Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 55

Thread: Samurai Shodown V Perfect

  1. #26
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    I'll take "11 year necro bump I never expected to happen" for 500 Alex.

    Here's the amazing story of how this game is finally being released, by Necrosofty on Twitter.
    Thank you for sharing this Fygee

    That story confirms so much that was previously only thought to be just speculation.

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  2. #27

    yagamikun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh

    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
    So, they've finally released the last game for the Neo Geo.
    It's good that it has the story in English. Are there endings for every character?
    I wonder if V Special and V Perfect include all the original fatalities?

    Perhaps SNK would have the code for other games as well, such as Kizuna Encounter Tag Team. I think that these days there is more interest in the old Neo Geo fighting games, seeing that you can now play them online.

    https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/ssngc/#tit7
    I think it's safe to assume that the rom used for SSVS is based on the unfixed version. The standalone SSVS releases are based on the unfixed rom.

    As for Kizuna Encounter - it's not lost, just the EU AES version is elusive. The Japanese AES cart is rare but can still be had for $2500-$3000, and there are plenty of authentic MVS carts in the market. There have been plenty of re-releases and ports over the years too.

  3. #28
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    12,935
    I would've normally looked the other way on a neo geo collection port but... This is unique to say the least!

  4. #29

    yagamikun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh

    Posts
    1,446
    For anyone with a PC - Did you see that the Epic game store will have it FREE for a week AHEAD of all other releases of the game? Considering I'd like to try Final Edition and only want to see the museum mode, free is the best way to do it!

    From wccftech:

    The SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION will be available first on Epic Games Store starting June 11th and will be completely free between June 11th and June 18th. After that, it will launch on Steam beginning June 18th and PlayStation 4/Nintendo Switch on July 28th. All platforms are listed at launching at $39.99 with physical prints for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions coming later this summer.


    So, those holding out for a physical release will have to wait.

  5. #30
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    Hawwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by yagamikun View Post
    For anyone with a PC - Did you see that the Epic game store will have it FREE for a week AHEAD of all other releases of the game? Considering I'd like to try Final Edition and only want to see the museum mode, free is the best way to do it!

    From wccftech:

    The SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION will be available first on Epic Games Store starting June 11th and will be completely free between June 11th and June 18th. After that, it will launch on Steam beginning June 18th and PlayStation 4/Nintendo Switch on July 28th. All platforms are listed at launching at $39.99 with physical prints for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions coming later this summer.


    So, those holding out for a physical release will have to wait.
    Thanks for the info. Will try it.

  6. #31
    Hardened Shock Trooper
    Burning Fight!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North Korea (Brazil)

    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    I would've normally looked the other way on a neo geo collection port but... This is unique to say the least!
    Aren't you glad these things are released as "just" a ROM image and emulator package now?
    Your signature cannot be longer than 100 characters including BB code markup.

  7. #32
    Mr. Big's Thug
    kidchameleon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland

    Posts
    227
    Will this make proto owners want to cash in now? ie. Will the person holding Pinball Fantasia or Warlocks etc be getting worried that there might be a release in the pipeline therefore devaluing what they have?

  8. #33
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    12,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Burning Fight!! View Post
    Aren't you glad these things are released as "just" a ROM image and emulator package now?
    Well sure? But there's only one game in this collection worth getting it for.

  9. #34
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    Dr. Meat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Posts
    127
    Really awesome that this game actually saw the light of day! It makes you wonder what else is hiding in those archives.

  10. #35
    Another Striker
    Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your trash can

    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by kidchameleon1 View Post
    Will this make proto owners want to cash in now? ie. Will the person holding Pinball Fantasia or Warlocks etc be getting worried that there might be a release in the pipeline therefore devaluing what they have?
    We can hope. I still doubt the owners of the protos will do anything other than hold onto them, but seeing as SNK is willing to release protos hopefully in the future they release all their finished protos onto the eshop or PlayStation store.
    Alright, back again with THE IMMORTAL JOHN HANCOCK

  11. #36
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Meat View Post
    Really awesome that this game actually saw the light of day! It makes you wonder what else is hiding in those archives.
    This.

    Garou Mark of the Wolves 2 data?
    Ninja Gaiden II? (made it to the location test phase)
    etc

    One can dream.

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  12. #37
    Cheng's Errand Boy
    Dr. Meat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    This.

    Garou Mark of the Wolves 2 data?
    Ninja Gaiden II? (made it to the location test phase)
    etc

    One can dream.
    Yeah. The follow-up question would be whether current SNK can actually finish these games that weren't totally done and not mess them up. Could be a monkey paw wish with a couple of these. Especially MotW2.

  13. #38

    Neo Alec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    8,592
    I will buy.

    The story of how this was made and put on location without the company's official knowledge is bizarre.

    It should be possible to extract the rom. I wonder if this is NGH-273.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Meat View Post
    Really awesome that this game actually saw the light of day! It makes you wonder what else is hiding in those archives.
    It sounds like it may not have been in any kind of "archive". Takaya was just holding onto it.
    Last edited by Neo Alec; 05-27-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    https://basementbrothers.net/

  14. #39
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    VGC1612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Quebec

    Posts
    70
    Garou Mark of the Wolves Special is same as Garou 2?Or different games?

