New South Park

Marek

Banned
the context is that parker and stone discovered tons of SP fan yoai art communities. There are tons of kyle and stan, but tweek/ craig was their fav. They put up a call to all artists last week and the art shown were entries in that contest as well as some fan art used

Right right I see now.

It's kind of brilliant, in being so overbearingly pc, the town is forcing Craig to be something he isn't, gay, which is the antithesis of small town mentality irl where all the gay kids have to live in fear of being outed.

I'm also 99% sure that the south park yaoi community sure as hell isn't a bunch of Asian girls. (I'm thinking the vast majority are gau Caucasian male btards... oh but they identify as women maybe? Better stfu before my privs are checked, bros)

I also agree that this arc is setting up beautifully for something fucking hilarious to happen. Hard to speculate on what it'll be since the episodes have been so scatterbrained. We haven't checked in with garrison or Victoria since the beginning, but shit should start to button up pretty soon.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I think the money thing may be a dig at Patreon...

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

you are.

the money thing is a 'you are so special and brave, here is a little something to make it easier for you' gag.

Right right I see now.

It's kind of brilliant, in being so overbearingly pc, the town is forcing Craig to be something he isn't, gay, which is the antithesis of small town mentality irl where all the gay kids have to live in fear of being outed.

I'm also 99% sure that the south park yaoi community sure as hell isn't a bunch of Asian girls. (I'm thinking the vast majority are gau Caucasian male btards)

I also agree that this arc is setting up beautifully for something fucking hilarious to happen. Hard to speculate on what it'll be since the episodes have been so scatterbrained. We haven't checked in with garrison or Victoria since the beginning, but shit should start to button up pretty soon.

im nearly 95% positive all the people making the SP yoai shit are white. the asian girls thing was alluded to last week when wendy introduced her new asian friend.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
im nearly 95% positive all the people making the SP yoai shit are white. the asian girls thing was alluded to last week when wendy introduced her new asian friend.

Well yes I was 100% they are white, the 1% margin of error is for that one single biologically born female out of one hundred men, that maybe drew gay pictures of SP characters. By girls for girls, right, sure. Those artists are so brave and spdcial... I just feel the overwhelming urge to give them some money. Is there a kickstarter?

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
on the one hand, it's cool they're going in one direction (no pun) with the story for this season. However, I don't like the PC principal shit, I think he sucks ass. Trey and Matt must have an idea, or maybe they just want continuity, I don't know. Who cares? This episode made me laugh when Cartman's "Cupid Me" was peeing in the mouths of Craig and his Dad, or Tweek, whoever. I'd like them to make fun of Ben Carson and the other candidates. Trump they did, it was good, they should do more.

I didn't watch the last republican debate, I'm sure it was great :rolleyes:. I fucking hate trump.

Last edited:

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
This has been an amazing season so far. Love the whole forced-pc story arc.
This last episode is up there with the best.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I subscribe to Hulu for this very reason. I can't miss an episode.

Anyway, that Tweek and Creeg song was so fuckin' awesome. Still love this show.

edit:

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I just switched to piracy when they started that Hulu bullshit.

Well I mean the bullshit part is that other countries still get it for free. But I also watch a shit ton of other shows on my Hulu. I feel it has the edge over Netflix for tv shows (Netflix is better for movies and original content)

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Well I mean the bullshit part is that other countries still get it for free. But I also watch a shit ton of other shows on my Hulu. I feel it has the edge over Netflix for tv shows (Netflix is better for movies and original content)

I'm just annoyed that they charge you and then still show ads.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
There's an ad-free version now but I haven't got around to paying for it.

ad free version is worth the extra $3/month. just feels chintzy having to pay for that.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Is anyone else kind of unsettled by some of the things in this season? No I'm not into college safe spaces, and I know South Park exaggerates things.

But this gentrification stuff is kind of scary. They're talking about doing that to a part of my town. Hilariously, they're planning on revitalizing two condemned sites. One due to lead, the other due to sinking land. It's supposed to be some kind of smaller urban city sort of thing. I live all the way on the west side of town, and my town's SoDoSoPa/ShiPaTown is going to be just about as east as it gets, probably farther than the Marsh family, but I don't know. Why does making things nice have to go hand in hand with rising costs? Look at what that did to Manhattan and the immediately surrounding areas.

No, people in real life aren't ads, but sometimes I wonder if the creators of South Park didn't get that idea from how some people behave. Even before the big social media revolution, some people were just weird. I had one random person pitch to me the merits of Sunny D or something. She didn't have any stake in it as far as I could tell, but she was using so many adjectives describing it to me. It was a little off-putting. It felt kind of like an odd evolution of the console wars where us kids would harp on the merits of our chosen game console. Nowadays we've got brand worship on social media. #coke

And those college kids are unbearable. I don't want to go anywhere near a college campus these days. I know not everyone there is super PC, but legally colleges have to kowtow to the super PCs. The vocal minority doesn't just have the most power; it is overwhelmingly powerful. I could continue my education, but... no. I happen to think it's a positive thing when a work of art challenges me and maybe even makes me uncomfortable.

