So far all I have only played with Reality Check and some random people and the results have been less than favorable, but if I find someone I can play with less than 1 second lag and dropped inputs I would love to play the hell out of this online.

Reality Check

World Hero
Like Asmoday, Online hasn't been me any favors. The matches I play with him wasn't too bad until other people joined the room. Whenever I do rank or quick match I'm always put into a lagfest. While not unplayable it should be better. I hope they release another patch.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I honestly think its going to be like DR where you have to play someone local to have a connection that is even tolerable and the best case scenario will still have you missing button presses and dropping juggles unless you can mash through them. I don't expect to ever be able to do a full 9 hit that requires timing online after experimenting with the game.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Got some rounds in with Snair today and though we are fairly distant from each other the lag wasn't so bad once I got used to it. I could pull off simple juggles and never felt like i was reacting to something that had already happened. I don't really know what causes the online in this game to be good or bad from one match to another. Our connection showed as green throughout most of the session, only slipping to yellow on rare ocassions.

Lite

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Has anybody gotten their hands on the wireless stick that comes with the limited edition copy of Tekken 6? I'm wondering if it would be worth it to pay the extra money since I don't have an arcade stick for my PS3.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Has anybody gotten their hands on the wireless stick that comes with the limited edition copy of Tekken 6? I'm wondering if it would be worth it to pay the extra money since I don't have an arcade stick for my PS3.

I would just get a Hori RAP3 or SF4 TE stick if I were you. I don't think the stick is inherantly bad or anything, but I wouldn't use a wireless controller for fighters. Its also a lot smaller than the other sticks on the market and feels a tad flimsy. The good news is its far lighter than the SF4 TE one. I am not a stick expert or anything so I have no clue what specific buttons or brand of stick is in there though.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Good games. I should be on later today some time too. Thanks for the advice as well.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I did get the wireless stick and I tried playing online and it was lagrimosa, but still I udes the stick to play HD Remix and it fared pretty well, I did notice just a slight delay when playing folks with a higher pin but if you stay under a 100 then no worries. Also the hardware in it is Hori so don't get your hopes up that is better hardware than the MC TE stick. I haven't opened it yet, but when I do I'll keep you guys posted with hardware upgrade notes.

Well worth the money specially if you want to use it on your PC as well. I'm thiking of getting a second one and have that as my main setup for 360, it looks classy as hell, too bad is eight buttons though but at least the layout for the first six is classic HRAP second wave, not the first wave of HRAP which sucked!

matrimelee

Hardened Shock Trooper
I've had lag in SOME matches, not all. I pwned all with Baek, for a couple of hours.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I've had lag in SOME matches, not all. I pwned all with Baek, for a couple of hours.

Baek, Chreddy, and Hwo make perfect mashers for a lagfest since you can win with their stock kick combos and they all have juggles that can be mashed out. Try that same connection with a character that requires input delays and stance cancels like Leo to pull off juggling and you will see how good the online really is.

KenDong

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm going to purchase this one, and ready to get my ass kicked due to lack of experience on 3d fighting versus.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I would just get a Hori RAP3 or SF4 TE stick if I were you. I don't think the stick is inherantly bad or anything, but I wouldn't use a wireless controller for fighters. Its also a lot smaller than the other sticks on the market and feels a tad flimsy. The good news is its far lighter than the SF4 TE one. I am not a stick expert or anything so I have no clue what specific buttons or brand of stick is in there though.

it is inherently bad

there's nothing really wrong with using a wireless stick for fighters, as lag on wireless controllers is pretty much zero these days

but the components for this stick are pretty cheap, you're just paying extra for the wireless

get a wireless custom made if you must have wireless

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Lets just say I am unimpressed with my PS3 controller that came with the system when used sans wire. It doesn't constantly have any lag, but it does drop connection sometimes and if I were in a tournament setting I would definitely lose that round as a result.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I was planning on getting this and still probably will, but the talk of bad netcode and the fact that uncharted 2 looked really great made me put it off untill i hear confirmation that the patch fixed it.

KOF XII has made me less gung ho to run out and get a new fighter before seeing what the netcode is like :(.

Reality Check

World Hero
Netcode is entirely bad. If you stay away from quick matches you increase your chances of getting a stable connection. Game is still playable with the lag unlike KoFXII

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Netcode is entirely bad. If you stay away from quick matches you increase your chances of getting a stable connection. Game is still playable with the lag unlike KoFXII

That is entirely dependant on your character choice. Some people can still juggle through lag, but a character that relies on a lot of canceling to continue comboes like Leo or percise timing of moves based on when they hit like Paul forget it.

Reality Check

World Hero
That is entirely dependant on your character choice. Some people can still juggle through lag, but a character that relies on a lot of canceling to continue comboes like Leo or percise timing of moves based on when they hit like Paul forget it.

Guess I'm lucky. I main Lars, Alisa and Lili and don't suffer from those problems.

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
I still have yet to try online. I imagine it to be no better than DR.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I had a bunch of issues with lag. im not a tekken master or anything, but i can win 1 or 2 matches here and there; but im usually getting raped because the game slooooows down so it can synch with the other player

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I haven't played it online because I'm part of a tekken crew so there is comp around here, matter of fact I'm heading to a Tournament in New Orleans on Saturday.

I just have this horrible fear of trying it online. Maybe one day I'll give it a whirl

Kim Kaphwan

Member,
20 Year Member
Two second input lag was owning me hard. All my matches were like that. Downloading ghost is the only route for now.

Spectre

Banned
Wooo, loving Tekken 6 right now. Have only played a couple of games online, lag was pretty bad in all but 1. Still managed to win plenty by just button mashing away, but its far from competitive. I suck anyway, so have been playing offline in the meantime playing with Law. I have no idea if he is considered a competitive character, but I just play for fun anyway.

Have just laid down £80 on a sfiv te stick, should be here early next week, can't wait. Hopefully I can finally clear nightmare train before then, damn gargoyle shitfest!