Got an MVS cab, can I turn it into a Hyper 64 fighter cab?

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I just got an MVS cab, and I'm partly retarded about all of this and really need some pointers. I would like to buy a Hyper 64 board and all of these wonderful fighters I've never gotten to play.

Is there a way to replace the MVS hardware with Hyper hardware to play in my cabinet?

Sorry if this is a retarded question. I've just been wanting to ask it.

SSS

neo retired
I wouldn't "replace" the hardware, but yes, the hyper is wired to MVS standard so it will work in any Neo Geo or jamma cab. I suggest you get the rev. 2 mother board as no extra wiring is need for power. you just pop on the jamma edge and you're good to go.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
Cool, what kind of cab did you get? I want pics.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Soon my friend, soon. Yes, I will be buying a REV 2 very very soon.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I abandoned this idea...but I WILL be buying another cab in due time, and I'll have my Hyper 64 set up eventually.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I use my HNG64 inmy 4 slot rev 3 all the time. I don't have it dedicate it to any cab per sya, I just pop it in some of the Neo cabs mostly 'cause they're MVS wired and the rev 2 board has a jamma/mvs switch just like the MV1 mobo series.

Good to know we have more friends aboard though.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I use my HNG64 inmy 4 slot rev 3 all the time. I don't have it dedicate it to any cab per sya, I just pop it in some of the Neo cabs mostly 'cause they're MVS wired and the rev 2 board has a jamma/mvs switch just like the MV1 mobo series.

Good to know we have more friends aboard though.

With how good you are with this stuff, I'm surprised you haven't put the Hyper board into a 4 slot cab with a switch internally/externally, so you can just go from MVS to Hyper no hassles.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
With how good you are with this stuff, I'm surprised you haven't put the Hyper board into a 4 slot cab with a switch internally/externally, so you can just go from MVS to Hyper no hassles.
I like playing my Hyper in different cabs.