And that brings us full circle on the subject of this season of South Park. It's over the top and hilarious, but it's a little uncomfortable, too. I hope it gets more people talking. I'm looking forward to seeing how this season ends.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Shit has gotten so real the last couple weeks. Excited to see how they wrap this up next week.

I visited Denver right before this season started, including LoDo (had to check out the 1up barcade). It definitely shed a little light when I talked with the locals about the homelessness, rising housing costs, etc. My city is already gentrifying stuff but it hasn't had that big of an impact. Of course, legalizing weed when the rest of the country hasn't followed suit seems to have exaggerated Denvers problems.

I know a guy who may as well be an ad. Old friend from high school hits me up, "oh hey we should catch up, hang out, etc." In reality it was "I'm an insurance salesman trying to get anyone I can on board"

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Shit has gotten so real the last couple weeks. Excited to see how they wrap this up next week.

I visited Denver right before this season started, including LoDo (had to check out the 1up barcade). It definitely shed a little light when I talked with the locals about the homelessness, rising housing costs, etc. My city is already gentrifying stuff but it hasn't had that big of an impact. Of course, legalizing weed when the rest of the country hasn't followed suit seems to have exaggerated Denvers problems.

I know a guy who may as well be an ad. Old friend from high school hits me up, "oh hey we should catch up, hang out, etc." In reality it was "I'm an insurance salesman trying to get anyone I can on board"

This season is a response to so many areas in the country, and really hits home to a lot of people. Trey and Matt are here in LA and witnessing what's happening in downtown Los Angeles. The Arts District, literally just bombed out old warehouses, are being converted to million dollar lofts, and the trendiest foodie spots in LA have come in to raise average rents well over $3,000 a month for a 1000sqft place. In the trendiest buildings, the price per sqft is $800-900 and climbing.

All for living in an area that is literally sandwiched between Skid Row to the West and the concrete LA River to the East. There's also the new Whole Foods that just moved in to downtown LA, rising prices. It opened two weeks after the Whole Foods on the show... In Downtown's South Park district. Yes, there's a South Park in downtown Los Angeles. It's where the Staples Center is, and all the new development around LA Live.

The scary thing is, this season is 100% Trey and Matt's response to what's happening in DTLA, but it's also 100% dead on to just about every where else in the country right now (as they acknowledge in this week's episode). It's actually pretty damn funny how well they nailed this stuff.

Marek

Banned
This may be my favorite season ever.

Ruva your post is very interesting because yes, while I know how gentrification and let's call it SoHo-ification both work, I wasnt sure what the boys' connection to it was until you splained it.

Best season ever.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Gentrification is only bad if you're stupid enough to rent instead of paying the exact same money on a mortgage.

Also, stop living in the hub of megacities. They're terrible.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Gentrification is only bad if you're stupid enough to rent instead of paying the exact same money on a mortgage.

Also, stop living in the hub of megacities. They're terrible.

stupid enough to rent? what if you cant get a mortgage? what if you are temporarily transferred to a new location and buying does not make sense? there are lots of reasons to rent.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
stupid enough to rent? what if you cant get a mortgage? what if you are temporarily transferred to a new location and buying does not make sense? there are lots of reasons to rent.

Skin color too. DNSDies is probably white, so he would say something like that.

jk DNSDies, I'm white too, just making a point.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I know some people just can't get a mortgage, but in those cases they should absolutely NEVER live in major city centers that always get targeted for renovations.
Unless you live in a rent control area, it's just plain dumb to believe your rent will never increase.

You're better off finding a place in an outlying area and using public transit.
I did that myself when I used to live in the SF Bay Area and Oakland.
I'm not speaking out of ignorance, I'm speaking from a place of firsthand experience.

Lots of people these days think they deserve maximum rewards for minimal effort. A minimum wage job is not a fucking career, and you don't need to go to college to make a successful career that supports a family.
Get your hands dirty and become a plumber or electrician, or a building contractor. They make major bank, but the jobs all require hard physical labor that nobody these days wants to do.

I spent my entire middle and high school life in East Oakland. I know how it is in the ghetto.
I pulled myself out of that environment though hard work, and anyone can do it.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I've never read any of this thread before, I popped in for a little light relief from the overwhelming seriousness of the forums at the moment.

Guess I'll look elsewhere.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone else kind of underwhelmed by Season 20? The Garrison as Trump proxy is boring and already played out, the social media death thing is likewise, and Gerald is the only thing halfway interesting. Oh, and Member Berries are also dumb.

Granted, Cartman's insistence that girls are funny has been done pretty well, but overall this is one of my least favorite seasons so far.

blakfishy

n00b
I like the season so far, many of their jokes/plotlines have been smart, funny, and on-topic. Enjoying every episode and I can't wait for the plot to play out.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I'm really liking this season so far. I think the member berries will have a point; something like how old white racists assholes are looking at history through rose colored glasses, which is probably how trump has so much support. I'm excited to see where they go with the rest of the season. I'm loving garrison as trump, and the reboot of douche vs turd.