Replacing the locks in a Neo Geo MVS Cabinet

aclbandit

Another Striker
I'm going to buy replacement locks for my Neo Geo MVS cab, since I don't have the keys for the locks that are in it.

Therefore, I just want to make sure I'm getting the right parts. I need the two locks on the bottom (one for the coin mech, one for the ... um... door thing) and a third longer one for the marquee holder.

From Happ Controls, the items I've chosen thus far are as follows:

Two lower locks: 30-2225-631 (7/8" lock)
Marquee lock: 30-2226-631 (1-1/8" lock)

Are these, in fact, the correct locks, both the correct length and size, for the locks I'm replacing? And, since Happ's site is tough for me to understand (I know only a little about arcade machines thus far), are these all going to use the same key for unlocking/locking as one another?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Happ's site is tough for me to understand TOO..

I took my locks to Home depot and matched them up..

I still have the packaging for the coin door locks..
Franklin Mfg
Drawer and Door
7/8 Utility Lock

The package has a KEY# on the back..I'm not sure if you can get the same key to open all the locks..Unless on the back of the packages the Key# is the same..
Maybe going to a lock smith type shop you can get locks with the same key.

I didn't..I took the locks apart and filed the tumblers down to work with one key..

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I'm going to buy replacement locks for my Neo Geo MVS cab, since I don't have the keys for the locks that are in it.

Therefore, I just want to make sure I'm getting the right parts. I need the two locks on the bottom (one for the coin mech, one for the ... um... door thing) and a third longer one for the marquee holder.

Are these, in fact, the correct locks, both the correct length and size, for the locks I'm replacing? And, since Happ's site is tough for me to understand (I know only a little about arcade machines thus far), are these all going to use the same key for unlocking/locking as one another?
The last three digits in the part number is the key code for the locks...in your case, a 631 key which will open all three locks. About 3 years ago, that would open all the coin slot doors in my game room since we used to have 631 coded locks from HAPP.

aclbandit

Another Striker
Thanks for the info, guys. Looks like those will work: same number, and 7/8 is right for at least the bottom two. Is the measurement I put up on the top one the one I'd need?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I don't have my two slot Cab anymore...(One Lock for the Marquee

The 1- two slot cabs you can get into the top marquee through screws at the very top of the cab.(some are a tork bit with a hole in the center)
When I bought my two slot I got it to the Garage then realized the key I had did not open the marquee door..I got to the top of the cab and opened it..took the marquee off and Pulled the lock out..

The two marquee locks in my "Big"ger Red are longer then the coin door locks

Coin
MVSCOINDOORLOCKS030.jpg

Coin
MVSCOINDOORLOCKS031.jpg

Marquee..
MVSCOINDOORLOCKS032.jpg

All you have to do is take the lock out of the marquee and match it to the coin door..if it's the same lenth your good to go..

The only thing I'd like to mention in my case is that the locks I got from Home Depot would not slide into the hole in my coin doors.
I had to file.like 0.5mm of metal..and i mean it was like wiping a tiny piece of metal off the flat part in the coin door.

MoriyaMinakata

Stakes Winner 2
15 Year Member
I had no problems getting the Home Depot cam locks into my cab. They fit in perfectly.

Only thing is that they aren't keyed the same. The coin locks both are, but the marquee one is different.

aclbandit

Another Striker
My local Home Depot didn't have cam locks in the right size. I'll have to get them from Happ anyway. :(

aclbandit

Another Striker
Never came back and let you folks know: the Happ Controls locks I ordered worked like a charm. Marking as "solved." Because, you know, it has been solved... for months.

Guess it's been too long since starting this thread for me to be able to mark it as "solved" in the title...

Last edited:

Shaggy76

n00b
So I have replace the locks on a 4 slot mvs cabinet. What missing now is the peace the arm locks into. Does anybody have pictures of what its supposed to look like? Is there a kit I can order etc?

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Not to be a stickler, but I think most MVS cabs were manufactured with Chicago Lock Company locks from the get go. They don't make locks any more :( just in case you were looking for something original.

Shaggy76

n00b
Nope, I have replaced the lock's, but there is nothing for them to position into to lock. So I am trying to find out info if anybody has pictures or the name of the mechanism that I can get to fix this.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Nope, I have replaced the lock's, but there is nothing for them to position into to lock. So I am trying to find out info if anybody has pictures or the name of the mechanism that I can get to fix this.

Ah. My bad. Just latches around a screw behind the marquee.

image.jpg

Shaggy76

n00b
MM,

I am not able to see the pic, its states that I don't have the correct access. Are you able to just post it?

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
MM,

I am not able to see the pic, its states that I don't have the correct access. Are you able to just post it?

um. i did post it. there's no link. probably because you have 100% noob status it's not showing up? i dunno...

HB_Gamer

n00b
What about the lock on the rear panel?

What about the lock on the rear panel? What size? Also looking for led lights for the Coin slots if anyone has a number.