Thread: What the fuck is up with all these video ads lately?

Thumbs down What the fuck is up with all these video ads lately?

Goddammit I'm sick of having forced ads on YouTube/other video sites. If it's not an annoying popup that takes up half the screen then it's a forced, 30+second commercial hamfisted in before the video starts. Fuck off Google, I don't want the goddamn Beat It MP3; I just want to watch Michael Jackson lookalikes try to moonwalk.

EDIT: Also, ads that are placed right next to Submit/other important buttons and expand when you go to click on them are the devil.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    You'd think if you had no input on something you wouldn't post in the thread, but .. yeah.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd
    Welcome to an over-commercially-saturated-corporate America, it is only going to get worse. I swear Futurama was on to something when they had commercials sent into your dreams
    God made dirt, and dirt bust yo ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Youtube is free to use for a reason, advertising. Just like TV.
    True but it never used to be that way...seems like this bullshit really started within the past 9 months or so.

I don't understand web ads...I've only ever clicked on one in my entire life, and that was on a site with selective advertising (might've been Penny Arcade). Even if the product looks interesting I'll just Google it.
    You'd think if you had no input on something you wouldn't post in the thread, but .. yeah.

Frenzy Football Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KanYozakura View Post
    True but it never used to be that way...seems like this bullshit really started within the past 9 months or so.

I don't understand web ads...I've only ever clicked on one in my entire life, and that was on a site with selective advertising (might've been Penny Arcade). Even if the product looks interesting I'll just Google it.
    Well, youtube is a business after all, and they are not non-profit. They can do whatever they want with their site. At least they don't make you download that google toolbar, I fucking hate that thing, and it comes packaged with everything!

Quote Originally Posted by neo_geo_aes View Post
    i come here because some friends ninjas from spain say me one person attack me

The web has ads? What, are you using Internet Explorer or something?
    http://adblockplus.org/
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by hype-monkey View Post
    I like her wit.
    But make no mistake, this date is about her reasserting herself as a dominant woman.
    I suggest you show up drunk, make outlandish claims (I invented socks, etc.), and brag about your penis size.
    If all else fails, whip it out and start making rapid yet forceful thrusts in the air and tell her that she'll be missing out on "this" if she doesn't shut her cunty mouth up for a fucking second learn to be whore.
    (1) (2)

Quote Originally Posted by SpamYouToDeath View Post
    The web has ads? What, are you using Internet Explorer or something?
    http://adblockplus.org/
    Yeah, I have that on my main comp but it fucked with my laptop's Firefox too much.

Plus, it doesn't do shit for those stupid forced commercials/song download popups on YouTube.

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.
    Quote Originally Posted by KanYozakura View Post

That's a good example that the ad worked. It got you interested, you googled it. That's what ads are for to gain interest in the product hopefully leading to a sale.

At least before you could just reload the page and it went straight to the video but now it starts no matter what.

Thread Information