Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: The bad battery thread

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Whippy View Post
    Is the ML2032 the proper rechargeable battery to use in a 1c with the charging circuitry still in place?
    Alas, the MV-1c is the only board that is missing from my collection. So i don't know what battery is native to this board.

A quick google learned me, the battery chemistry of both are very different.
    The LiR is a 3.6v battery This battery is rechargeable, however a protective circuit is absolutely necessary due to the very high energy density of this type of cell. Since the mv-1c is a very simplistic board I don't think they over designed the loading circuit.
    The ML is a 3v battery with the same physical dimensions but with less stringent requirements in terms of loading.
    So maybe an other member can shed some light on the type of battery used on an MV-1c or even measure the loading voltage of it.
    But in my experience a rechargeable battery is not the best way to go in HUO machine, It takes to long to fully charge them in a save way and the charge doesn't hold that long. As I said before, those machines where build to have more running time then rest. And when they where stored between two locations, no one minded if the memory got lost, each location needed new bookkeeping and preferred there own settings.

I am getting an MV-1B and am debating replacing the battery with a rechargeable or coin cell with battery mod. Would this LINK be a suitable replacement? I know it's 3.7V but am curious if that would cause issue. I've used this very battery pack on a Dreamcast, which too has a 3v rechargeable battery. It's 1000mah so it will last a long time. My DC charges overnight and I've turned it on after 6 months of not playing after a move and it still held the system clock, so for DC at least they are a great option. Anyway, I'm just curious if anyone has experimented with 3.7V LI PO batteries as they are pretty widely used in other electronics now.

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    I am getting an MV-1B and am debating replacing the battery with a rechargeable or coin cell with battery mod.
    The 1B already has a soldered coin cell in it. So the chances are slim it is going to explode and damage your board. There are a few battery mod kits for it though.
    Here is one by Neo Jamma. Lets you mount it vertical or horizontal.

https://imgur.com/a/4c3AkpA

Quote Originally Posted by NexusX View Post
    The 1B already has a soldered coin cell in it. So the chances are slim it is going to explode and damage your board. There are a few battery mod kits for it though.
    Here is one by Neo Jamma. Lets you mount it vertical or horizontal.

https://imgur.com/a/4c3AkpA
    Oh, nice, I've been poking around on Neo Jamma but somehow missed that, It will be nice to deal with the spacing issue without having to rig something up. I'll probably go this route but still curious about the 3.7V vs. 3V.

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    still curious about the 3.7V vs. 3V.
    they sell a rechargeable 2032 called "LIR 2032" for about $5
    it is 3.7v

Thread Information