Anyone going to Sudoeste Festival

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I am having trouble finding a place to stay in Zambujeira Do Mar and so anyone who can help me find a place to stay, please let me know. Everything seems to be booked.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I am having trouble finding a place to stay in Zambujeira Do Mar and so anyone who can help me find a place to stay, please let me know. Everything seems to be booked.

It wouldn't be the first place I'd recommend if you're planning a trip here.

Sudoeste is mostly crowded by people spending the night at a camping park.
Unless you have a car, you will have trouble to find a place to rest. there aren't much inns, hotels, youth hostels or anything like that. Bear in mind that it's a rural area.

Last edited:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego

staying in Sudoeste means that you will have to camp.
so you're coming to Portugal, how about you meet me and Atro and go watch SLB Benfica to the stadium?Beer imcluded.i pay!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It wouldn't be the first place I'd recommend if you're planning a trip here.

Sudoeste is mostly crowded by people spending the night at a camping park.
Unless you have a car, you will have trouble to find a place to rest. there aren't much inns, hotels, youth hostels or anything like that. Bear in mind that it's a rural area.

I guess I'm going to be really fucking dirty then. Crap.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I guess I'm going to be really fucking dirty then. Crap.

Anyway, if you by any chance still think on coming by, tell me when and where so I shall pay you a visit ;) ( if my job permits )

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
how far are you from zambujeira, and do you think there's a train I can take? I don't speak portuguese, as you know. I have no idea how I'm going to survive there.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
how far are you from zambujeira, and do you think there's a train I can take? I don't speak portuguese, as you know. I have no idea how I'm going to survive there.

People will understand English,you might come across someone who doesn´t but i think you will be allright speaking english.if you´re going Atro´s way then you will not be that far from me.lemme know if you need something.and if you´re coming to Lisbon you have to let me pay you a beer.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

not sure about trains, but there will be plenty of buses ( somewhat crappy methinks ^^ )

are you coming ALONE???

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think staying at the sudoeste festival is going to be annoying if it rains. I'm at a festival in NY and it's been raining a lot. Cold and muddy. If that happens in Portugal, I'll probably go north.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
I think staying at the sudoeste festival is going to be annoying if it rains. I'm at a festival in NY and it's been raining a lot. Cold and muddy. If that happens in Portugal, I'll probably go north.

it will probally be pretty hot and sunny...

SIXPACK

Armored Scrum Object

Its hot and sunny! No rain in sight!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I just got back from a music festival in NY and I may just go to Lisbon for a few days before coming back for Faith No More.

Music festivals are too much for me. I still feel fucked up right now.

SIXPACK

Armored Scrum Object
I just got back from a music festival in NY and I may just go to Lisbon for a few days before coming back for Faith No More.

Music festivals are too much for me. I still feel fucked up right now.

I think Faith No More is playing here too!

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
http://www.fnm.com/tour-dates.shtml

honestly, I wish it wasn't at Zambujeira.

I mean, I get it, people want to be in a backwoods area that they can camp out and do massive amounts of drugs. But damn, it's like middle of nowhere.

personally i cant stand summer festivals...and i saw AC\DC last month no need to see nothing again in this life.
anyway...if youre coming to Lisbon be sure to give us a "call".it would be great to be your host for an afternoon.seriously.

SIXPACK

Armored Scrum Object
Nothing beats that concert Professor!
May i sugest that you take Wasabi to "sopa de olhos"?
Lovely place!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
what would be the best way to get to Lisbon from Cadiz/Tarifa, Spain?

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
what would be the best way to get to Lisbon from Cadiz/Tarifa, Spain?

if you have someone with car its about 4 hours driving.
if not, you should have to get a bus to Sevilha and then from Sevilha to Lisbon.Not sure that theres a bus directly from Cadiz to Lisbon...
maybe you can get a Bus from Cadiz to Loulé(Algarve-Portugal),and then get a train\bus to Lisbon.
Did that trip once when i went to the Azkena Rock Festival,but did it by car.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
if you have someone with car its about 4 hours driving.
if not, you should have to get a bus to Sevilha and then from Sevilha to Lisbon.Not sure that theres a bus directly from Cadiz to Lisbon...
maybe you can get a Bus from Cadiz to Loulé(Algarve-Portugal),and then get a train\bus to Lisbon.
Did that trip once when i went to the Azkena Rock Festival,but did it by car.

I'll think about getting a car then.

I suck at driving.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
How much time are you going to have to get to Lisbon?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I figure if I leave Tarifa on the 5th, I would stick around lisbon until the 8th, see FNM, then go to Madrid on the 9th.

PM me your cellphone when your about to get here.

I'll get in touch with you. I'm "car less" right now, but I'll try to be your guide as long as I can.

If I had a car right now, probably I would host you in my place. It's a mess right now, I wouldn't have so much time to spend with you since my "agenda" is damn busy for the next 4-6 weeks to come.

I wouldn't still lose the opportunity to meet a foreign NG.com fellow from that continent !

I almost met Vinnylboy once, but he wasn't at the hotel when I called, so we didn't met.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
If you guys have a neo geo machine and a few samurai shodowns....