New South Park

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
What I'm saying is that the story line isn't done yet. I think it was a good setup

I don't feel great about what they are doing and maybe I am looking too far into it, but it seems like they are playing on the wrong themes.

hummels and heroin - opioids and old people - are we really going to humor this? It's not a real crisis to me. People complain about police shooting people dead on routine traffic stops like it's a skit from Tales from the Hood, and the orange cheetoh replies with some shit about opioids. Matt and Trey decide to humor the opioid angle.

sons a witches - something about trying to avoid witch hunts echoes Trump's statements against the investigation of russian tampering. It also reflects the current "witch hunt" of old men sexually harassing young women in entertainment. Dog whistles should be less obvious to the human ear.

I feel like Matt and Trey are going into the wrong side of history, and I am still watching, because I am trying to be open minded, but not sure if this season will redeem itself. It's been kind of depressing. Like, evil won last November, so eat your memberberries.

Marek

Banned
That's a fair take on it.

I think a lot depends on how they tie this season up. As far as my status as a fan is concerned.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Hummels and Heroin was somewhere between boring and bad, same with Franchise Prelude, and Sons a Witches was awful. Going downhill quickly now.

I'm glad they're not doing one overarching story like last season (which I still strongly contend is the worst in the show's history), but when the standalones are bad, it doesn't matter much.

I wish they'd stay away from social commentary and just do silly shit more often. The Columbus Day stuff was a good balance, but not a lot else has been lately.

Marek

Banned
Not sure how to feel about this last one.

It was fucking hilarious at moments, especially bringing the history of Kyle's mother from the movie into it, but the ending was pretty bleak and weird.

It's like... I'm not sure what side Matt and trey are even on anymore. It was super dark.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not sure how to feel about this last one.

It was fucking hilarious at moments, especially bringing the history of Kyle's mother from the movie into it, but the ending was pretty bleak and weird.

It's like... I'm not sure what side Matt and trey are even on anymore. It was super dark.

I felt the same. To me the best way this series can end is if cartman and Heidi are beaten to death for 10 minutes,

Then the scene shifts to hell, where they are dead and get tortured for 10 minutes.

I want my catharsis.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Cartman used to be an asshole you could like. But I can't remember the last season I liked Cartman.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Cartman used to be an asshole you could like. But I can't remember the last season I liked Cartman.
You were never supposed to like Cartman, what kind of sociopath are you?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
90-year-old Terrance and Phillip slayed me. Other than that the last episode bored me. I don't get what they're doing with Heidi. Her arc is really, really weird.

This season's whole is much less than the sum of its parts.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
in general, it makes me sad when I identify with Butters and Tweek

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Necro-bump.

Anyone seen the new 1 hour special? Spoilers ahead.

I really enjoyed seeing the kids ‘grown up’, despite the depressing prediction of covid lasting for 40 years. Even some of cameos (eg goth kids, retard kids) was spot on.

I’m fairly sure Cartman isn’t really Jewish, and he would go far enough to become a Rabbi, marry a Jewish girl and have Jewish kids just to fuck with Kyle… but then he didn’t want Stan/Kyle to succeed with time travel and change the future so I’m not 100% sure.

Did anyone else see it / like / dislike the episode?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Necro-bump.

I really enjoyed seeing the kids ‘grown up’, despite the depressing prediction of covid lasting for 40 years. Even some of cameos (eg goth kids, retard kids) was spot on.

I’m fairly sure Cartman isn’t really Jewish, and he would go far enough to become a Rabbi, marry a Jewish girl and have Jewish kids just to fuck with Kyle… but then he didn’t want Stan/Kyle to succeed with time travel and change the future so I’m not 100% sure.

Didnt know it came out. I'll check it out this week.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member

The future adult depictions of the cast were definitely the best part of the new special. Overall, it wasn't their best effort, but I enjoyed it and look forward to the continuation of this storyline.

I agree that Cartman is going all-in on the long con, and I think his resistance to going back in time to fix the future is just to ensure that his scheme against Kyle runs its full course.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
Necro-bump.

i chuckled at the "delta covid plus rewards program variant"

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Did it come out on Comedy Central or was it Paramount+ exclusively?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
People still pirate media?
Well, I pay for netflix, amazon prime, disney plus and UK tv license so Comedy Central for just 1 show can fuck off - especially as South Park is on Amazon Prime and Netflix except the latest specials.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Well, I pay for netflix, amazon prime, disney plus and UK tv license so Comedy Central for just 1 show can fuck off - especially as South Park is on Amazon Prime and Netflix except the latest specials.
Matt and Trey made a deal when first developing SP to control online content or whatever. Every episode online for free on their site: www.southparkstudios.com

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Matt and Trey made a deal when first developing SP to control online content or whatever. Every episode online for free on their site: www.southparkstudios.com
Aye sadly they didn’t do a deal for UK rights on that site so we don’t get full episodes just clips which is lame as fuck.

I could VPN like a ninja, but I’ll stick to my poor Johnny Depp method.

(Both Ninjas and Pirates are kinda gay)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
People still pirate media?

Piracy has come full circle. It seemed to be obsolete for a time when everything was on Netflix, but now that content is spread across dozens of different services that nobody wants to subscribe to ye olde Pirate Bay (and other options) are there to help.