Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Place to meet singles in Tokyo?

Tung's Hair Stylist

Place to meet singles in Tokyo?

Hi there,
    I know that`s funny/weird question, but I`currently in Tokyo with a friend on vacation and I wanted to know if there`s a special place or area in Tokyo, where singles goes to try to find their soulmate or something like that?

I heard that there are places like that, but I don`t know where.

If some of you resides in Tokyo, maybe you can give me some tips.

Thanks in advance.

Collaborator

Behold my scalps:

icon15.gif

Shinjuku Ni-chome in Shinjuku ward

I'm Settling in Fine.
    Want a Beer?

Ropongi
    Xbox/PSN Gamer Tag: Wizshaw

Starcraft 2 GamerTag: WizShaw Character Code: 323

A man is a philosopher of genius only when he succeeds in transmuting the primitive and wholly natural vision into an abstract idea belonging to the common stock of consciousness.

Whip's Subordinate

akihabara superpotato dojo

// the beautiful journey to become a Pokémon Master

Beast Buster

Steam: kaiosten
    Xbox Live: Soniku17
    PSN: Soniku17

Cheng's Errand Boy

If you're white, don't speak Japanese, and don't want a challenge: Roppongi. If you have a lot of money, Heartland or A971 (both places are awful).
    If you're white and don't mind a challenge: anywhere else.
    If you like smoking pole: Shinjuku 2-chome, as NeoCverA suggested. Sounds like a resident.

Let DARK ANDY In Lets Gekiga In's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCverA View Post
    Shinjuku Ni-chome in Shinjuku ward
    I had no idea you liked the cock.
    Diamantidis & Spanoulis

Quote Originally Posted by wizkid007 View Post
    Ropongi
    He said 'soulmate,' not 'hooker.'

Quote Originally Posted by SouthtownKid View Post
    He said 'soulmate,' not 'hooker.'
    Maybe he has a foot fetish and can't spell correctly.

DOES ANYONE EVER THINK OF THESE THINGS
    Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    You'd think if you had no input on something you wouldn't post in the thread, but .. yeah.

General Morden's Aide

Last edited by DanAdamKOF; 09-28-2009 at 01:13 AM.

Just ban this account please.
    There is too much confusion.

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.
    It's hard being this sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad cell View Post
    your LOokin' hot see you here! babe
    Someone has a new friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Shagohod
    ~My favorite smell is wet glistening (CLEAN) Vagina. Best smell there is.

Administrator

I love that the posts here unintentionally hit something like five key words that spambots look for

That one nearly went haywire, and all within a few short hours! Very impressive.

Land of the Rising Bling:

Quote Originally Posted by Seijuro Hiko View Post
    Hi there,
    I know that`s funny/weird question, but I`currently in Tokyo with a friend on vacation and I wanted to know if there`s a special place or area in Tokyo, where singles goes to try to find their soulmate or something like that?

I heard that there are places like that, but I don`t know where.

If some of you resides in Tokyo, maybe you can give me some tips.

Thanks in advance.
    Tokyo singles scene - places for foreigners to talk to Japanese ladies that are into foreigners that isn't Roppongi.

Check out the 300 yen bars.. there's a good singles standing only place in Shinbashi and another around Ginza. Usually packed with girls that want to speak a' the English and strange lumbering white guys.

Also try The Hub. There are two in Shibuya, one in Shinjuku and a few other sprinkled around. You can find groups or pairs of ladies that want to speak the English.

Steam Name: JThor (Find me on the neo-geo.com group.)
    Now playing: Diablo 3, Europa Universalis IV, Persona 4 Golden

I've heard Japanese women are the best if you're looking for someone to always bow down and wash the shit stains out of your drawers.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrochiEddie View Post
    our flame wars have become smarter. More tactical. Like the CIA of Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Abasuto View Post
    I've heard Japanese women are the best if you're looking for someone to always bow down and wash the shit stains out of your drawers.
    If my wife saw skidmarks in my briefs while doing the laundry, she would make fun of me.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Dog View Post
    If my wife saw skidmarks in my briefs while doing the laundry, she would make fun of me.
    Mine would at a bare minimum show them to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Dog View Post
    Your wife has been infected by the American-European Women's Movement. It spread like the plague throughout the late 60's into today.

Japan however was mostly immune to this virus.

Interestingly, I was reading some article just 2 nights ago about how the vast, vast majority of women in Japan are still expected to stay at home and never enter the workforce.

The author of the article argued that at this point it's not really "sexist". That Japan's Governnment is fully aware that there's just enough jobs in the country to meet the demand of the men and the very few women who do work.

