What Region Kits do you own?

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Quick poll to see what region the Hyper64 kits that people own are from. It seems that you don't see many US/English kits on here, they are mostly Japanese kits.

I personally own all 4 fighting games in Japanese region (3 of which are full kits) and have FF:WA and Buriki in full English kit form.

Last edited:

dogworth

Kuroko's Training Dummy
i have all 4 fighting games in jap region. full complete kits except for buriki one, which was a loose cart.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I have never even been able to find a picture of an English SSWR kit. Can anyone confirm that they exist, and if so, was a large marquee ever made?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
why do we never see any JP kits? or are they all JP and theres no english? I don't follow H64 much :emb:

wimommy2boys

Super Sidekicks 2
i bought both ss64 and sswr new in 98 or so. They where both in jp. Only ss64 had a large marquee. Its white with haumoru on the front.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Aye, I've got a couple of the SS64 marquees. I didn't think there was one for WR.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
why do we never see any JP kits? or are they all JP and theres no english? I don't follow H64 much :emb:

It's a mixed bag but we all thought they were all JP kits since the Hyper failed in Japan so I was never expecting to see English Hyper kits.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Well here's the thing, I have an English copy of SS64WR with an English manual and a complete set of English move stickers. It's not a complete kit though, as it's missing the poster and box/baggie.

Where did it come from? Was there an English kit made for this game but it just didn't have a large marquee? Were these available outside of a complete kit or shipped in a JP kit box?

I'm trying to find complete SS64 and SS64WR English kits.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
So I found a couple pictures of SS64:WR complete English kits, serial numbers 0119 and 0121. Interestingly enough my partial English kit is 0127.

Now I know this isn't enough data to conclusively determine this, but could it be that the low numbers are English kits, with only Japanese kits appearing after a certain point? I've heard that serials as low as the 0400s for this game are Japanese. Can anyone confirm or deny this theory?