  15. #40

    yagamikun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh

    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by kidchameleon1 View Post
    Will this make proto owners want to cash in now? ie. Will the person holding Pinball Fantasia or Warlocks etc be getting worried that there might be a release in the pipeline therefore devaluing what they have?
    Nah, won't happen. Samurai Shodown is a well known series that still gets media coverage today, especially because of the reboot. The timing is just right to cash in on something like Final Edition due to nostalgia and relevance in the current market. Because development on Perfect was complete and they already had a working rom, it was an easy win with extremely low financial risk.

    Warlocks or any other unfinished prototype that are floating around have no relevance in the past or current market outside of the exceedingly niche Neo collector community. While a fun pipe-dream, it doesn't make economical business sense for this type of risky investment in today's market.

  16. #41
    RevQuixo. Who He?
    NeoCverA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    6,029
    So this will be like watching “close encounters” vs “........of the third kind” ?

    Still curious though since I’ve never seen it.
    Last edited by NeoCverA; 05-27-2020 at 11:01 AM.

  17. #42
    Dogg-Father
    Neodogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    3,370
    well this is fun...
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

  18. #43
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by yagamikun View Post
    Nah, won't happen. Samurai Shodown is a well known series that still gets media coverage today, especially because of the reboot. The timing is just right to cash in on something like Final Edition due to nostalgia and relevance in the current market. Because development on Perfect was complete and they already had a working rom, it was an easy win with extremely low financial risk.

    Warlocks or any other unfinished prototype that are floating around have no relevance in the past or current market outside of the exceedingly niche Neo collector community. While a fun pipe-dream, it doesn't make economical business sense for this type of risky investment in today's market.
    I hear ya, but stranger things have happened these past few years:

    •Samurai Shodown V Special released uncut via Code Mystics, Hamster, and the Neo Geo mini
    •Star Fox 2 (different from the old dumped rom) released via snes classic
    •Tetris, Darius, and Treasure’s Yu Yu Hakusho fighter getting rereleased via the genesis mini
    •Shenmue 3 exists
    etc
    Last edited by BlackaneseNiNjA; 05-27-2020 at 11:31 AM.

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  19. #44

    yagamikun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh

    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    I hear ya, but stranger things have happened these past few years:

    •Samurai Shodown V Special released uncut via Code Mystics, Hamster, and the Neo Geo mini
    •Star Fox 2 (different from the old dumped rom) released via snes classic
    •Tetris, Darius, and Treasure’s Yu Yu Hakusho fighter getting rereleased via the genesis mini
    •Shenmue 3 exists
    etc
    True, True. There was also the new (excellent) Ninja Warriors game last year that came out of fucking nowhere. I guess the other part of business is that often times it makes no sense. lol.

  20. #45
    Bewbs! Z'OMG
    Teh BEWBS!
    Fygee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Las Vegas

    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8 View Post
    So, they've finally released the last game for the Neo Geo.
    It's good that it has the story in English. Are there endings for every character?
    I wonder if V Special and V Perfect include all the fatalities?

    Perhaps SNK would have the code for other games as well, such as Kizuna Encounter Tag Team. I think that these days there is more interest in the old Neo Geo fighting games, seeing that you can now play them online.

    https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/ssngc/#tit7
    Per Necrosofty, it was pure luck that they were able to recover the rom. It was stored on an old hard drive that a Yuki Enterprise employee took home, not located in any official SNK archive.

    Sadly, it appears that a lot of old data for unreleased or partially developed games was lost during the Aruze buyout and transition to Playmore. The sequel to MOTW is the biggest example.

  21. #46
    -餓狼伝説弟子-
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    1,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Fygee View Post
    ...Sadly, it appears that a lot of old data for unreleased or partially developed games was lost during the Aruze buyout and transition to Playmore. The sequel to MOTW is the biggest example.
    ...but I felt free to dream, if only for a moment.

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  22. #47
    Hardened Shock Trooper
    NexusX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Houston, Tx

    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Meat View Post
    Really awesome that this game actually saw the light of day! It makes you wonder what else is hiding in those archives.
    Magician Lord 2?

    I wonder if people will be able to tear apart the PC port files and get SSVP running on real hardware?

  23. #48
    Bashful Neophyte
    nic034's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    France

    Posts
    15
    Hi

    This have been done (extract files from re-edition game release) with SF33S CPS3 by arcade project board members / Darksoft for Makoto one byte bug fix version (if remember, same version but Capcom perform software patch to correct typical 3rd strike crash :
    https://www.arcade-projects.com/foru...d-cd-releases/

    Wish it will be done for this and ported to AES
    Last edited by nic034; 05-27-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    ----
    Please visit : http://www.neogeo-system.com

  24. #49
    Crazed MVS Addict
    gameofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ohio

    Posts
    138
    Wow, this was a longer wait than for a NG.DEV release.
    Sega Saturn USB DataLink Device
    www.GamingEnterprisesInc.com


  25. #50
    RevQuixo. Who He?
    NeoCverA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by gameofyou View Post
    Wow, this was a longer wait than for a NG.DEV release.
    Well, technically this wasn’t a wait as nobody expected this. This is a surprise.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •