KOF XII Online Meetings

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I have to get my boy up from his nap, but I really do want to soon. Just don't get bored with kicking my ass because I have no clue as to how this game should be played yet.

I'm sure Oklahoma's best street fighter player's got something for me. :loco:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm sure Oklahoma's best street fighter player's got something for me. :loco:

Haha, well, I've never really been good at KOF, especially one that I haven't much experience playing. Now if you wanna do some SF we can definitely get a few rounds of that in, too..

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Haha, well, I've never really been good at KOF, especially one that I haven't much experience playing. Now if you wanna do some SF we can definitely get a few rounds of that in, too..

LOL I've only played it once or twice, so you would most assuredly destroy me.

You used to be on my list, but maybe you removed yourself? What's your GT?

or you can just add me.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
lol well i sent you a message asking for an invite, then setup a room and sent an invite and you just stayed playing 1p mode... maybe next time I guess

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
lol well i sent you a message asking for an invite, then setup a room and sent an invite and you just stayed playing 1p mode... maybe next time I guess

I never saw a message! I'm still on btw. You could've always messaged me again. Not like 1p is that engrossing. :loco:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Hah, that was laggy and a half, but I was laughing and having a good time anyway. So many dumb things happening on both sides, frame rate going down, and hilarious random people I have no idea how to use. I really hope they fix the netcode because that was so fun, even in the laggggg

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
Hah, that was laggy and a half, but I was laughing and having a good time anyway. So many dumb things happening on both sides, frame rate going down, and hilarious random people I have no idea how to use. I really hope they fix the netcode because that was so fun, even in the laggggg

We were bouncing around like fools! :tickled:

ggs, A+++, Would deal with again!

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I actually recorded these comedic matches. I'll throw some up in the video thread. The roflcopter landed right on our connection

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I actually recorded these comedic matches. I'll throw some up in the video thread. The roflcopter landed right on our connection

Lemme know when they're up, so I can furiously faceplam.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
Yay! I can finally play too. I'll probably try to be on in the afternoon...though I'm not sure how you challenge someone, the only thing I ever played online was CoD lol. I just started playing so I can't be that hard really.

Oh yeah, PSN is Some_Nachos

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
New patch up, anyone who wants some IV or XII, add meee

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
one strategy I see all the time is the short hop light, spam low b, overhead. I know it's something you can deal with, but it's annoying seeing this over and over.

This is not a beautiful game. Other than Kyo, most characters feel like it's Fatal Fury 2 game mechanics.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Literally, to be good in the shitty lag and delay, just creatively attack, or rush down attack like a beast. You'd be surprised how hard it is to beat rush down because shoryu type moves are a lost cause with that awful delay. Plus adjusting your guard on sight reaction is a joke.
Fuck SNKP for this release.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Literally, to be good in the shitty lag and delay, just creatively attack, or rush down attack like a beast. You'd be surprised how hard it is to beat rush down because shoryu type moves are a lost cause with that awful delay. Plus adjusting your guard on sight reaction is a joke.
Fuck SNKP for this release.

Even if you played some of this scrubs in real life, it would be the same. A lot of moves are just gimped. My best character is supposed to be Leona. That's how it's been since 97. To say she's gimped in this version is an understatement. I don't know.

I played a very good Goro today. Seriously, Goro should be the bottom of the list. Ugly ass character.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Even if you played some of this scrubs in real life, it would be the same. A lot of moves are just gimped. My best character is supposed to be Leona. That's how it's been since 97. To say she's gimped in this version is an understatement. I don't know.

I played a very good Goro today. Seriously, Goro should be the bottom of the list. Ugly ass character.

Nah, there is a entirely structed way to play. A-cho has great video examples, so seek em out dude. For example, use terry and form a style that controls air and ground, he has many good footsie's, and dfC is a anti air, as well as rising tackle, even crack shoot is good to reset pressure for footsies. Terry's cB, cB, cB, sB, fwdA is great, also his fwdA standard is a good interuption, if they get countered and spin, you get a free burn knuckle.

How exactly would it be the same if I can react to things on seeing them? The instant someone jumps terry is nearly guarantee'd his rising tackle. Online after the 2nd patch, I gotta do it ahead, and I hate not being able to do things last second. I literally gotta do my combos without confirmation of hits, and that right there is the end of a fighting game for me.

Goro can be used well, but I dislike the fact hes missing some things that are key to goro, I go with raiden in this game and my raiden isn't bad as far as grapplers go.

BTW, Leona is a total beast in this, shes guaranteed her super off practically any jump because her shortcut is easy, she has mix ups off her charge b/d, and she has godly anti air's and the like. I suggest playing this game like a fatal fury, its not really a kof. The appeal to me is that it reminds me in some ways of ff special.

kof xii has amazingly gameplay. If you have anyone to play without 22093784234 delay, then by all means go for it. I just know if I had some comp i'd be a brutal opponent because this game combines engine features that I have had past talent in, but there is no comp, and another year has gone by where nobody cares about kof.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I hate lag tactics. Kind of like Haohmaru in CvS2 where you can spam c.lks and then bust out his overhead special. It's literally impossible to react to with any sort of delay.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
I don't know about you guys, but i'm playing this on PS3 and the lag is still really bad, even with the 1.02 patch.

i'm really disappointed. :crying:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah, its pretty simple actually, SNKP is stupid as fuck, and just as greedy, so don't support em.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
How about friend matches? are they any better?

maybe i'll try IMing you later to see if you're on, if you're interested in playing, anyway...