Super MVS Converter II (Blazing Star issues)

xorthen

Banned
Hey there guys, I had a problem while trying to run my Blazing Star MVS on the Super MVS II Converter. I've tried tons of other games including: Metal Slug X, 2, 3, KOF 2K, Puzzle Bobble, etc, and they have all worked flawlessly. Does anybody know what may be making my Blazing star act weird? It's also an authentic cartridge. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What kind of problems exactly? Could just need a cleaning.

xorthen

Banned
Sound issues! Tons of scratching and scramble noises, music sound effects issues.

slugger_dan

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
+1 for cleaning or inspecting the prog board cause when I insert carts badly or in need of cleaning sometimes the sound is mostly horrible scrambled noise. when the pins on the cart board that go to the V roms are not well connected you hear that sort of stuff.

Noisepurge

New Challenger
I can atleast confirm that an authentic Blazing Star normally works fine on AES with the Super MVS Converter 2

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I have a Super MVS II converter. And the only game that doesn't work for me is Metal Slug X for some reason. I just get a flickering black screen.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I have a Super MVS II converter. And the only game that doesn't work for me is Metal Slug X for some reason. I just get a flickering black screen.

What kind of PSU are you using +5v or +9,10,11,12v?

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I have a +9v power supply. I know, I'm going to buy one of those power supplies off of your jammax site. I hope that will correct it. But I have a cabinet aswell so I can still play Metal Slug X in the Cabinet just not on my AES. I have about 40 games and they all work MINT except that one.

doctor_shred

Zero's Secretary
I agree that sound issues may just mean you need to give Blazing star a good clean.

My copy of Puzzle De Pon sounded aweful the first time I used it with the converter (no probs with my 2-slot). A quick clean and all is well.

xorthen

Banned
I removed the rom boards and tried wiping with a q tip. I put the game in a different MVS shell and the game worked great. I took the roms and put them back in the original shell and the game made weird sounds again.

What should I use to clean the boards?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sounds like the cart shell isn't holding the boards well or the PCB divider is the wrong way.

amaradona

Kabuki Klasher
Good day.

First of all thank you for welcoming me on this great forum.
This is my first post and i am very recent AES owner.

I have currently order few mvs games with the super neo mvs converter 2 which works perfectly.

I have also notice that some neogeo games such as kof 2003 exists in jamma version.

My question is the following can we plug the jamma cart like the schema below

jamma-----mvs------aes (of course using jamma 2 mvs and mvs 2 aes converters)

thank you for your help

Amaradona

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Good day.

First of all thank you for welcoming me on this great forum.
This is my first post and i am very recent AES owner.

I have currently order few mvs games with the super neo mvs converter 2 which works perfectly.

I have also notice that some neogeo games such as kof 2003 exists in jamma version.

My question is the following can we plug the jamma cart like the schema below

jamma-----mvs------aes (of course using jamma 2 mvs and mvs 2 aes converters)

thank you for your help

Amaradona

I'm no expert but I would assume that would work. The multi-game MVS carts work with converters, so I can't see this as being much different. Since the pins match, you're probably ok, but the only way to be sure is to try it.

I'd wait for a more experienced member to comment though, cos I don't wanna be responsible for your Neo exploding or something.

Last edited: