Deathsmiles: Tips, Scores, Strategies...

TonK

Least Valuable Player
dont get me wrong there both decent scores but he is comparing apples to oranges.

"Vanilla"
dsc01716qc.jpg

lol

Vanilla
ae9326b5.jpg

WinkWink

World Soccer '96
I guess I wasn't asking it right slowdown in X360 vs Arcade mode in the port? :glee:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I guess I wasn't asking it right slowdown in X360 vs Arcade mode in the port? :glee:

Both modes in the port have less slowdown than the arcade original, 360 mode has less slowdown than arcade mode, and the US version of the port has even less slowdown in general compared to the Japanese version.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
So 90-100 million is a pretty good score on the Vanilla board?

Day three and I'm at about 48 million.

EDIT: Nevermind :lolz:

Last edited:

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Both modes in the port have less slowdown than the arcade original, 360 mode has less slowdown than arcade mode, and the US version of the port has even less slowdown in general compared to the Japanese version.

The gist being, scoring is basically broken across the board on the US version.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
The gist being, scoring is basically broken across the board on the US version.

This.

But after learning the shit system - I'm able to play 360 mode over arcade.

Since I no longer own a PCB.

TWE

Zero's Secretary

Quick rundown:

The Japanese version's Arcade mode is perfect. Its 360 mode is missing a bunch of slowdown and is thus worthless for scoring.

The USA version takes out a bunch of slowdown from both modes, and makes the slowdown that is still there noticably faster. Thus, it's worthless for scoring.

Bottom line: you shouldn't buy the USA version if you play shmups for score. Get a JP X360 and the JP version instead, and only play Arcade mode.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Thanks to Tonk and everyone else posting strats in this thread, I'm getting close to the 1cc!

bebtyr.jpg

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
For those waiting on a price drop, it's $39.82 with free super saver shipping on Amazon.com right now.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Better late than never. Ver. 1.02 patch came out this week for NA 360 version. It changes the game to match the JP and PAL versions slowdown.