Fighters Swords / SamSho3

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
This showed up today from ebay. It looks like an official snk repair based on the prog board, but the cha board has an MX chip on it!?

samsho_3_b1_front.jpg

samsho_3_b2_front.jpg

-ack

silverstar

New Challenger
Nice pics, my recently purchased Fighters Swords looks exactly like this.
Does anyone know how these pictures can be added to mvs-scans.com? I couldn't find this game on there, that's normally the first place I check when I need PCB pics of neo geo MVS games.

Edit:
Well, if you look up Samurai Shodown III on mvs-scans there's a picture labeled "repair" which fits the bill (doesn't use the same MX-chip though).
If you search the site for "Fighters Swords" you don't get any hits. Maybe if the title "Fighters Swords" is added to the site somehow, so you can find the scans without having to know that you need to look for SamSho III and not the korean title Fighters Swords?

Last edited:

silverstar

New Challenger
This:
"Well, if you look up Samurai Shodown III on mvs-scans there's a picture labeled "repair" which fits the bill (doesn't use the same MX-chip though).
If you search the site for "Fighters Swords" you don't get any hits. Maybe if the title "Fighters Swords" is added to the site somehow, so you can find the scans without having to know that you need to look for SamSho III and not the korean title Fighters Swords?"

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
I have a Korean Waku Waku 7 that has two MX roms on it. The remainder of the roms have the NGH number on them and the cart is legit. The Korean cart you have is also legit. :D

Last edited:

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
2 Korean carts and 1 English cart

DSCN7800.jpg

English cart

DSCN7801.jpg

Korean cart 1

DSCN7802.jpg

Korean cart 2 with MX EPROM

DSCN7804.jpg

Close up of EPROMs

DSCN7806.jpg

All carts legit, even with MX EPROM :)

Last edited:

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
This:
"Well, if you look up Samurai Shodown III on mvs-scans there's a picture labeled "repair" which fits the bill (doesn't use the same MX-chip though).
If you search the site for "Fighters Swords" you don't get any hits. Maybe if the title "Fighters Swords" is added to the site somehow, so you can find the scans without having to know that you need to look for SamSho III and not the korean title Fighters Swords?"

I put up the fighters swords/MX version as set 3 last night.

thanks
-ack