Samurai Shodown V Perfect

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Im buying it. Also really hoping it can be on a cart. Ironclad made me soooo damn happy.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I think it's safe to assume that the rom used for SSVS is based on the unfixed version. The standalone SSVS releases are based on the unfixed rom.

As for Kizuna Encounter - it's not lost, just the EU AES version is elusive. The Japanese AES cart is rare but can still be had for $2500-$3000, and there are plenty of authentic MVS carts in the market. There have been plenty of re-releases and ports over the years too. :)
Did the fixed version have anything the unfixed version didn't have?
I was assuming that V Perfect would have the same fatalities that the unfixed V Special has.
There was also Kizuna Encounter 2, which was on the Master List as an unreleased game.

Last edited:

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Did the fixed version have anything the unfixed version didn't have?
I was assuming that V Perfect would have the same fatalities that the unfixed V Special has.
There was also Kizuna Encounter 2, which was on the Master List as an unreleased game.

Have a read of the kotaku article for a better explanation, but essentially the fatalities were slightly altered to reduce their size on the cart in place for the addition of the new story elements.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Sadly, it appears that a lot of old data for unreleased or partially developed games was lost during the Aruze buyout and transition to Playmore. The sequel to MOTW is the biggest example.

I am keen to unpack this a little more - links please?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Yeah. The follow-up question would be whether current SNK can actually finish these games that weren't totally done and not mess them up. Could be a monkey paw wish with a couple of these. Especially MotW2.

That's definitely a fair point. Something like Ninja Gaiden II was already done and received a location test, but MotW2 wasn't that far along.

True, True. There was also the new (excellent) Ninja Warriors game last year that came out of fucking nowhere. I guess the other part of business is that often times it makes no sense. lol.

Hell yeah! I had my fingers crossed for Ninja Warriors after they rereleased Wild Guns. Ninja Warriors Again and X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse are the main reasons I still keep an snes lol

Last edited: