Games you would have liked to see on the Hyper 64

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Honestly I think the Hyper 64 had a lot of potential. Here is some of the games or series that I wish expanded to the Hyper 64. These titles don't have to be 3D, they can just be updated 2D. The Hyper had some beautiful 2D graphics, if you've never seen them then check out SS64.

Metal Slug
Sengoku
Nam 1975
Neo Turfmasters
Prehistoric Isle
Super Sidekicks

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Honestly I think the Hyper 64 had a lot of potential. Here is some of the games or series that I wish expanded to the Hyper 64. These titles don't have to be 3D, they can just be updated 2D. The Hyper had some beautiful 2D graphics, if you've never seen them then check out SS64.

Metal Slug
Sengoku
Nam 1975
Neo Turfmasters
Prehistoric Isle
Super Sidekicks

Lots of games that would have worked for an update...

Metal Slug - This game would just work well as a detailed 2D game... probably could avoid any slowdown doing 2D on a system with that processing behind it.

Blazing Star - Do the game with 3D and make it so that the game moves around, so it isn't just horizontal, but moves around as you go. The ship sets you could make working in 3D could be even more wild (with weapons & such)

King of Fighters - Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know what you're thinking, Maximum Impact SUCKS. But hear me out. Imagine if SNK took time to make KOF in 3D on their own terms (not trying to satisfy the marketplace by going 3D). Somehow, I imagine something with a much more involved 3 team battle system, maybe like Project Justice, where your team has group attacks, in battle partner switching. Ahh, what could have been...

Neo Turf Masters - Would have been cool, because they could detail out the highs & lows on a course... instead of fairway always just being flat fairway & such.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
First off, Maximum Impact does not suck.

Not mentioned.
World Heroes
Shock Troopers
Kizuna Encounter/Savage Reing
Last Resort

Some serious DE love

Windjammers
Karnov's Revenge (With the same exact system/engine)
Magical Drop
Street Hoops

Man a bunch more titles I can't think of right now. Is a shame this system never took off but I guess back then 3D fighting games controlled differently than what SNK had done and I think that's what the public wanted to see thus the downfall of the HNG64, but if you look now at 3D fighting games they control like what SNK did with HNG64, so in truth I think SNK was way ahead of it's time with this system but nobody could see it that way at the time.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Metal Slug and Blazing Star/Pulstar/Shooter. Would have been sweet to see one of these series make it. Good call on these guys!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I wonder what they could have with world heroes on the Hyper.

And yes a windjammers sequel would have been nice.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Maximum Impact doesn't suck, especially 2.

Buriki Two
Breakers (lol)
Art of Fighting (after 3, why not full 3-D?)
Neo Turfmasters
Super Sidekicks
How about a puzzle game like Magical Drop or Puzzle de Pon? Admittedly it would just be a graphical update, but would have been nice to see those series continued on other platforms.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
What's funnyy is I put that KOF MI sucks like expecting a bunch of people to slam it when I mention a 3D KOF and I get the opposite effect :p

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Wow Really? Stay out of this forum please if you can't be serious for once.

Oh man thats giggles.

Its a thread about imaginary video games and I can't be serious for once? :scratch: This is the Hyper equivalent of the Capcom Vs SNK 3 thread. I think I'm taking this thread just as seriously as it need be took. I feel my post was appropriate.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Oh man thats giggles.

Its a thread about imaginary video games and I can't be serious for once? :scratch: This is the Hyper equivalent of the Capcom Vs SNK 3 thread. I think I'm taking this thread just as seriously as it need be took. I feel my post was appropriate.

Mario 64 came out in 1996 on the N64 and the Hyper came out in 1997. If the Hyper came out first then that would be different.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I've always thought about an updated NTM...but wouldn't want a shitty sequel to ruin the name. NTM was perfect as is, IMO. It's still fun today, even given its shortcomings.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What's funnyy is I put that KOF MI sucks like expecting a bunch of people to slam it when I mention a 3D KOF and I get the opposite effect :p
Of course not. Great game. I just wish all the new SNKP games were as good.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Last Resort.

Windjammers.

Street Hoops.

Waku Waku 7.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
any shmup woulda' been awesome. Especially Last Resort.

Having seen how freakin' clean the BG's look in Warrior's Rage...one can't help but wonder what a 2D game woulda' looked like on the hardware though.

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Early titles like

Would have been cool to see cyber-Lip get a metal slug like upgrade in the graphics department.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
I wish they came out with Buriki Two.

It would have been the greatest SNK fighting game of all time.

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Good ol Bust A Move would have even looked great with a new 64 version also an Overtop or Thrash Rally sequal would've been most Excellent! :)