If 90% of the Japanese women tomorrow woke up and said "I want a job" and started flooding into the job market it would fuck up their system to all hell. The unemployment rate would literally hit 40-50% if women were expected to work just like the fellers.

To prevent this potential disaster, Japan fights against it by pushing extreme "culture" onto the people of "men work hard, women raises babies". Also, he mentioned a finanical trick Japan does to help keep this in place. Check out the cost of daycare in Japan. The average 8 hours in a daycay center for a child in Japan is set higher than any other country in the world. In fact, it's nearly 260% higher than the 2nd place country. Government regulations on private daycare centers are behind the extreme cost.

Your average worker in Japan would have to work 22 hours to pay for 1 day of daycare. Thus, not having a woman at home to watch your kids would bankrupt most families overnight.
    Last edited by abasuto; 09-28-2009 at 10:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrochiEddie View Post
    our flame wars have become smarter. More tactical. Like the CIA of Trolling

Cheng's Errand Boy

Interestingly, I was reading some article just 2 nights ago about how the vast, vast majority of women in Japan are still expected to stay at home and never enter the workforce.
    Average Japanese family cannot afford for her to not get a job. And last I checked walking down the streets, going into office buildings, going into stores, there are plenty of women with employ.

The average 8 hours in a daycay center for a child in Japan is set higher than any other country in the world.
    It's based on the income of the family if you go public... and is dirt cheap assumig you make what every other Japanese person makes... if you can get in. If you go private, it's "expensive". If you go international, it's ridiculous, but never reaches even close to those levels. Here is a tuition list for an all-English school in my neighborhood. Most expensive daycare class is 1.5 million yen a year, for M-F 5 hours a day. That's probably a 3rd of the average Japanese salary of someone with a kid that age if you're including bonus. Let's count Frecell as work, and say the average salaryman works 66 hours a week. So, 1/3 of his work pays for a full year of the highest dollar tuition if he so desires to spend it there.. The author of your article sounds like an uninformed toolbag.

If you want some good and scary reading, find something on Japan's totally fucked up birth rate and how the government is trying to make it cheaper to have kids. Of course, the infrastructure of this country require shitloads and shitloads of people... and they aren't being born. Japan in 50 years will be a depressing site if they can't figure out how to make it appealing and affordable to live there as a foreigner.
    Last edited by GaijinPunch; 09-28-2009 at 10:38 AM.

Administrator

Yeah, Abasuto, at best it sounds like you're describing the classic "office lady" phenomenon (where they find a salaryman and settle down), but I've actually read that those relationships are imploding at a much faster rate --especially since most Japanese men following that classic model tend to act like idiots towards their wives. Of course, this being Japan, the trend at the time of the article (several years ago) was the wife would wait until the kids are out of the house and then divorce.

The classic story where the old clashed with the new is the story of Princess Masako, who went from a lucrative career as a diplomat to basically a baby-machine --until she had a bit of a breakdown due to the intense pressure and control of that most-conservative of conservative institutions, the Imperial Household Agency.

I have no idea what the ratio of office ladies to married career women is though... I also don't know how many Japanese career women are purposely staying single longer to avoid the ridiculous expectations of some salarymen.

Administrator

BTW, all of this has made me think of this classic:

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008...1-asian-girls/

Gotta admit, I can't really relate.

Ukyo's Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    BTW, all of this has made me think of this classic:

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008...1-asian-girls/

Gotta admit, I can't really relate.
    lol hybrids....

So...what is it that you guys particularly like about asian women? The looks or personality (as is assumed to be)? Or Both?

What are you looking for?
    PSN: Some_Nachos

Yep....that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasuto View Post
    Was the article in a 1973 issue of Reader's Digest? Because that doesn't sound accurate at all. I'll admit I've only ever lived in the big city, but there were always plenty of women working in every kind of business all over town. Maybe it's different in rural areas, and I guess they wouldn't count running mom & pop-type shops as being "workforce," but that still doesn't sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by Yue(Moon) View Post
    lol hybrids....

So...what is it that you guys particularly like about asian women? The looks or personality (as is assumed to be)? Or Both?

I like all women, regardless of race actually.

I didn't go to Japan looking for women, I actually met my wife in my hometown. She was visiting friends, and it went from there. I just found her to be an incredibly good person, someone that I could trust fully.

I had a bad run of dating some psychotic women prior to this.

We ended up getting married 4 years later, been married 6 years now and still going strong.

Yes, I have a little bit of a thing for asian women, but I didn't get a case of "yellow fever" and actively search for one.

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER

Quote Originally Posted by Yue(Moon) View Post
    lol hybrids....

Undomesticated Primate. Trying to preserve La Raza.

Thread Information