Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: New South Park

Bad episode. Boring, like Wasabi said. It's not often that an entire episode contains zero laugh-worthy moments, and this one did that.

Script came off like it was afraid to actually address the topic.

Genyosai's Servant

I'm giving them time. Given how the last couple seasons have played out I don't expect much the first couple episodes.

NG.COM TEMPTRESS

I haven't been fond of the formula for the past few seasons. I did laugh at a few parts of this new episode but I also don't think I paid a lot of attention to it so I'll watch it again.

ま. . . . .60点てところかしらね
    Cocky Futanari Babes with Big Dicks Who Don't give a Fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    I haven't been fond of the formula for the past few seasons. I did laugh at a few parts of this new episode but I also don't think I paid a lot of attention to it so I'll watch it again.
    The memberberries won.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    It was okay. Honestly it was boring AF. They are pulling all their punches. I couldn't relate to the white people renovating houses motif. Stan, Kyle, and Kenny only appeared in the beginning it seemed, and the rest of the show was about Randy and Cartman.

I think this is the last season. It fucking sucked.
    I think you need to give it a week or so. When the redneck stormed out and went off about minorities, combined with the tiki torches laying around, I think it's setting up for a stab to the jugular of alt right racist lite.

What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    I think you need to give it a week or so. When the redneck stormed out and went off about minorities, combined with the tiki torches laying around, I think it's setting up for a stab to the jugular of alt right racist lite.

I have been following Matt and Trey's interviews and honestly

They come off as people who want to see the problem on both sides.

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

NG.COM TEMPTRESS

I for one am glad that South Park manages to heavily criticize right wing politics without playing into leftist bullshit and often taking good shots at the left at the same time. I might not think South Park is the best it could be, but that is a talent that the show creators have something to be proud of in my opinion.

ま. . . . .60点てところかしらね
    Cocky Futanari Babes with Big Dicks Who Don't give a Fuck

It was okay. Honestly it was boring AF. They are pulling all their punches. I couldn't relate to the white people renovating houses motif. Stan, Kyle, and Kenny only appeared in the beginning it seemed, and the rest of the show was about Randy and Cartman.

I think this is the last season. It fucking sucked.
    Trey has been coasting for a few years now. Instead of providing satire of something new each episode, they've stuck to one topic and have dragged that out for an entire season. I do not like multi-part episodes and I especially now do not like these huge, overarching storylines.

South Park had a good run, I still watch episodes before season 9 occassionally, but I haven't been excited for new seasons of South Park for a few years now. Again, just my personal opinion, but Trey is coasting now - he knows he doesn't have to crank out quality that was on par with early South Park, he knows Comedy Central will continue to renew, so he doesn't care to put as much effort in. Plus, he's close to 50 now and has been doing this for 20 years, so I can get why these past few seasons have been lackluster.

I remember seeing an inverview back in the late 90's (Probably when the movie came out), where one of the creators said "I dont see myself doing this in 10 years".
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Didn't they mention something about continuing to do what they do until they're cancelled? I wouldn't expect much.

For the tunes lovers!

Really good episode. Credit where it's due, that one measures up to the best of the past several seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jro View Post
    Really good episode. Credit where it's due, that one measures up to the best of the past several seasons.
    I felt the same way. Had me fully lol many times.

What a long, strange trip it's been. And still we roll down this baffling road, missing those who have left us. Daisuke Jigen, Sifl, SNK4EVER, Nightmare_Tony, Boog, Zero Satori. Gone but not forgotten.

Last night's was fucking awesome.

More lols than the last two put together

Die Gans

Read about the Alexa episode and watched it online. I thought it was complete horseshit.
    Originally Posted by kernow:
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Quote Originally Posted by supergoose View Post
    Read about the Alexa episode and watched it online. I thought it was complete horseshit.
    It was complete garbage and shows how detached from non-white America Matt and Trey can be.

It was complete garbage and shows how detached from non-white America Matt and Trey can be.
    wasabi I'm not smart nor sober, and I just watched this. Please go into further depth so I can understand, it didn't seem half-bad compared to recent episodes. Also the wiki says this is about Weinstein instead of black people so really I dunno what your post is about. I'm an idiot, dumb it down for me.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    wasabi I'm not smart nor sober, and I just watched this. Please go into further depth so I can understand, it didn't seem half-bad compared to recent episodes. Also the wiki says this is about Weinstein instead of black people so really I dunno what your post is about. I'm an idiot, dumb it down for me.
    The alexa episode was where the white people marched through the town saying “you will not replace us” so randy helps them get work as alexas and google homes. Problem solved.

Uhh you must be joking. Did you miss this one?

"Truck driving and coal mining aren't exactly jobs of the future " -randy marsh

You missed the point chuck. They're calling out white America pretty fucking hard this season, but they're doing multiple story arcs instead of one

Disenfranchised drunk rednecks and their opioid crisis, white supremacy in general. They are on point imo.

Uhh you must be joking. Did you miss this one?

"Truck driving and coal mining aren't exactly jobs of the future " -randy marsh

You missed the point chuck. They're calling out white America pretty fucking hard this season, but they're doing multiple story arcs instead of one

Disenfranchised drunk rednecks and their opioid crisis, white supremacy in general. They are on point imo.
    The people marching and chanting “jew will not replace us” are more focused on scaring ethnic and religious minorities,

But hey, at least you thought a shit episode that white washed a major problem was funny. You should check out Dennis Miller.

The people marching and chanting “jew will not replace us” are more focused on scaring ethnic and religious minorities,

But hey, at least you thought a shit episode that white washed a major problem was funny. You should check out Dennis Miller.
    What I'm saying is that the story line isn't done yet. I think it was a good setup

What I'm saying is that the story line isn't done yet. I think it was a good setup
    I don't feel great about what they are doing and maybe I am looking too far into it, but it seems like they are playing on the wrong themes.

hummels and heroin - opioids and old people - are we really going to humor this? It's not a real crisis to me. People complain about police shooting people dead on routine traffic stops like it's a skit from Tales from the Hood, and the orange cheetoh replies with some shit about opioids. Matt and Trey decide to humor the opioid angle.

sons a witches - something about trying to avoid witch hunts echoes Trump's statements against the investigation of russian tampering. It also reflects the current "witch hunt" of old men sexually harassing young women in entertainment. Dog whistles should be less obvious to the human ear.

I feel like Matt and Trey are going into the wrong side of history, and I am still watching, because I am trying to be open minded, but not sure if this season will redeem itself. It's been kind of depressing. Like, evil won last November, so eat your memberberries.

That's a fair take on it.

I think a lot depends on how they tie this season up. As far as my status as a fan is concerned.

Hummels and Heroin was somewhere between boring and bad, same with Franchise Prelude, and Sons a Witches was awful. Going downhill quickly now.

I'm glad they're not doing one overarching story like last season (which I still strongly contend is the worst in the show's history), but when the standalones are bad, it doesn't matter much.

I wish they'd stay away from social commentary and just do silly shit more often. The Columbus Day stuff was a good balance, but not a lot else has been lately.

Most recent one with Kyle going out with Heidi was good.

Thread Information