New South Park

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
BTW, this past week's episode (Butter's Bottom Bitch) was excellent.

Much better than the last one.
Usually I agree with you, but on this season you have been way, way off. That first episode was like their magnum opus. It had so much crammed into it: Billy Mays, Michael Jackson, Chipotle, Ghost Hunters. They could have made a whole episode about just one of those things, and they were all sent up in a memorable way. The show was in rare form. It was like an hour-long episode cut down to a half hour. There must have been many deleted scenes.

The second episode was fine, but it's run-of-the-mill, and ultimately forgettable. Just back to routine, in my opinion. Write a little story, see it through to the end. Decent execution, but nothing spectacular.

aria

Former Moderator
I thought the ghosts were a series of let downs and wasted opportunities. You show Sean Payton and don't even make a reference to the way he died? Billy Mays stopped being a funny joke about halfway through the episode, and instead they had less time with the best joke --MJ.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I suspect that they wanted to be at least a little sensitive to some of the recently dead, even if it is South Park. It's not going to be funny if it's simply in poor taste. Some of the less funny South Park episodes contained a lot of cheap shots.

I enjoyed the Billy Mays products. Their voices doing those kinds of characters are just always funny. But you're right about MJ. They could have spent a lot more time, and that's one place I think the episode felt cut up.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
The Butters Bottom Bitch episode will be hard to top for me, as far as the rest of the season goes. It was probably my favorite episode in SEASONS. Just having Butters going through all that stuff without ever really realizing what it was, priceless. The ghost episode was good, but everything that went into the whole Butters story, hearing him swear all the time (because it's so NOT Butters). Hilarious.

aria

Former Moderator
The latest ep, "W.T.F." was excellent. I was hoping for a riff on balloon boy (and there was a very minor reference), but they really did a great parody of wrestling --there were several layers of commentary in how they handled scenes.

And it was nice to see jorbs back.

Remember, you can watch all episodes for free on their website (something you can thank a very early internet agreement made between Parker/Stone and Comedy Central before anyone understood how valuable internet broadcast rights would become... LOL. It's like when Fox gave Lucas all the ancillary rights to Star Wars):

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/251887/

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I was so glad to see the rednecks from the goobacks episode back in full force. Just at the end with the Mexican audience saying "Oh my God! They killed Kenny" and "They broke his jaw!" was awesome.

aria

Former Moderator
I was so glad to see the rednecks from the goobacks episode back in full force. Just at the end with the Mexican audience saying "Oh my God! They killed Kenny" and "They broke his jaw!" was awesome.

The rooster topped it off.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
That Ghost Hunters bit was spot on. Sorry Yuck, but the BS they do every 5 minutes of "OMG did you hear that, see that, feel that, small that?!" is old.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
That Ghost Hunters bit was spot on. Sorry Yuck, but the BS they do every 5 minutes of "OMG did you hear that, see that, feel that, small that?!" is old.

Watch Most Haunted on The Travel Channel, their ten times worse and they never show anything. All you get is the black and white night vision camera pointed in the people's faces yelling and screaming, "What's that!? Are you alright?! AHH! I heard something!" There's a really good parody video of two people with a night vision camera imitating the people on the show and you hear, "Hey! Turn on the damn light!" and they end up standing in somebody's kitchen.

The guys over at TAPS loved the episode, they had it over on their site and on their Twitter pages saying they loved the episode and they weren't angry with them.

Also, they've got seasons 1-8 of South Park streaming on Netflix now. It's always great to watch some of the old ones over again.

aria

Former Moderator
Also, they've got seasons 1-8 of South Park streaming on Netflix now. It's always great to watch some of the old ones over again.

They've got every episode available free on their official website.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler

Yeah, I love it for when I miss an episode. I don't have a laptop and my PC's downstairs and my room's upstairs, so it's good to watch an episode or two on my 360 and go to sleep.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier

Also, you can download most media that wasn't a retail release...I nabbed The Butters Song, Gay Fish and other MP3s that way. There are also random soundclips for people to mess with.

SPS.com kicks ass. :buttrock:

It was alright, pretty much because I'm a fan of Ghost Hunters and the two main guys don't act like that on the show. If you want to see a bunch of idiots stumbling around in the dark, check out Most Haunted on the Travel Channel. Any bang or tap they go apeshit and the camera guy doesn't know what to do.

That or Paranormal State. That show is hilarious. My wife and I were discussing how inaccurate their Ghost Hunters parody was. She thinks it's because that's the highest profile "Ghost" show on TV, so they just went straight for the brand people will recognize.

aria

Former Moderator
I remember growing up and watching Unsolved Mysteries and getting the creeps from some of the paranormal stories. Then I got older :emb:

I also remember when the Alf Tales cartoon would parody the Unsolved Mysteries voice-over intro.

aria

Former Moderator
I thought Whale Whores was a bit weak and missed some great opportunities --but it did have one saving grace: Cartman's rendition of Poker Face which needs to be an official cover :buttrock: