Modern Warfare 2

Modern Warfare 2

• Total voters

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
No dedicated servers?

May as well play it on the console.

If I was to still play it, I'd still get it on PC due to the controls (you know my stance on that :drool:) They aren't getting my money though unless they add dedicated servers.

Where's the fuck Activision and fuck Infinity Ward option?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I don't even know why people would want to play it on the PC. Too many hackers. I tried once but then when I was killed across the map from a damn handgun is when I quit. Fucking aimbot plus they have that heatvision cheat, too.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They should just get rid of the ability to jump. Make you hit A to climb over shit.

I agree. Instead of jump maybe A can climb over shit that's within like 2 feet of you instead of having to be 4 inches from something to jump over it.

I was thinking though that the next installment should use that head tracking from the Wii. So when you turn your head it creates a 3D effect and the camera moves with your head movement. Of course as an option. I think that's the future of the COD series.

If you don't know what I'm talking about here's a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
I played a decent amount of CoD4 on PC, and barely ever ran into cheaters. You find a well run server and cheaters get banned quick.

Plus it's not like hacks don't exist on consoles.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
There isn't many hacks on XBL since MS will ban your IP for running any mods. And that sucks if you pay for the service. No refunds on that.

One thing that was cool about the PC version was the fucking homemade maps, hell yeah. Some were works of art.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I agree. Instead of jump maybe A can climb over shit that's within like 2 feet of you instead of having to be 4 inches from something to jump over it.

I was thinking though that the next installment should use that head tracking from the Wii. So when you turn your head it creates a 3D effect and the camera moves with your head movement. Of course as an option. I think that's the future of the COD series.

If you don't know what I'm talking about here's a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Yeah, being able to turn your head while still aiming your gun in one direction will be great.

You can do that in Arma 2 though thats a PC game.

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
If I was to still play it, I'd still get it on PC due to the controls (you know my stance on that :drool:) They aren't getting my money though unless they add dedicated servers.

Where's the fuck Activision and fuck Infinity Ward option?

It's a hidden option. You select it by purchasing some games from Greenhouse or Stardock.

Alternatively, if you live close to IW's or ActiBlizzEndi's HQ, you can pile up some old AT server towers outside their door to get the message across.

(Taking all bets on how long before the maps and new gameplay code are community-backported to COD4. Deep down it's still the Quake 3 engine; they can't obfuscate it enough to stop this.)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
on consoles you have to worry about modded controllers

Not as much as before. They did an update that only lets it fire so fast. You can still use a modded controller but so far it looks like the accuracy went to shit for them. Before the update there was no recoil for people with modded controllers and now there is it seems. I've only been killed twice by a modded controller since the update. Both times the gun was randomly spurting bullets instead of that 1000 rounds per second rate like before.

I'm happy they did that update. Hopefully MW2 fully fixes the problem to where you can only use a weapon the way it was intended or physically possible.

firehawk71

n00b
yep

thats true i didnt understand why people would take the easy way out and cheat. i like the competition thats what strives me to get better. i do like the modern warfare 2 xbox 360 edition.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
thats true i didnt understand why people would take the easy way out and cheat. i like the competition thats what strives me to get better. i do like the modern warfare 2 xbox 360 edition.

I might get the MW2 360. Ever since that cop dusted my 360 for prints it has been slow and glitchy and laggy like it freezes for a split second. Maybe that fingerprint dust is bridging something.

But I would only buy it if it has upgraded RAM like the Jaspar or better. The dashboard during a game works faster on a Jaspar. I hate it when I am replying to a message before a game and it takes forever to get back to the game screen and by the time I pick my class the game has started.

If this 360 keeps acting up I am going to claim it as damaged on the insurance and get the MW2. This 360 was made in 11/08 so it's not even 1 year old yet.

Maybe I'll blow some canned air in there first.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I picked up COD4 for PS3 for the hell of it. People on PSN are a lot easier than Live.

So what do you guys think of MW2?

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
People on PSN are a lot easier than Live.

Not really, I find it hard to win as much as I did on Xbox Live, I really don't know why either. Not to be big headed but I came 1st on nearly 99% of the games I had on Live and at worst 2nd or 3rd if I joined a game late. I'm kinda thinking the PS3 pad is abit more sensitive compared to the Xbox pad, so it takes me allittle longer to line people up to make the shot. Fuck going back to Live though, Free Online for as much as I play it suits me.

My MW2 is on the way, can't wait to fire it up, just hope its as good as its brother.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
Not really, I find it hard to win as much as I did on Xbox Live, I really don't know why either. Not to be big headed but I came 1st on nearly 99% of the games I had on Live and at worst 2nd or 3rd if I joined a game late. I'm kinda thinking the PS3 pad is abit more sensitive compared to the Xbox pad, so it takes me allittle longer to line people up to make the shot. Fuck going back to Live though, Free Online for as much as I play it suits me.

My MW2 is on the way, can't wait to fire it up, just hope its as good as its brother.

Is there no option to lower the sensitivity on the right stick? I want a PS3 controller that has the concave thumb sticks like an xbox controller. My thumbs sort of slip in position on the PS3 ones.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I don't care for the Dual Shock thumbsticks at all. Never have.

It took me quite some time to get used to them, and the only online game I've ever really played with them is Uncharted 2, where I did alright but I still prefer the shoulder butons plus shoulder triggers instead of two shoulder buttons.

Pulling the trigger just seems more natural when firing or bringing up the sights.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Is there no option to lower the sensitivity on the right stick? I want a PS3 controller that has the concave thumb sticks like an xbox controller. My thumbs sort of slip in position on the PS3 ones.

There's actually a mod for that, you can open up your sixaxis and replace the thumbsticks with some old PS1 or PS2 pads thumbsticks. Seen a tutorial somewhere, but its not too hard to open up and swap them around.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Fuckers invite me on XBL to play some MW2. Multi or Spec Ops or whatever, I don't care; I need to get better at this game. (btw I've done all of Alpha Spec Ops on Veteran so I guess you could say I'm COMPETENT at the game, but I need to play with someone who knows their shit so I can learn).

Kristoff

Another Striker
Picked it up for PC myself. And you know, the dedicated servers would have been nice, but I'm not a huge FPS'er, so maybe their disappearance doesn't have the same impact on me.

I'm at lvl9 right now, but so far the online play has been completely smooth, fast, and cheat free.

Anyone else pick it up on Steam? You should add me to your Friends List and we'll get some games in.

Steam: ReverendCaliber

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The multiplayer is awesome.

I've particularly been enjoying capture the flag.

I'm currently level 40 and finally unlocked the M16.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I bought this on Thursday and haven't done shit with it but I'm off tomorrow. I plan on getting in on this late tonight (12am+ Central). I'd like to give the specOps a try.
:vik:

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
I'd really like to play this online....but I don't want to take a chance with the 360.

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
I have watched enough decent players that stream the game via justin.tv to know they added some very positive aspects to the series along with the bad. I may end up getting it at some point. Maybe a christmas gift, who knows.