Post your tated setup.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I figure why the hell not right? Let's exclude cabs 'cause there's nothing new about watching a cab monitor tated.

I'll post mine when I find my camera.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Here is a couple of mine
DSC02320.jpg

Picture299.jpg

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member

WinkWink

World Soccer '96
I'm not gonna leave Kiel by himself....

TATE that bitch

lights off
dsc01424c.jpg

lights on
dsc01426ls.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Sorry I took so long, I just don't have any pics except for these ones. I have leveled up my tated TV to a 24" Sony wega tube and I'm also working on a 32" Bravia rig, but I cannot find my cammera! oh well, this will do for now.

ABMaiStick012.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Mofus

n00b
Hey electricgrave is that a NeoFlex LCD Stand? I've been considering gettin one of those for some PC Tate action. How big is the monitor you're using?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yes and 24". Staples is selling some knock offs of the Neofelx as well, they are branded under 3M, for all I know it could be manufactured by Ergotron 'cause they are identical in shape and functionality.

Mofus

n00b
Tate

Sweet I'll have to go check it out right now I'm just resting my monitor on the side if i wanna Tate with my PC but I'd much rather have a proper rotating stand.

DSCF1346Medium.jpg

Here's the main Tate setup: 24" Sony with my Ps2 & Dreamcast hooked up to it, also i got S-Video coming out of the small form factor PC next to it so i can MAME on the TV as well. Pretty decent for me but i have a tendency to switch it to and from Tate position far too often.. some days i need to play Gunbird 2 & Triggerheart and others I just need 3:S and MvC2.

DSCF1332Medium.jpg

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
100_2218.jpg

Here's my setup. VGA adapter for the Dreamcast and the XRGB-2 Plus for everything else. The LCD is on a swivel stand.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Current setup. 28" cheapie monitor, but has the right weight and VESA mount for my desk arm stand.

sat1.jpg

sat3.jpg

sat2.jpg

Old setup on a 24"

m24_ikaruga_3.jpg

m24_ikaruga_2.jpg

ikar1.jpg

Temporary setup from time to time

shmup4.jpg

Last edited:

Kyle

Kabuki Klasher
Here's my humble little desk tate. I switch between a Namco, Seimitsu modded TE, and Saturn pad when people are sleeping and it needs to be quiet.

namcopc.jpg

Kyle

Kabuki Klasher
I'm debating between getting a larger CRT and a pivoting LCD. Are there any mid-sized (roughly 30 inches) CRTs that aren't so deep? I'm thinking it would be a better fit since the LCD wouldn't be the right aspect ratio.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I'm debating between getting a larger CRT and a pivoting LCD. Are there any mid-sized (roughly 30 inches) CRTs that aren't so deep? I'm thinking it would be a better fit since the LCD wouldn't be the right aspect ratio.

Samsung makes a "Slim Fit" Crt. At least they did a couple years ago.

Kyle

Kabuki Klasher
Samsung makes a "Slim Fit" Crt. At least they did a couple years ago.
Thanks. I'll look into this. I wouldn't mind a 4x3 pivoting LCD either. That's probably an eBay buy though since everything is widescreen at this point.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Thanks. I'll look into this. I wouldn't mind a 4x3 pivoting LCD either. That's probably an eBay buy though since everything is widescreen at this point.

Yeah, the version I have is 16:9. But the "Slim Fit" line, or whatever it's called, is pretty good. They weight about 10-25 pounds less than your average CRT of the same size. I can actually lift my TV by myself. I think it's about 115-125 lbs or so. Not bad for a 30".

SSS

neo retired
anyone rotate a projector? I think we did this at a gathering VT had a few years ago for Dogyuun, was pretty spiffy.

Kyle

Kabuki Klasher
anyone rotate a projector? I think we did this at a gathering VT had a few years ago for Dogyuun, was pretty spiffy.
Over on the shmups forum a guy posted a projector shot where the game covered an entire wall. Everyone was drooling over it. That has to be a borderline spiritual experience.

I'm keeping an eye on the new smallish LED based projectors. When the quality gets nice enough I really want to use one with a supergun for TATE.

Kyle

Kabuki Klasher
I'm keeping an eye on the new smallish LED based projectors. When the quality gets nice enough I really want to use one with a supergun for TATE.
I had no idea so I went digging. It looks like this will be the way to go once the technology catches up. Right now they're in the $200-300 range, the resolution is low, and the reviews said it had to be really damned dark for them to work.

I added a second Namco to my ghetto tate setup.

img1026tn.jpg

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
Current setup. 28" cheapie monitor, but has the right weight and VESA mount for my desk arm stand.

sat1.jpg

sat3.jpg

sat2.jpg

Old setup on a 24"

m24_ikaruga_3.jpg

m24_ikaruga_2.jpg

ikar1.jpg

Temporary setup from time to time

shmup4.jpg

Nice Tate Setups :buttrock:

I have a Tate setup with using a 22'LCD Hanns-G. How did you manage to get the Stand part of the Actually Moniter display Casing? I wouldn't mind doing that myself, any tips would help :)

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Funny you guys mention projectors. Not too long ago a friend and I ghetto rigged a projector to play some shmups. Really immersive experience. It would be nice to have some sort of permanent mount capable of doing that.... or like what others have mentioned, just wait for the portable projectors to improve.

I don't know if you guys do this as well... but at airports, news broadcasts, etc... you ever notice how many "tated" 42-50+ flatpanels they always seem to have? I always think in my head... what a waste! Should be playing some shmups on those! haha

@Darkneo

From what I recall, there were just a few screws in the back that attached the stock stand to the monitor. Same deal with my old monitor. Once you remove that, the standard VESA mount for PC monitors should be ready to accept a compatible VESA stand/arm/bracket.