New South Park

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The way they're drawing Hillary Clinton as opposed to when she lost to Obama in '08 is pretty striking- she was a country bumpkin with a fat ass then, but now they've made her face look so gaunt it's like she's skeletal. She certainly has aged, but still, ouch.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
oh shit! i gotta check it out. didn't know they started on season 20

i thought season 19 was pretty good for being the 19th season of a very tired show. i love south park and i don't always agree with what they do, but they tend to do better than their contemporaries

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Anyone else kind of underwhelmed by Season 20? The Garrison as Trump proxy is boring and already played out, the social media death thing is likewise, and Gerald is the only thing halfway interesting. Oh, and Member Berries are also dumb.

Granted, Cartman's insistence that girls are funny has been done pretty well, but overall this is one of my least favorite seasons so far.

Two episodes in dude, cool your balls, jesus.

Also you should go back and watch the first couple seasons...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don't know where they are going with member berries, but the turd sandwich douche bag election is spot good. Better on Wednesday that last week. First episode was not good.

It came off as if the producers are drinking the cunt-aid from Hillary's lifeless twat.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I thought the whole skankhunt trolling sequence online while he drank wine and listened to Boston was amazing. When he's typing on the keyboard solos was probably one of the best sequences I had seen on this show in awhile. I think this season has so much potential just because Us media has been such a shit show all year that there is enough material alone for 20 more seasons.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I liked the member berries scene with Randy and then later when he went to the farm. I'm pretty curious to see where that story is going, as it's just so nonsense that I can't help be amused and interested.

Marek

Banned
I also thought the sequence with gerald listening to Boston and trolling was fucking hilarious. Also the actual snippets of things he's saying we're classic.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I just watched the first three of the new series last night and though it was great. Really looking forward to where they go with this series, I love the new format of continued story lines.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
it was pretty good. i haven't been fond of the natural storytelling tbh, i kind of like south park better as a 2-dimensional sleaze fest.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i never liked the earlier seasons of south park much with the whole "you killed kenny, you bastard!" era. but the later seasons are better than the later simpsons episodes. i need to catch up on a lot of south park, but still watch the anime episode and the one with the man-bear-pig from time to time.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
'member Neo Geo?
Yeah, I 'member Neo Geo!
'member Fatal Fuuuury?
Yeeeaaaah, I 'member!

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i never liked the earlier seasons of south park much with the whole "you killed kenny, you bastard!" era. but the later seasons are better than the later simpsons episodes. i need to catch up on a lot of south park, but still watch the anime episode and the one with the man-bear-pig from time to time.

the anime one was the first one i saw, i loved it

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
So obvious disclaimer, spoilers for the new season if you haven't seen it.

In this season the entire town is divided and fighting because of a single online troll who keeps everyone fighting by causing everyone to point fingers and stop trusting each other.

Meanwhile the election is going strong between a giant douche and a shithead sandwich, and anyone who starts to really questioning what is going on is distracted by "memberberries", these berries that are constantly reminding people of nostalgic pop culture references.

So I think they're really trying to get at some of the issues going on right now. I think the main theme is the whole Hegelian, divide and conquer premise where one lone, disconnected person can sit comfortably in their office and sip wine while dividing the community and watching them destroy themselves. As a side note this character happens to be Kyle's dad, the only Jews on the show. I've seen some people speculate this is a veiled reference to Israel. I have no idea.

The other theme is that any time people try to deal with the issues we are facing, they get distracted by the member berries, which likely represent pop culture. All you see on TV these days are remakes of old '80s series or movies and I think they're pointing out how that is being used to distract us. At times it seems as if the writers are double-tasking the memberberries- They may also represent our culture's current fascination with looking backwards instead of forward, and representing our dependence on (mostly legally-prescribed) drugs to escape reality and actual deep thought. When you get intellectually lazy and curl up deep inside your own narrow worldview, casual fascism comes easy... That sort of thing.

The last theme would be the U.S. prez election, but I'm not exactly sure what their point is here. The person representing Trump keeps trying to give up saying he's no good and Hillary would be better as president, but Hillary is such a robot she just keeps repeating that her opponent's statements are lies. Even though Trump is trying to throw the election people just like him more and more because he's being "real."

EDIT: People's comments in this thread have reminded me of one missed theme so I will add it here. Cartman was forced to abruptly quit social media and his phone was smashed. At first he was very unhappy. Then he meets another girl who has disconnected and she shows him the park. They hang out there and Cartman becomes very calm and eventually makes a connection with the girl, and she hints at them having a relationship. This is something Cartman could have never done in past seasons because of his trademark a-hole personality.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
That was an undeniably great episode, both story-wise and joke-wise.

The men's rights = weiners out was awesome, obviously, and then when Sheila and Gerald were having their conversation, I went oh, oh no, I see where this is going yep that's exactly where this went.

Well done.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Just watched it. Yeah, this was definitely a great episode. Really liking where this season's plotline is going so far.

Screen caps:
Spoiler:

vuD1aDe.png

ByVWZnD.png

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Holy cow. That scene with the pee looked really really close to our pee scene. Even the words "that's so hot." If I didn't know better....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Holy cow. That scene with the pee looked really really close to our pee scene. Even the words "that's so hot." If I didn't know better....

I have suspected for years that there are writers from CC on this site lurking and harvesting.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

spike

nwo is the time for you to shine

create a simple comparisonyoutube video with the south park sceneand your scene

wait for the hits to come in

there is no???,onl6y profit